The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

So Fuck Obama

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: So Fuck Obama

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 22nd, '14, 13:59

Calandre wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:Gotta love this Calandre vs Bigray debates....

He loves me.
Just a matter of time he gives up and admits I'm always right... :coffee:

He is a man, he will never admit it. I have the same problem .

In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TranSlucEnt » Sep 22nd, '14, 19:43

Student Loans can suck both of my nuts while I nut on it's face. A couple years ago, I went to school for 6 months.. 6 MONTHS! Dropped out, and owed about 5k. Fucking crazy. This year I started fresh at a new school and took out another 3k this year ONLY cuz I needed to get some urgent shit done (car, some bills for the family, etc.)
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NextEpisode » Sep 22nd, '14, 22:16

There is no such thing as "free healthcare" or "free education" though. There is always a cost. The question is; who should bear it? This question must necessarily force us to pose questions about structures and about what system works the best.

--> The debate should, imo, be about how we - as people of a society - can set up a system that provides the highest quality (of education & healthcare etc.) to ourselves, the people of this society. These debates – unfortunately – tend to go down ideological paths, which distort people from thinking concretely about the actual problems, and what actually can be done. This is true for both left-/right-wingers.
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Sep 23rd, '14, 05:12

Calandre wrote:
Aone10 wrote:It's a joke....
It's common for right-wingers in America to label people commies when they preach about things like free education and public health care.

No worries, I really don't care what a bunch of ignorant people call me. They think they insult us by call us names but they don't even know what "Communist" means.
I know where I come from.
For me, standing for social justice is part of my DNA.
It saddens me to see that the richest country in the world cannot (or doesn't want to) provide free healthcare and education to its own people.

Why would China provide free health care?

Edit: define "richest" :coffee:
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby NextEpisode » Sep 23rd, '14, 09:54

Calandre wrote:
NextEpisode wrote:There is no such thing as "free healthcare" or "free education" though. There is always a cost. The question is; who should bear it? This question must necessarily force us to pose questions about structures and about what system works the best.

That nothing is free is something we already established few pages back.

Yet there is a continuance of using the phrase "free education" and "free healthcare"...

Calandre wrote:
NextEpisode wrote:--> The debate should, imo, be about how we - as people of a society - can set up a system that provides the highest quality (of education & healthcare etc.) to ourselves, the people of this society. These debates – unfortunately – tend to go down ideological paths, which distort people from thinking concretely about the actual problems, and what actually can be done. This is true for both left-/right-wingers.

Of course it's an ideological debate.
The way you spend your money is an ideological decision.
It's not fortunate or unfortunate. It's just the way it is.

Ideological decision? Not unfortunate?

Limiting your thought-process to a single framework may cause you to exclude potentially very valuable ingredients of the recipe that can solve a particular issue. It's like a mathematician that refuses - to even consider - using particular mathematical model because of bias, even though it may end up being the best solution. Objective analysis and engineering-type problem-solving-mentality is needed more in society. In most instances, bias is toxic, and should be minimized.

I'm saying that it is unfortunate that people tend to jump into their own little ideological boxes and try to think only within its limitations.
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Sep 24th, '14, 05:25

Some things are better left up to you paying them. Public schooling is free up through 12th grade, yet compared to other nations, as well as American private schools, they're horrendous. The middle school I attended was forced to shut down this past summer due to it getting some of the lowest test scores in the state. It wasn't that much better 10+ years ago.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby UofLCard » Sep 26th, '14, 04:04

Calandre wrote:If a government is not able to provide high quality free education for those in low income, then there is a problem.

And this has been a problem for years. but much of that has to do with the upbringing of kids, and not government officials. If a kid doesn't want to be in school, there's not a lot you can do with them.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby TheBoss123 » Sep 26th, '14, 07:00

It's not that United States government don't have the ability to do provide those things for us. It's also a lot more complicated than simply making the decision to do that. There are tons of people in our government who want to provide free health care and allocate more of the budget towards education. But theres not much you can do about that when you have people who refuse to reduce spending in our inflated defense budget among other areas. With sweeping changes that would bring, you would also have to bring in all sorts of new regulation to deal with it. You also have to convince people who don't want that sort of change that it's the right decision. Ideals are great, but theres a lot more to making them work than it being the "right thing to do."

Higher education is always going to cost something, but it does need to be cheaper. Student debt in America is stupid high.

@UoflCard

You're right, but a big problem is that some of our systems in place breed kids who don't give a fuck about school. It's not all their fault, a lot of the time they're forced to not care without even realizing it. I would argue that even though it appears a certain way, they're not really making the decision for themselves. Now there are kids who just don't care of their own volition don't get me wrong.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Sep 26th, '14, 13:22

Giving my opinion with no point sustainment, I'd would vote for Democrats in all elections. I don't know much about American politics since my ground for arguments is formed only by Michael Moore's documentaries.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Whitefox » Sep 27th, '14, 20:49

Mike_88 wrote:Yes, I'm saying it. Ya'll know me, I'm not saying shit without reason.
I'm russian, and I don't understand Obama's politic. He wants to be a Great Nation leader, but looking like an idiot.
Maybe it's just my emotions...But I hate this shit anyway.

Делать нечего что ли? :facepalm2
#encorefam
Whitefox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Sep 28th, '14, 02:50

Raul wrote:Giving my opinion with no point sustainment, I'd would vote for Democrats in all elections. I don't know much about American politics since my ground for arguments is formed only by Michael Moore's documentaries.

wot
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Minimii » Nov 7th, '14, 18:19

Everyone at all interested should read the following book:
The Obama Syndrome - Tariq Ali
great book, recommend :y:
Cause you'll never take my pride from me
It'll have to be bribed from me"
- marshall "sellout" mathers