The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Video exposes street harassment in New York

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Video exposes street harassment in New York

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 11:48

lol @ serious, this is a fuckin joke :laughing:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Guess_Who » Nov 2nd, '14, 11:56

SliK wrote:Men and women are wired so fucking differently, it's crazy.

I've struck up conversations with strangers, or made it obvious that I'm checking someone out. I mean why is a nightclub different to the street? They're both public places. You can't say men cannot speak to women. I mean, why shouldn't a approach an attractive woman, in all honesty?

She might not appreciate my advances? That's fine, tell me that and I'll go for on of the other 3.5 Billion women on planet earth.

I'm not apologizing for (or stopping) that kind of behavior. It has been reciprocated plenty of times, too.

I must admit, the advances became more welcome the more attractive I became. I also started receiving more uninvited attention from women. I'm not kidding, like sitting at lunch with my dad and these girls are leaning out the car window waving and trying to get my attention. Also while I'm at work trying to do my job, I serve hundreds of women a night and often I'll receive a comment or something. What does that tell you?

You are getting things wrong. We are not complaining about a guy who approaches nicely in the street (even though I personally wouldn't do it). One guy, invited me to a drink recently, he flirted and he was nice, I said that I have a bf and that was it. He was attractive , if I was free I would probably say yes. He didn't annoy me or I thought he was harassing me. (and obv if you meet someone in the street you are going to pay more attention to the looks, what else can you know about that person? this answer to your last question. )

We are complaining in general because of those guys who grab your ass, tell you something sexual or even chase you in the street. And yes all these things happens. And it's annoying as hell.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 11:59

Guess_Who wrote:

I've struck up conversations with strangers, or made it obvious that I'm checking someone out. I mean why is a nightclub different to the street? They're both public places. You can't say men cannot speak to women. I mean, why shouldn't a approach an attractive woman, in all honesty?

She might not appreciate my advances? That's fine, tell me that and I'll go for on of the other 3.5 Billion women on planet earth.

I'm not apologizing for (or stopping) that kind of behavior. It has been reciprocated plenty of times, too.

I must admit, the advances became more welcome the more attractive I became. I also started receiving more uninvited attention from women. I'm not kidding, like sitting at lunch with my dad and these girls are leaning out the car window waving and trying to get my attention. Also while I'm at work trying to do my job, I serve hundreds of women a night and often I'll receive a comment or something. What does that tell you?

We are complaining in general because of those guys who grab your ass, tell you something sexual or even chase you in the street. And yes all these things happens. And it's annoying as hell.

ok but how many times does this happen in this video, and if youre not refering to the video then why is it even part of the OP, or the thread in general?
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 12:10

Calandre wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote: and if youre not refering to the video then why is it even part of the OP, or the thread in general?

To illustrate a point?

what exactly is the point? thats the question, we get it some ppl are gross weirdos (gender neutral) so what?? pointLESS thread tbh :laughing:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Guess_Who » Nov 2nd, '14, 12:13

DetroitSkills wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:

ok but how many times does this happen in this video, and if youre not refering to the video then why is it even part of the OP, or the thread in general?

The video is part of this thread, we are discussing the street harassment. And if you want me to comment on the video , noone was disgusting with her , or grabed her ass or told her something sexual, but it's annoying as hell when you just go walking in the streets and lots of guys react that way, do you think she is enjoying those comments?

Me and my friends talked about this many times, I have male friends who are great looking and they can go walking to any place and noone will act that way with them, I literally avoid going to certain places alone. It is annoying.

Check 0.56 in the video with the guy chasing her. Do you think that's normal? she doesn't know that guy at all, that kind of thing scare.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 12:20

Guess_Who wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:ok but how many times does this happen in this video, and if youre not refering to the video then why is it even part of the OP, or the thread in general?

The video is part of this thread, we are discussing the street harassment. And if you want me to comment on the video , noone was disgusting with her , or grabed her ass or told her something sexual, but it's annoying as hell when you just go walking in the streets and lots of guys react that way, do you think she is enjoying those comments?

Me and my friends talked about this many times, I have male friends who are great looking and they can go walking to any place and noone will act that way with them, I literally avoid going to certain places alone. It is annoying.

Check 0.56 in the video with the guy chasing her. Do you think that's normal? she doesn't know that guy at all, that kind of thing scare.

do i think she enjoys which comments? the hellos? or the compliments? kinda confused on which ur refering to tbh.
as for the guy chasing her yup weirdo, is it normal? no is it wrong MAYBE, but its not against the law either, its not any form of assault. girls do this stuff too, a girl chased down the guy in heskys video care to explain that one? this shit happens its human nature... guys look at girls girls look at guys, there are pervert girls just like guys.. its alot more equal than you all think, you just tend to vocalize it more because u know as soon as you do that the whole feminist army will create a fuckin riot, thats the truth.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 12:25

Calandre wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:what exactly is the point? thats the question, we get it some ppl are gross weirdos (gender neutral) so what?? pointLESS thread tbh :laughing:

The point is that many women get harassed on the street on a daily basis anywhere around the world. And that shouldn't be seen as "normal".

And btw - you open countless of pointless threads and we live with them.
This one is the Serious Debate part of the forum. If you think you're not able to engage in a constructive conversation in this thread you should keep talking about squirrels in Backstage.

this isnt a serious debate however, its a feminist implying that this happens 24/7 when in reality it was a chopped up video of a 10 hour long video in NEW YORK lol, nobody said harrassment is NORMAL, i did however imply that the compliments and the hellos were normal, never once said that the freaks were normal
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Guess_Who » Nov 2nd, '14, 12:32

DetroitSkills wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:ok but how many times does this happen in this video, and if youre not refering to the video then why is it even part of the OP, or the thread in general?

do i think she enjoys which comments? the hellos? or the compliments? kinda confused on which ur refering to tbh.
as for the guy chasing her yup weirdo, is it normal? no is it wrong MAYBE, but its not against the law either, its not any form of assault. girls do this stuff too, a girl chased down the guy in heskys video care to explain that one? this shit happens its human nature... guys look at girls girls look at guys, there are pervert girls just like guys.. its alot more equal than you all think, you just tend to vocalize it more because u know as soon as you do that the whole feminist army will create a fuckin riot, thats the truth.

Damn DAMN I just saw a thousend dollars, you don't wanna talk? .....do you think it's nice go walking in the street that way? You guys personalize this, and think if you do and you are nice it won't be annoying, but you forget that before you more guys had the same idea. Maybe that woman just felt to be at her own.

I think last year or the year before I was also chased a few streets by the same guy, I actually remember commenting it here. At the end I had to tell him if he kept chasing me I would tell something to the police, because I was almost in the door of my house. What's the deal? I was nice with him at first.

And that girl is wearing just a shirt and jeans, if she was wearing a short dress with heels or another stuff it would be 1000 times worse.

It is annoying really guys. A few of girls posted in this thread, I think noone said that it's nice to walk to that way. It should be enough to get it.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 12:38

Guess_Who wrote:
Damn DAMN I just saw a thousend dollars, you don't wanna talk? .....do you think it's nice go walking in the street that way? You guys personalize this, and think if you do and you are nice it won't be annoying, but you forget that before you more guys had the same idea. Maybe that woman just felt to be at her own.

I think last year or the year before I was also chased a few streets by the same guy, I actually remember commenting it here. At the end I had to tell him if he kept chasing me I would tell something to the police, because I was almost in the door of my house. What's the deal? I was nice with him at first.

And that girl is wearing just a shirt and jeans, if she was wearing a short dress with heels or another stuff it would be 1000 times worse.

It is annoying really guys. A few of girls posted in this thread, I think noone said that it's nice to walk to that way. It should be enough to get it.

that "udw talk?" guy was indeed a fuckin goof.

can we be honest bout that hypothetical doe? a girl in heels and a dress in broad daylight in NY? what the fuck is she doin in da first place lel

and next time a dude damn near walks to ur house with u dont confront him, just straight up call the cops thats one of those scumbags i referred to many times, rapists do exist as well as killers.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 12:47

Calandre wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:this isnt a serious debate however, its a feminist implying that this happens 24/7 when in reality it was a chopped up video of a 10 hour long video in NEW YORK lol, nobody said harrassment is NORMAL, i did however imply that the compliments and the hellos were normal, never once said that the freaks were normal

DetroitSkills wrote:that "udw talk?" guy was indeed a fuckin goof.
can we be honest bout that hypothetical doe? a girl in heels and a dress in broad daylight in NY? what the fuck is she doin in da first place lel

Why is this not a serious debate? Why women in NYC shouldn't be able to wear a dress and heels and feel safe at the same time???

because as i said there ARE fuckin weirdos and she shouldnt do that because in our world shes putting herself in harms way.. its the world we live in and im afraid that no internet uproar or "serious debate" is going to be able to change a bunch of "fucked up in the head" ppl (gender neutral)
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Guess_Who » Nov 2nd, '14, 12:48

DetroitSkills wrote:
can we be honest bout that hypothetical doe? a girl in heels and a dress in broad daylight in NY? what the fuck is she doin in da first place lel.

I don't live in NY. But I wear dress and heels often, and this doesn't mean I'm searching for something. :unsure:

We'll never agree. Like I said before, neither of the girls posting here said they enjoy that kind of attention.

I would really like to see another video where she is just showing her legs. You guys don't have to stand that kind of comments in the street, so you can't understand how annoying it can be.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 12:53

True Wiz wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:I don't live in NY. But I wear dress and heels often, and this doesn't mean I'm searching for something. :unsure:

You have to carry yourself differently in high density cities. Same thing goes for Melbourne where I frequent.

The point is this. The video is blatant propaganda to rally up all the internet feminists.

2/2 both true :y:

Guess_Who wrote:We'll never agree.

and theres nothing wrong with that at all tbh :b: its what makes us human
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 2nd, '14, 18:38

^ real fucking talk
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Nov 2nd, '14, 23:52

Hage wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aX9mlipiY

here an actual guy walking NYC for 3 hours. Gets ""harassed"" just like the female. but but muh feminism

Women are stupid
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 3rd, '14, 00:03

truth
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader