The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Polygamy

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Polygamy

Postby dead prez » Jun 26th, '14, 18:24

With same sex marriage on the rise in America and certain states legalizing it as well as as shutting down any forms of opposition towards it (http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... tml#page=1), do you think that polygamy is the next logical step to follow it? I mean if you have a bunch of consenting partners than why not not, and it's really nobody else's business. It always makes me laugh when dumbasses try to compare same sex marraige with pedophilia & bestiality when the one staring them right in their faces eludes them. But yeah thoughts on a moral or ethical level.

Also how do you hyper link in this broke ass website?
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Polygamy

Postby dead prez » Jun 26th, '14, 18:30

bigray wrote:Its illegal because the laws have already been put in place however they should reverse them. Imagine your own child wanted to get married to the same sex and because of the law they couldn't, that would totally suck for them and I wouldn't want to imagine the emotional and mental effect it may have on them if it were your own child.

I'm confused are you referring to same sex marriage or polygamy? loll

Also I assume polygamy has a stigma against it where many of the partners where younger and submissive were forced onto a more dominant and adult partner.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Pixel » Jun 27th, '14, 05:23

I dont agree with polygamy, but i dont think it should be illegal, always thought that was a matter of the people involved in the relationship, but i think there are more than just ethical reasons as to why its illegal, i think there would have to be a lot of complex changes to current marriage laws which would probably be a bit expensive and difficult to put into place, but yeah thats just how i see it
"You're a want to be while i'm a to be when i pick up this 2B"
Pixel
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby cement » Jun 28th, '14, 23:03

got so many sidebitches call me polygamy
NIGGAGANG: takeover 2014.
GANG:
Rollef$en, €anadaPure, Blog$ Mcgoo$h, $atan, €harlotte, Never_€nough, Tru€ Wiz, €xcitaz, D€rdyPK, Th€VipBro, N-R-G, md€maz, €€D€€, $nakebeast (FULL MEMBER), HotDawg, Pudding, Aton€, Mistah €vil, Jo$himura
R.I.P. to my homeboy £I£BuffDa[OG], we done lost you on the streets but you aint forgotten hombre.
SNITCH:
Stanbase
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=170027
#FUCKJABBA
cement
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Jun 29th, '14, 05:32

While I don't necessarily agree with the idea of polygamy, it would make me a hypocrite to say that gay marriage is all hunky-dory while polygamy isn't. As long as everyone in the party is happy, that's fine with me.

I don't see it ever becoming mainstream/legal, though.
Last edited by UofLCard on Jun 29th, '14, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby mezee » Jul 5th, '14, 20:29

As long as it's consensual, then it's none of my business. Personally, it doesn't sound to appealing to me, but to each their own.
mezee
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Jul 5th, '14, 22:37

you could just fly to the middle east or convert... not that i think its fair...
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby HeySamantha » Jul 5th, '14, 22:59

If they are willing to go into a marriage with multiple wives or husbands, go right ahead. As long as everyone knows everyone else involved and it's all continual, why not? It's nobodies business but their own. To tell them they're not allowed to do so, seems wrong to me.

As long as you're not hurting anybody and it makes you happy, do what you want to do.
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby HeySamantha » Jul 6th, '14, 02:51

Hesky wrote:I know I've posted this multiple times, but I STILL can't believe marriage exists. What an outdated, pointless concept/ritual.

Truth.
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby cement » Jul 7th, '14, 01:46

If homos can marry then a marriage should also be able to be like this
NIGGAGANG: takeover 2014.
GANG:
Rollef$en, €anadaPure, Blog$ Mcgoo$h, $atan, €harlotte, Never_€nough, Tru€ Wiz, €xcitaz, D€rdyPK, Th€VipBro, N-R-G, md€maz, €€D€€, $nakebeast (FULL MEMBER), HotDawg, Pudding, Aton€, Mistah €vil, Jo$himura
R.I.P. to my homeboy £I£BuffDa[OG], we done lost you on the streets but you aint forgotten hombre.
SNITCH:
Stanbase
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=170027
#FUCKJABBA
cement
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Jul 7th, '14, 02:46

Hesky wrote:I know I've posted this multiple times, but I STILL can't believe marriage exists. What an outdated, pointless concept/ritual.

The man has a point, tbh.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby mdemaz » Jul 7th, '14, 07:22

Basedshady wrote:If it doesn't effect you or harm others let it be, nobody cares about your own views.

Can't see this type of thing being too pleasant or balanced though, to be honest. But being gay and being judged for stuff most people simply don't get makes me feel inclined to support such a thing if people are comfortable with it, niggas gotta be happy.

And yeah, it's pretty awful being compared to the likes of child and animal abusers.

The key word is consensual here, people.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Return to Serious Debate