The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Your Theories On Evolution?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Your Theories On Evolution?

Postby Solace » Dec 7th, '11, 04:51

InsaneTRex94 wrote:i believe that life started because of a higher power, and from there evolution comes into play.

Exactly my view.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 7th, '11, 08:20

I think that's the view believers should hold.

No need to weaken the legitimacy of the idea of god in your mind by forcing yourself to ignore the large body of evidence that supports evolution.

I just want to understand the platypus, god or no god.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby MissMathers » Dec 27th, '11, 06:02

Wic Kid wrote:^Religion is the opiate of the people.

Enough said. Its invented to control people in a more easier way. People will always prefer to go by laws from above then by human laws. There's nuthin more to it, IMO. Plus, some people cant cope with death, that after they die there is...nothin. So they decide to believe in a higher power.

On topic.
I totally support Darwin's theory. I even wrote 30 pages regardin his theory (back in highscool), but I dont feel like discussin this right now, since its 2 AM here... :sweating:
*The question is not Who am I, it's Am I who I am?*
KELLZ
MissMathers
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby MissMathers » Dec 27th, '11, 06:11

Menzo wrote:I think the scientific approach of evolution and God can coincide with one another...just my thoughts. Truth is, I'm 50/50. Think of it this way, if there is an all powerful being, God, and He created everything..don't you think He'd be smart enough to make his creations adaptable to changing environments? I dunno, I believe in God and evolution. Certain arguments can influence others to be more lenient towards one or the other. All I can say is props to three pages of non-flaming religious debate shit :) I hate that fuckin crap and it brings the worst out of people.

Well said.

and also,... who is ''God'' ... take religion out of it, god could be anybody or ne thing.. other than from the bible i mean.. maybe another specie or power, .. but one thing is for sure, there is someone or somehting that is controlling us, n im not onlly talking about the government, maybe they know whos doing this is and what their reason or motives and do what they say to do.. or they know n hide it from us, so they have power n continue to control the world.. n well, i have a feeling that we r going towards a caos or the end.. i might sound confusing but, i would love to write more another time, can never say all at once :( lol
KELLZ
MissMathers
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby MissMathers » Dec 27th, '11, 06:18

MissMathers wrote:
Menzo wrote:I think the scientific approach of evolution and God can coincide with one another...just my thoughts. Truth is, I'm 50/50. Think of it this way, if there is an all powerful being, God, and He created everything..don't you think He'd be smart enough to make his creations adaptable to changing environments? I dunno, I believe in God and evolution. Certain arguments can influence others to be more lenient towards one or the other. All I can say is props to three pages of non-flaming religious debate shit :) I hate that fuckin crap and it brings the worst out of people.

Well said.

and also,... who is ''God'' ... take religion out of it, god could be anybody or ne thing.. other than from the bible i mean.. maybe another specie or power, .. but one thing is for sure, there is someone or somehting that is controlling us, n im not onlly talking about the government, they pobably know the answer to evolution n hide it from us . they know , so they have power n continue to control the world.. using it to creat an ''artifical'' world and beliefs, i might sound confusing but, i would love to write more another time, can never say all at once :( lol
KELLZ
MissMathers
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Dec 28th, '11, 11:41

I was debating with a creationist few days ago and the dude 100% thinks that there's no evidence for evolution. I gave him transitional fossils, DNA and genes, he refused to believe any of it. Instead, he copy-pasted AnswersInGenesis for his arguments haha. The dude is a fucking tool and continually proselytized during the debate. He always goes back to the "I just know, and someday you'll see Jesus loves you and until you accept him, you're going to rot in Hell" bullshit.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby B.A.D. » Dec 30th, '11, 05:50

somebody above, forgot his name wrote:Enough said. [religion] is invented to control people in a more easier way. ]

yeah, some... maybe, but just a few.

Religion is invented as a method of understanding. And people should be free to direct themselves into that which they find more pleasing, and thats that, there's no other way around it. Nobody can know whats right or wrong so they make religions to try balancing the ideas, although some bastards have to, like in everything; exaggerate shit until the point of desperation.

Miss Mathers wrote:but one thing is for sure, there is someone or somehting that is controlling us

really? how do you know? how can you be sure?.....

of course not. nobody knows.
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Eedee » Jan 4th, '12, 02:04

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
Solace wrote:
InsaneTRex94 wrote:i believe that life started because of a higher power, and from there evolution comes into play.

Exactly my view.

mine too, I believe in God, but also in science I dont understand why ppl cant accept both, religious ppl say everything was created in 7 days why are they so arrogant to think 7 of our own days, maybe 1 day for god is like 1000 mill years for us?

Because that's what one day means - 24 literal hours.

I don't believe in God, nor do I believe in science. I think that's a wrong choice of words. I put my full TRUST in science, there's nothing to believe in. The way it works, the thinking, the skepticism, the inquiry, the questions, the hard work, the meticulous doctrine of peer review... science is the best tool we have to understand the Universe, not just resort to the "God did it" argument.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby MissMathers » Jan 10th, '12, 04:06

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
Solace wrote:

Exactly my view.

mine too, I believe in God, but also in science I dont understand why ppl cant accept both, religious ppl say everything was created in 7 days why are they so arrogant to think 7 of our own days, maybe 1 day for god is like 1000 mill years for us?

p.s does time even exist?
KELLZ
MissMathers
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby UofLCard » Jan 13th, '12, 02:22

I'm an agnostic that believes in evolution. I would say I lean more towards an atheist.

From the bits I've looked on it, the beginnings of religion were created to explain where people came from, how they got here etc, and that's where Christianity and every other religion in the world came about. IMO, modern-ish day religion was a tool created to control people.

That's an interestig way to look at it. I've contemplated this in the past.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby UofLCard » Jan 13th, '12, 02:29

garageon wrote:i'm from france and i think it's quite scary you in the US have some school not teaching evolution theory but creationism, like science is shit and can't prove a thing...

The majority of schools here in the US teach science, and not creationism.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Previous

Return to Serious Debate