The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Ignorance

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Ignorance

Postby AspirinE » Jan 15th, '06, 21:18

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/880.html

Note: how at the end the dude asks them to pin point iran(he has iran writen on australia) and they pinpoint australia... -_-

I mean seriously how could people be so ignorant, just saying shit about korea and iran, wen they know nutin about it.... and then US goverment makes excuses for invading a country.

After seing this, i am conviced that americans are genreally brainwashed and poorly educated...
I know sum have common sense in them, but this...**&$$$^@*^#@#^!!!!!!!

gahhhh
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby yoshi » Jan 15th, '06, 21:55

^ lmaof, they pinpointed Autralia as North Korea, France and Iran :sweating: holy shit :D :D :D

Dunno why ppl are that stupid, I mean it's quite common knowledge I think. Nowadays they talk a lot about Iraq, Iran and so on in the TV or in newspapers, so it'd be nice if ppl know where it is :unsure: Hope they know where USA is.

Know it? :p

Just playin Americans, you know I love you :happy:
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Sunni » Jan 15th, '06, 23:55

You can't say anything bad about America because of a couple people. America is a very intelligent country and the majority are well educated. And whoever made that picture is just jealous of us.
Sunni

Re: Ignorance

Postby Inzanity » Jan 16th, '06, 01:43

AspirinE wrote:http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/880.html

Note: how at the end the dude asks them to pin point iran(he has iran writen on australia) and they pinpoint australia... -_-

I mean seriously how could people be so ignorant, just saying shit about korea and iran, wen they know nutin about it.... and then US goverment makes excuses for invading a country.

After seing this, i am conviced that americans are genreally brainwashed and poorly educated...
I know sum have common sense in them, but this...**&$$$^@*^#@#^!!!!!!!

gahhhh

Asp no need to say all americans are brainwashed and poorly educated com' on now. Just because a couple people are dosen't mean that all of america is.
Inzanity
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hunneh_Buns » Jan 16th, '06, 02:05

Heyy...i'm not backwards...

Well...some americans are smart...we are just stereotyping
Hunneh_Buns
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby misa » Jan 16th, '06, 02:42

everywhere in the world there r ppl who like talkin shit abt stuff they know nothin abt it ain't just in america
misa
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AspirinE » Jan 16th, '06, 10:25

EmptyPromises wrote:
Asp no need to say all americans are brainwashed and poorly educated com' on now. Just because a couple people are dosen't mean that all of america is.

Im not saying, i all americans are dumb, its not the point i was tryna to make in this thread, I wanted to ask u guys, how do u justify it and why do americans generally dislike other countries without even knowing them.
Its just one of those threads i wanted to make to understand more about the way some of u(US citizens) feel about this.

The thing isnt really about whos smart or notl, im not a genius either (although i do know the basics of geography -_-), wat im tryna say is US people on the internet or in real life, just generally hate other countries, i know a few americans in life, and usually follow forum politics debates on some forums.

How can it be justified that US has the right to INVADE someones country without solid proof of Iraq being responsible for terrorist acts. better yet they kill civilians justifying it by pointing out the numerous suicide bombings. If it was my country that was just invaded barbarically for oil, and my family had a bomb droped on they asses, id blow ur ass up too, and take the whole world with me.

I was talking to my proffesor (he's from texas) the other day, and i asked why do u think its justifiable to attack iraq, he started telling me about how iraqs goverment is soo evil and that they need to be saved. There not really saving them, they just destroy them. I for one see no justification of bringing hatred towards another country no matter wich, and how they choose to live.

Enlighten me.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby Hocky27 » Jan 16th, '06, 12:03

Some dont even know where Aus is. The ones that do think that we ride kangaroos to school and at school learn how to wrestle crocs and say" Crikey". Then the very select few know better.

That is just sad that they thought Australia was all those places. Thats like giving and Australian a map and they would put the mark on South America or Africa.
Hocky27
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoshi » Jan 16th, '06, 14:35

I'm not saying that all Americans are stupid, cause it's obvious they aren't, but such videos make other ppl think in that way.. Generalising is bad thing, they still look at polish ppl as at thieves and habitual drunkards lmaof :sweating: On the other side we don't do much to change it.. - idiots. :p
Anyway, ignorance is quite common nowadays. Maybe because we live in such times - I mean we have Internet and so on, so it's easy to chech something in 5 sec = common knowledge ain't needed.

@ Sarah: don't worry, I still can't remember where Great Victoria Desert is :sweating: btw. Australia = koala bears :D
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Inzanity » Jan 16th, '06, 14:43

AspirinE wrote:
EmptyPromises wrote:

Im not saying, i all americans are dumb, its not the point i was tryna to make in this thread, I wanted to ask u guys, how do u justify it and why do americans generally dislike other countries without even knowing them.
Its just one of those threads i wanted to make to understand more about the way some of u(US citizens) feel about this.

The thing isnt really about whos smart or notl, im not a genius either (although i do know the basics of geography -_-), wat im tryna say is US people on the internet or in real life, just generally hate other countries, i know a few americans in life, and usually follow forum politics debates on some forums.

How can it be justified that US has the right to INVADE someones country without solid proof of Iraq being responsible for terrorist acts. better yet they kill civilians justifying it by pointing out the numerous suicide bombings. If it was my country that was just invaded barbarically for oil, and my family had a bomb droped on they asses, id blow ur ass up too, and take the whole world with me.

I was talking to my proffesor (he's from texas) the other day, and i asked why do u think its justifiable to attack iraq, he started telling me about how iraqs goverment is soo evil and that they need to be saved. There not really saving them, they just destroy them. I for one see no justification of bringing hatred towards another country no matter wich, and how they choose to live.

Enlighten me.

I agree with u there's no reason for us to be in Iraq killing innocent civilians that had nothing to do with it. I don't believe that Iraq had anything to do with the terrorist attacks on 9/11 and I don't believe that we should be over there killing people for oil. But it's not are fault it's our president's fault. And most of our troops don't wanna be there but it's not like the troops could pull out they have to follow order's. And there are alot of ignorent american's in this country and alot of people didn't want Bush in office and alot of people didn't vote for him we believe that congress tamperd with the vote's and if they did then theres nothing we can do about it. I was talking with my history teacher and me and him both believe that America is one of the most ignorent countries in the world and lets face it america has one of the worst education system's in the world as well. But it's not are fault that some americans can't pin point Iraq on a map the school system don't teach us where these countries are located they just tell us the history of other countries.
Last edited by Inzanity on Jan 16th, '06, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
Inzanity
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoshi » Jan 16th, '06, 14:53

^ You cannot blame only school system for ppl who are ignorant - teachers can't learn for you where North Korea is. Every single man has to do something on his own, you just need to have a little initiative and make yourself aware that one day it might be needed..

I hate when ppl say "it's school system's fault" - so if it's bad, try to change it. 90% of your education depends on you, on your attitude and mobilization, 10% on school system..
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Fi.J. » Jan 16th, '06, 16:15

I think that americans are too nationalist,that's why they're not informed about other countries..but they're not stupid,that's a stereotypes,cos it's like when ppl see an italian n think "mafious"..it's not
evryone's different n we all have sumthin to learn from the others..
Fi.J.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Inzanity » Jan 16th, '06, 19:45

yoshi wrote:^ You cannot blame only school system for ppl who are ignorant - teachers can't learn for you where North Korea is. Every single man has to do something on his own, you just need to have a little initiative and make yourself aware that one day it might be needed..

I hate when ppl say "it's school system's fault" - so if it's bad, try to change it. 90% of your education depends on you, on your attitude and mobilization, 10% on school system..

I wasn't blaming the whole school system. I'm just saying that most of us are taught these things when we're kids so if we don't know these things then somewhere along the way someone fucked up in the whole teaching process. And by the way America is working on making there school system better and it's not are fault or the school system's fault that we don't know that much mabey if our wonderful jackass of a president would put money in fixing americas school system and law system and not to mention all the homeless family's living on the street. Mabey if he would put money into fixing those things instead of wasting money on a war that isn't nesscary. Then just mabey america wouldn't be so bad.
Inzanity
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Inzanity » Jan 16th, '06, 19:46

misa wrote:everywhere in the world there r ppl who like talkin shit abt stuff they know nothin abt it ain't just in america

I agree I'm sure there's people in other countries that can't pin poit Iraq either
Inzanity
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoshi » Jan 16th, '06, 21:17

None of us said it's only America, cause it ain't truth. It's just one of another stereotypes, but those stereotypes aren't taken from nowhere.

And by the way America is working on making there school system better and it's not are fault or the school system's fault that we don't know that much mabey if our wonderful jackass of a president would put money in fixing americas school system and law system and not to mention all the homeless family's living on the street.

So who's responsible for it? School system - no. Your fault - no. Your president? Hell, maybe he's an idiot, maybe he's mentally ill or whatever, but why does he have to put more money on school, if you're saying that it ain't school system's fault?
I don't want to offend anyone, I'm far from offending anyone in here, I'm just saying my opinion - no matter how good or how bad is school system, it's useless if we don't want to learn anything. I know that it's important, the way teachers teach, books and whole stuff and it's always better for us if everything works well, but my teacher was in Baltimore at high school with visitation and she said that most of students were like "fuck it" - so what can school system or their teachers do? Practically nothing..
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Next

Return to Serious Debate