The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Recreational Use of Cannabis: Good or Bad?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Recreational Use of Cannabis: Good or Bad?

Postby ganjakush56 » Jul 8th, '14, 02:54

I've heard of a lot of different views from both sides of this conversation, touching on a variety of components such as decriminalization, the legality, health effects, moral and/or societal implications, etc. I'm curious as what the general consensus of this forum is on this topic.
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

Ego: the pathology of human consciousness
ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Recreational Use of Cannabis: Good or Bad?

Postby Solace » Jul 8th, '14, 04:07

It's great
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Rafael » Jul 8th, '14, 04:52

True Wiz wrote:would rather smoke a joint than get blind drunk.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Mr Evil » Jul 9th, '14, 01:17

I don't smoke it myself but I would much rather be in a room with someone smoking a joint than a cigarette.
Alcohol and tobacco cause far more damage to society than cannabis has done or ever will.
S/O to Bizarre for wearing a WonderBra

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Horse wrote:Evil for 2015 vet
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Supershade » Jul 9th, '14, 01:42

Alcohol is more destructive yet it's legal..
Cause I can’t explain to y’all how dang exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance my dang self but on eggshells I was made to walk but thank you, ma, ‘cause that gave me the strength to cause Shady-mania
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheVipBro » Jul 9th, '14, 01:43

whenever i get into this argument with someone, i always say that it's only ilegal cuz of the effect, if tabacco would have this effect than it wouldn't be legal but fuck it, tabacco is worse.
I hate how my mom think's everything that's ilegal is bad, she probably would rather see me smoke tabacco or drink than smoking a joint tbh
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Jul 9th, '14, 04:48

im high so fuck you
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby StanBase » Jul 9th, '14, 07:15

Everytime you smoke a fridge suffers.
Rollefsen wrote:this guy is THE Spongebob.

Menzo wrote:one of my lowkey favourite 'newcomers' atm.

cement wrote:youre that real nikka
StanBase
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fleka » Jul 9th, '14, 07:29

I see no problem in this.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby MistaVijilantee » Jul 9th, '14, 15:21

I have no issue with marijuana - recreational or medicinal - if I did I'd be a hypocrite haha.
I do however have an issue with people that do it everyday and do nothing with their life, contributing nothing to society and being complete deadshits.
This leads to all those who smoke weed being stereotyped in this way, leading to people being judgemental cunts and hindering legalization.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NextEpisode » Jul 9th, '14, 18:39

ganjakush56 wrote:I've heard of a lot of different views from both sides of this conversation, touching on a variety of components such as decriminalization, the legality, health effects, moral and/or societal implications, etc. I'm curious as what the general consensus of this forum is on this topic.

Decriminalize? Yes. (1) I don't believe that we should legislate rules that dictate non-coercive behavior, (2) By making marijuana legal, "we" destroy the black market. We destroy the oligopoly-type-illegal-industry that makes suppliers rich while endangering the buyers/consumers both by (i) the risk of supplier-consumer conflict, and (ii) legal risks...

Health effects? Not particularly relevant, imo. I think everyone should be allowed to make their own decisions in life as to what risks they want to take with their own life. There is an infinite amount things in life that involves increased risk of getting killed... You don't have to pass the street... No, if people are concerned with the health effects of X, they should be allowed to try to persuade other people of their view. This could involve science and research. Positive stuff, yo.

Moral and/or societal implications? Opposing non-coercive attributes/behavior of human life is just ridiculous to me... Who are we to judge how other people should live and lead their lives? People should be able to shape their own future as they see fit. What is important however, and I can't stress this enough, is the issue coercion. That is the one issue you and I should be concerned with, in regards to how other people should live and lead their lives. It's sad to - repeatedly - observe how people think that their way of living is somehow better or more correct than someone else's way of living.

So, in my opinion, we should not force (e.g. constitute laws that force) people to act according to the 'morals of the majority'. E.g. we should give less of a fuck about, say, if someone smokes marijuana or not, or about someone's sexual orientation, or about someone’s religious beliefs -- you can smoke how much you want, be attracted to w/e you want, believe in w/e religion you want, as long as you do not enact coercion.

It’s an easy concept. Why do people always feel that their morals are more correct than anybody else’s? Humans are way too different for standardized laws that are based on the principle of (majority rules) morals...
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Jul 10th, '14, 01:07

NextEpisode is always contributing great posts
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyphantom91 » Jul 10th, '14, 03:17

Supershade wrote:Alcohol is more destructive yet it's legal..

I agree with you as how many people are killed due to or because of drunk driving. How many men abuse their wives or kids due to becoming drunk and the alcohol making them violent. Not to mention it can damage your liver. I learned in a psychology class that every bout of drunkeness destroys a braincell but no we cannot legalize cannabis which in my personal opinion does not do nearly as much damage. The U.S.A. and my home country The Bahamas jail way too many people for a small offense such as smoking a joint. There is no logical reason why cannabis should not be legalized after seeing the damage alcohol can do to the body yet it is legal.
[b]I float like B.I.G.'s spirit in this bitch I'm ghostly
Rush me, cause you aint gonna live to roast me/b]
shadyphantom91
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby gutawafang » Jul 10th, '14, 09:00

It's just all in your mind, what you interpret it as
I say to fight, you take it as I'mma whip someone's ass
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby MistaVijilantee » Jul 11th, '14, 12:26

bigray wrote:
MistaVijilantee wrote:I have no issue with marijuana - recreational or medicinal - if I did I'd be a hypocrite haha.
I do however have an issue with people that do it everyday and do nothing with their life, contributing nothing to society and being complete deadshits.
This leads to all those who smoke weed being stereotyped in this way, leading to people being judgemental cunts and hindering legalization.

What does that have to do with marijuana itself? I bet you that these people are going to be lazy and will do nothing with their lives with or without smoking weed, that's just a lazy person and has absolutely nothing to do with weed alone.

I didn't word it properly, I meant that they do nothing but smoke all day and nothing else, just get high.
If being stoned becomes such a distraction that it prevents you from doing other things, that's not good.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Serious Debate