The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Stop the Massacre in Gaza

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Stop the Massacre in Gaza

Postby Tash8 » Aug 22nd, '14, 21:00

Calandre, the saddest part about that. Is you know these "informers" had a gun held to their dome from both Hamas and the Israeli gov't, and regardless of who they helped, they were doomed.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Tash8 » Aug 22nd, '14, 21:04

cement wrote:what and, im just saying something. i think its stupid to go fighting there though

I don't think it's that stupid. I know many Israeli's living the US that were forced to go back to Israel to attend mandatory military service. What's the difference? I know it definitely dawns on me and upsets me sometimes that a lot of my brothers and sisters are dying and I'm not even out there trying to help.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Tash8 » Aug 22nd, '14, 21:27

Calandre wrote:
Tash8 wrote:I know many Israeli's living the US that were forced to go back to Israel to attend mandatory military service.

They are not "forced".
If they have Israeli passport, they are treated as Israeli citizens.

No they are not all forced. Some want to go fight for their country, and like I said before, there's nothing wrong with that. But It is also true that some of the Israeli's I knew were forced to leave the US to attend 2 years of military service in Israel. And the reason I say forced, is because they didn't necessarily want to but still had to do. I dont mean forced in the sense of pointing a gun and making you do something but in the sense that you have to do something you do not necessarily want to but are required to, and also in the sense that there is a conflict going on and you are forced to go defend your nation.

Tash8 wrote:Calandre, the saddest part about that. Is you know these "informers" had a gun held to their dome from both Hamas and the Israeli gov't, and regardless of who they helped, they were doomed.

I'm fully aware of that...
Re the "quotes" - I chose that headline because in the others they were "spies" or even "collaborationists". And calling somebody the latter is hardcore for me.

You seem agitated by something I said, I wasn't trying to make you aware, I was adding to the discussion. Nor was I criticizing the headline you choose. Reason I used quotes around "informers" because I understand people are using different titles for them. What's going on?
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Tash8 » Aug 22nd, '14, 21:37

Calandre wrote:
Tash8 wrote:You seem agitated by something I said, I wasn't trying to make you aware, I was adding to the discussion. Nor was I criticizing the headline you choose. Reason I used quotes around "informers" because I understand people are using different titles for them. What's going on?

Right now, I'm sleepy but definitely not agitated... lol

I thought you were criticising me for choosing the word "informers". Just explaining that I checked several sources (Al Jazeera, Reuters, CNN, El Pais) and I got with the Al Jazeera link

I wasn't criticizing you, but no worries. Thanks for posting the articles.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby NextEpisode » Aug 22nd, '14, 23:51

I think that a powerful step in the right direction - for both sides - could be to start thinking of these infected issues and problems by using first principal reasoning, rather than reasoning by analogy.

In the latter type of reasoning, which is the most common type, you think iteratively within a theme, you accept current structures and try to think of ways that you can modify certain aspects slightly in an iterative manner.

In the former type of reasoning, you try to boil down things to the most fundamental truths, and then reason up from there. This is sort of a physics-way of looking at the world.
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Serious Debate