The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Are 12 million Americans living on less than $2 a day?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Are 12 million Americans living on less than $2 a day?

Postby ganjakush56 » Sep 9th, '14, 05:26

tl;dr

and yeah, niggas are mad poor in the US, contrary to a fabricated belief that this country exhibits some fictitious standard of wealth that everyone has - in reality, very few in the US enjoy that luxury. The distinction between the 1st and 3rd worlds, between the developed and under developed countries is an illusion. In fact, national borders themselves are just as illusive for we now operate under a ubiquitous form of global governance operated by a multi faceted conglomerate of transnational banking entities. The poorest sections of metropolitan areas in the US exhibit the same gangsterism, violence, illicit/illegal activity, warlike settings, disease, low infant mortality rates, reduced access to foods and resources, militaristic type occupation, and the widespread tension found in our poorly colloquially defined "3rd World" countries. To believe otherwise is to succumb to the illusive nature of the conditioned mind in the contemporary Western world.

I only say this, because this post reminded of me of this strange sense of surprise some people have when they begin to see the true scope of what is really going on.
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

Ego: the pathology of human consciousness
ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby UofLCard » Sep 10th, '14, 19:17

And much of the poverty here is causing the violence; it's a vicious cycle. Especially during the holidays, some turn to crime.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby UofLCard » Sep 10th, '14, 20:17

Calandre wrote:
UofLCard wrote:And much of the poverty here is causing the violence; it's a vicious cycle. Especially during the holidays, some turn to crime.

Can you expand this for me?
I'm not sure if I fully understand what you mean by this... :unsure:

During Christmas time, there's pressure on people to buy flashy presents for family and friends. When somesone doesn't have the means to purchase these gifts, they, through desperation, rob stores for money and the items themselves.

And as well, it gets cold during this time, leading the less fortunate to attempt to steal food, shelter, etc to provide for them/their family.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 13th, '14, 15:26

Calandre wrote:
ganjakush56 wrote:I only say this, because this post reminded of me of this strange sense of surprise some people have when they begin to see the true scope of what is really going on.

Believe you me, I'm not naive or blind to these issues.
I don't know if you speak any Spanish at all but have a look at this video. It's pretty short and you don't really need much Spanish to figure out what's about:

That video is heartbreaking. The worst thing that is happening in Spain is that some people are swimming on money while anothers are surviving with the the retirement pay of the grandparents.

Then we are the people in the middle, but sadly many people are in extremes of the balance.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to Serious Debate