The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Death Penalty

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Postby Shadyluva » Nov 11th, '05, 00:45

im against death penalty
the reason im against is bcuz if u murder some1 a death penalty is not that big of a deal, u shud be able to rot in jail and pay 4 wut u did
=]
lifee is GREAT
=]
Shadyluva
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby $0 R3@L » Nov 11th, '05, 01:30

im against death penalty
the reason im against is bcuz if u murder some1 a death penalty is not that big of a deal, u shud be able to rot in jail and pay 4 wut u did

thing is they dont....they play snooker,got big tellies,internet access,pen pals....goddamn! its a hotel for them guys.
http://www.myspace.com/aronsoreal
Tony Yayo > 50 cent
yoshi wrote:even after all those years.. So Real > Jesus
$0 R3@L
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby AspirinE » Nov 11th, '05, 06:38

$0 R3@L wrote:
im against death penalty

thing is they dont....they play snooker,got big tellies,internet access,pen pals....goddamn! its a hotel for them guys.

depends which prison and wat kinda crime
there are prisons out there that are HELL
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby Curious » Nov 13th, '05, 13:29

As a Dane I probably live in one of the most liberal countries when it comes to crime punishment - life sentences are very rare, a normal sentence for murder is 12-16 years in prison with the possibility of parole after serving only half that time. Personally I think the Danish system is way to lenient on felons, sentences should be much longer especially for murder, sex crimes against children, rape, etc. - if you look at time served, economic crime is punished way harder than violence, which makes absolutely no sense to me. But I would never ever support the death penalty, it has absolutely no place in a developed society, not only because of the possibility of actually making a mistake and executing the wrong person, which has happened more than once in the US, but also because it's unethical of any state to commit murder. The death penalty is not about punishment, it's about revenge - and killing the perpetrator does not bring back the victim. Instead they should be allowed to rot in jail for the rest of their lives.
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Postby stealth » Nov 13th, '05, 14:08

kill them, if the crime fits.
stealth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AspirinE » Nov 13th, '05, 14:35

Ohh and about ppl complaining about taxes in the US

just get the fuck outta Iraq and remove BUSH from the president seat.
U do have democracy dont U? ... coz right now America is spending ur tax to kill "enemies"
AspirinE
Django
Django

yes

Postby lyriks i got » Nov 13th, '05, 16:09

It is fair. If you take a life your life should be taken. For me it depends on the how many times the person has done it and how severe the crime was. I believe everyone deserves a second chance. Thus, saying that I do not neccessarilly mean back-into-socitey chance. But if they murder more than one person then death is their only logical punishment. Why? It is obvious they were well aware of what they were doing knowing it was wrong. The only way I see the death penalty as not a reasonable punishment is , if someone was defending their life and they had no other means by neccessary.
lyriks i got
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby yoshi » Nov 13th, '05, 16:19

The only way I see the death penalty as not a reasonable punishment is , if someone was defending their life and they had no other means by neccessary.

Yeah, that's true.

But talking about second chance - maybe I believe in rehabilitation, but honestly, I don't believe that after 20 years murder would go out of jail and wouldn't back to commiting crimes. You don't have any quaranty and for me it's just waste of time. There are other problems in our world, more important than taking care of criminals and perverts.
Maybe wrote:I'm so awesome, I don't mind looking desperate.

Chet wrote:Fuck House. If I wanted to watch a sarcastic person in the medical field, I would stalk Yoshi :8)
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Previous

Return to Serious Debate