The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Video exposes street harassment in New York

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Video exposes street harassment in New York

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 31st, '14, 09:07

MistaVijilantee wrote:What's the girl in the videos name, she fine. :wub:

this 2
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore #teamEllenPage
"Enough rhymes to maybe try to help get some people through tough times
But I gotta keep a few punchlines just in case cause even you unsigned
Rappers are hungry looking at me like it's lunch time"
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby mdemaz » Oct 31st, '14, 09:15

I think this girl has mental problems or got raped by her dad when she was a kid.

This is just normal street banter for New York. Somewhere else like a small town or whatever, people wouldn't even say anything to her. This is not a serious problem worldwide at all and it's not something that can be changed. It's human nature.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby DƎRDYPK » Oct 31st, '14, 09:17

mdemaz wrote:I think this girl has mental problems or got raped by her dad when she was a kid.

she has that look in her eye that says "I will kill everything & everyone with a dick" 13bh
___________ImageImageImageImageImage
___________#MegaLan #CH #ImageforVet #NNWO #FreeSticcy #ProtectSSLP #PorchMonkey4Life #JonJafari4President #Hopsin&BasedShadyGimmeYoPS4z
___________ This beat > & This mashup >, HipHopShelter, Charles Hamilton media database
Eminem wrote:Charles Hamilton/Manson & Bronson
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby Atone » Oct 31st, '14, 09:41

Lol that video exposed nothing but how stuck up a female is at times, sexual harassment? sure, maybe 3 or 4 instances in that entire video,

but have a nice day, good evening, how are you and hell beautiful? no, not harassment,

if thats harassment than damn, i've done it a billion times, when i go out in public i make it an effort to make people smile, i've walkied up to random girls and usually i say this exact thing

"in case nobody has told you today, i think you are beautiful, and i hope that i make you smile" and then i walk away, i've done it at parks, in stores, hell one day i said it to a cashier at Wal-Mart,

one day there was a girl looking at the weight loss products at wal mart, she was maybe, 17? idk, probably 190 pounds, now, last year, i decided to get myself in shape and bought some weight loss products from wal mart so i decided to0 help her a bit, she was already holding one of the bottles i used, but shye was unsure if she should choose that, or, something else, so i gave her my advice and told her which product helped me lost 30 pounds, i then walked away, but decided to go back up to her, both her mom and dad were standing there and i told her "I just thopught i'd tell you that with or without tghe weight loss you are a very beautiful girl right now and you don't even NEED to lose weight"

holy hell if thats sexual harassment than she sure didn't show any discomfort cuz she hugged me right there, and her dad even thanked me as i walked away, THAT GIRL KNEW HOW TO TAKE A COMPLIMENT, why is it that so many other females take it as a man trying to get in their pants?
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Oct 31st, '14, 10:18

I don't see this as "men" I see this as "men of colour". You say men harass, I say coloured people harass.

You paint with your brush and I'll paint with mine.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Trimss » Oct 31st, '14, 10:25

Atone wrote:Lol that video exposed nothing but how stuck up a female is at times, sexual harassment? sure, maybe 3 or 4 instances in that entire video,

but have a nice day, good evening, how are you and hell beautiful? no, not harassment,

if thats harassment than damn, i've done it a billion times, when i go out in public i make it an effort to make people smile, i've walkied up to random girls and usually i say this exact thing

"in case nobody has told you today, i think you are beautiful, and i hope that i make you smile" and then i walk away, i've done it at parks, in stores, hell one day i said it to a cashier at Wal-Mart,

one day there was a girl looking at the weight loss products at wal mart, she was maybe, 17? idk, probably 190 pounds, now, last year, i decided to get myself in shape and bought some weight loss products from wal mart so i decided to0 help her a bit, she was already holding one of the bottles i used, but shye was unsure if she should choose that, or, something else, so i gave her my advice and told her which product helped me lost 30 pounds, i then walked away, but decided to go back up to her, both her mom and dad were standing there and i told her "I just thopught i'd tell you that with or without tghe weight loss you are a very beautiful girl right now and you don't even NEED to lose weight"

holy hell if thats sexual harassment than she sure didn't show any discomfort cuz she hugged me right there, and her dad even thanked me as i walked away, THAT GIRL KNEW HOW TO TAKE A COMPLIMENT, why is it that so many other females take it as a man trying to get in their pants?

Cringe
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 31st, '14, 10:26

Atone wrote:Lol that video exposed nothing but how stuck up a female is at times, sexual harassment? sure, maybe 3 or 4 instances in that entire video,

ur fuckin right
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore #teamEllenPage
"Enough rhymes to maybe try to help get some people through tough times
But I gotta keep a few punchlines just in case cause even you unsigned
Rappers are hungry looking at me like it's lunch time"
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby slims » Oct 31st, '14, 20:19

A lot of those guys were just making kind conversation, not harassing her.
I've never even heard of this street harassment until tumblr.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EG. » Oct 31st, '14, 21:37

idk if this has been posted but:
http://www.bustle.com/articles/46801-th ... re-purpose

apparantly they edited out white men
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Oct 31st, '14, 22:14

EG. wrote:idk if this has been posted but:

I acknowledge there is a point to be made with the video in the OP, I just think it was executed piss poorly.

The low socioeconomic HOOD culture is not representative of all men in all cultures, period.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EG. » Nov 1st, '14, 00:18

SliK wrote:
EG. wrote:idk if this has been posted but:

I acknowledge there is a point to be made with the video in the OP, I just think it was executed piss poorly.

The low socioeconomic HOOD culture is not representative of all men in all cultures, period.

Yeah i agree + its been done multiple times before ^
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby tommydervan » Nov 1st, '14, 09:58

Hage wrote:Yes I sometimes talk with strangers, not everyone is a rapist you know.

If I see that someone shows signs of similar interests or whatever I'll just talk to them, they're not interested they say so. Easy as that. That's how communication works you know.

You probably aren't from new york.

People in new york don't say shit to strangers unless they are selling them something. If this was a guy, it would of been 10 hrs of silence.

It's bull shit and it should stop. The intentions of all those "have a nice days" were cheesy cat calls. Supah weak shit.
tommydervan
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Atone » Nov 1st, '14, 10:26

True Wiz wrote:
Atone wrote:"in case nobody has told you today, i think you are beautiful, and i hope that i make you smile" and then i walk away, i've done it at parks, in stores, hell one day i said it to a cashier at Wal-Mart

#kingconfidence
#tipfedora
#i'mjustaniceguy
#friendzonefam

I honestly enjoy the friendzone, less drama, less shit to worry about, i havn't dated since me and my ex broke up in 2011, at times i've attempted but backed off cuz, really relationships can fuck you up, and since i deal with Bi-polar disorder, anxiety disorder, AND manic depression, for me, the friendzone is the best way for me to go lol,
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 1st, '14, 17:58

Hesky wrote:
Calandre wrote:You should start shopping at Waitrose

ImageYeah.

In all seriousness, it didn't bother me in the slightest.

Kind of how i felt when I had my dick cupped by various women in nightclubs :wub:
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EG. » Nov 1st, '14, 18:37

Yoda wrote:
Hesky wrote:
Calandre wrote:You should start shopping at Waitrose

ImageYeah.

In all seriousness, it didn't bother me in the slightest.

Kind of how i felt when I had my dick cupped by various women in nightclubs :wub:

That's sick
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate