The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

should america get rid of fcc and censorship

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

should america get rid of fcc and censorship

Postby topdawgizalaw » Dec 6th, '05, 23:16

i say so, i think it is ridiculous that we have to pay extra to get some programs we want just cuz it might offend others. heres an idea, change the channel! worried about ur kids, that is what the v-chip is for!
topdawgizalaw
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Coccoa » Dec 7th, '05, 21:22

I'd say, invoke strong censorship rules and regulations. That would give us a reason to fight against censorship.

Go Tippergore!!! Parental Advisory!!! Explicit Content!!!!
Coccoa
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Bubu » Dec 8th, '05, 20:10

I don't think cds should be censored but we need it on tv cuz of the kids !! Here in Germany tv isn't censored but I see a lot of kids growing violent and using words they don't even know the meaning of !! As long as parents can't turn on a censorship on tv for their kids tv in america will be censored !! but it kinda sucks heariung all those beep tones !! here in germany we sometimes get the censored videos of eminem from the us and that sucks too but usally they aren't !!
....had a dream I was King,
I woke up still King....
Bubu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AspirinE » Dec 8th, '05, 21:54

I think censorship is very usefull, especially for the parents that dont want their 13 year old kid bumping Easy-E and see it as something exeptable.

In Russia television is 99% cuss free( it just doesnt seem acceptable )
but on the streets ppl use the dirtiest language possible which makes it seem like everyone is rude. We have to accept that Cusses have become Slang (not all of them), afterall if it is the forbidden fruit that is sweet.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby Coccoa » Dec 8th, '05, 22:47

Man speaking of fruits i am hungry.

You dont see it do u? what the fuck gave everyone and i mean everyone...a reason to fight? Lack of freedom. Yep!! And it aint thru peace, that a man gets stronger and better. It's thru war.
Coccoa
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby topdawgizalaw » Dec 9th, '05, 20:29

nowadays, all new tv's have to be made with a v-chip built inside, its the law here. that is like a parental control hcip in every tv. therefore the parent can set it to wahtever ratings they want. plus, ever heard of changing the channel?
topdawgizalaw
Soldier
Soldier

Postby topdawgizalaw » Dec 11th, '05, 17:46

ok, well if the parents dont care then the kids could just as well access it on the internet, so ur point is null and void. and by the way, u should realize that it is hard to understand sarcasm on the internet, like ur lmao not statement.
topdawgizalaw
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AspirinE » Dec 11th, '05, 17:56

There should be some kind of standart of acceptability, doesnt even matter if its 100% inforced, it would just be right to maintain a civilised society.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby Prodeo » Dec 15th, '05, 15:39

Angie wrote:
topdawgizalaw wrote:nowadays, all new tv's have to be made with a v-chip built inside, its the law here. that is like a parental control hcip in every tv. therefore the parent can set it to wahtever ratings they want. plus, ever heard of changing the channel?

lmao!!! yeah if the parents care that much they would set their V-chip lmao not bitch about it

if the parents really cared they would look themselfs if their kids aren't looking at/listening to/ playing with shit that ain't made for them...
Prodeo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby topdawgizalaw » Dec 16th, '05, 18:53

well, if they dont care, then the kids should be able to look at it
topdawgizalaw
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Serious Debate