The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Should Gays Be Aloud To Marry?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Postby Curious » Jan 2nd, '06, 12:08

ASPIRINE wrote:Their free, ok , but how come they get an extra option of marriage.

Ur missing the point once againg, im not saying they dont hav the right to live and lets keep them captive, im saying they shouldnt be aloud to married, oz this is the case were tradition is bette.

They don't get an extra option, they get the same rights as everyone else.
And just saying that tradition is better is no valid point either - if you never change traditions, you'll never progress as a society or as humans.
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Curious » Jan 2nd, '06, 12:17

ASPIRINE wrote: Ohh and by the way , someone could also use these rules to be necrophiliac
or be watever kind of wierdo.

There is no solid point...

that's why you have criminal laws to regulate ideas and tendencies which might be harmful to other ppl such as e.g. paedophilia (which would also be a breach of other ppls basic human rights btw)

debating gay marriage rights is not about proof it's about basic human values such as equal opportunities for everyone - i hardly think your points are solid either, tell me e.g. where the proof is that allowing gay marriage will undermine society
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Curious » Jan 2nd, '06, 12:23

Sarah wrote:i know what you mean, everyone had their own rights to express themselves but gays just shouldn't have the right to get married

why not? if marriage is ultimately just a symbol of love in modern society there's no reason why ppl shouldn't be allowed to show that love and commitment to a person of their own sex
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Postby AspirinE » Jan 2nd, '06, 12:57

Curious wrote:
Sarah wrote:i know what you mean, everyone had their own rights to express themselves but gays just shouldn't have the right to get married

why not? if marriage is ultimately just a symbol of love in modern society there's no reason why ppl shouldn't be allowed to show that love and commitment to a person of their own sex

Its a symbol which they use to revolt, marriage was made to unite man and woman, it shouldnt become a gay symvol.

Mariage is NOT FOR FAGS its for man and woman, fags can live together but they cant steal tradition.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby Curious » Jan 2nd, '06, 16:17

ASPIRINE wrote:
Curious wrote:

Its a symbol which they use to revolt, marriage was made to unite man and woman, it shouldnt become a gay symvol.

Mariage is NOT FOR FAGS its for man and woman, fags can live together but they cant steal tradition.

so you're arguing from a religious point of view then - that marriage was instituted to unite man and woman?
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Curious » Jan 2nd, '06, 16:21

Sarah wrote:i'm just saying gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, if gays want to be together they can just be together, but they shouldn't be allowed to marry

but tell me what it is about marriage that does that you don't think gay ppl should be allowed to marry?
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Postby AspirinE » Jan 2nd, '06, 16:22

Mariage is a human tradition, not even about god. It simvolizes a man and Woman uniting.

U wanna fuck that up, ok do it denmark, but im 100% straight pride and its like 80% of the planet. Changing the tradition wont do any good. I cant stand to see a child adopted by perverted people who like to stand out and were dresses to look different.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby Curious » Jan 2nd, '06, 16:54

ASPIRINE wrote:Mariage is a human tradition, not even about god. It simvolizes a man and Woman uniting.

U wanna fuck that up, ok do it denmark, but im 100% straight pride and its like 80% of the planet. Changing the tradition wont do any good. I cant stand to see a child adopted by perverted people who like to stand out and were dresses to look different.

It doesn't simply symbolise a man and woman uniting, it symbolises love and commitment between two ppl and there's no reason why you can't change an ancient outdated tradition and extend it to embrace couples of the same sex. Marriage btw a man and a woman used to have a function in society, it used to be women and families' sole possibility of surviving, but it isn't like that anymore - conditions have changed, and when conditions change it's natural to change traditions.

I honestly don't care whether 50 or 99% of the planet are straight, what i do care about is that we learn to respect other ppl for their human worth and start to look past gender, race, sexual orientation etc. etc. Your view upon gay ppl is very categorical when you characterise all of them as perverted ppl who like to stand out and look different, but most homosexuals are not trying to stand out or look different, they dress exactly the same as heterosexual ppl, have the same jobs and the same values in life as everyone else - they just sleep with ppl of their own sex, and in my book that doesn't make them more perverse than guys who only fall for chubby girls or have a shoe fetish or something. It's their own business and doesn't make them less worth as human beings.

And since you keep returning to the adoption issue I still cannot understand why it would be better for a child to grow up in an orphanage than getting the privilege of having at least two ppl who'll love and support it unconditionally and give it the opportunities in life it might never get if not adopted.

i fell like we keep debating in circles here, there's really nothing new in any of the arguments, and there's really not much point in continuing to repeat ourselves so how about we try to find another subject to talk about? preferably something completely unrelated to homosexuality ;)
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Postby AspirinE » Jan 2nd, '06, 17:12

As i already said they can have watever likes they want in their privacy.
But as long as there are FAGS that do it for the public to stand out, i dont think it should be aloud. A man and a woman have a symbiosis with each other, coz they were made that way. A dick was made to be fitted in the vagina and not in the rectal entrace. PPL should reconsider moral values coz the level of abuse of "freedom" is going tooo far.

I see it in a completely different scale, I believe it is stuff like this will make us die out.

We are still animals, we are not supreme beings, even though the way we dress and our instruments change, we still have the same social structure as animals do, we just have addictions that animals havent yet experienced.

Now even though there are ppl who fight for gay "freedome" -__-, there is another majority who dont want to be sorounded by homosexuals. Now If we want to respect both views, we should not let them marry.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby Curious » Jan 2nd, '06, 17:46

ASPIRINE wrote:A man and a woman have a symbiosis with each other, coz they were made that way. A dick was made to be fitted in the vagina and not in the rectal entrace. PPL should reconsider moral values coz the level of abuse of "freedom" is going tooo far.

lots of heterosexual ppl have anal sex as well and it's been scientifically proven that there are sexually stimulating areas in the rectal entrance of both men and women, so ppl are just taking advantage of the options they have

Now even though there are ppl who fight for gay "freedome" -__-, there is another majority who dont want to be sorounded by homosexuals. Now If we want to respect both views, we should not let them marry.

no matter whether you let gay ppl marry or not they're still gonna be around you unless you want to intern them all on a desert island (and then you'd probably be shocked how many of them there actually are), so that's not a valid reason
and i doubt that gay marriage rights will lead to an extermination of the human race, it won't lead to an inflation in the number of gays - the gays are gay whether you let them marry or not, so there's still the same number of ppl to keep the human race going

as i said i think the subject has been exhausted for my part now, i'll just agree with you on thoroughly disagreeing with you and try to find another subject to channel my enthusiasm into - look forward to talking to you about something else later :happy:
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Previous

Return to Serious Debate