The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Your Theories On Evolution?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Re: Your Theories On Evolution?

Postby Elision » Jan 29th, '10, 03:34

Drunkendeath wrote:Evolution is just like sugar causing kids to be hyper.

Everyone believes it, but there is absolutely no evidence behind it.

Please... Please please please tell me that you're being sarcastic. Please.

Otherwise you have just made yourself look like the most closed-minded individual in existence. Have you not read The Selfish Gene? Have you not read The Greatest Show on Earth? Have you not taken a single biology class? There is an overwhelming amount of empirical evidence supporting the 'theory'. The only reason that natural selection is still called a 'theory' is because of the ignorant creationists who have absolutely nothing outside of a man-made word of "God" to bring to the table.

This shouldn't even be a debate against it. It's sad that these types of disagreements still exist in humanity.. It should be "Your Theories On Creationism" to be honest...
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby gutawafang » Jan 29th, '10, 03:50

Humans were created by soil from the core earth. Satan spat on our stomachs, making the belly buttons. Adam's apple is made by Adam himself. That's human. Evolution is non-existent in the Quran.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Elision » Jan 29th, '10, 03:57

gutawafang wrote:Humans were created by soil from the core earth. Satan spat on our stomachs, making the belly buttons. Adam's apple is made by Adam himself. That's human. Evolution is non-existent in the Quran.

Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby gutawafang » Jan 29th, '10, 04:32

Adam Quinn wrote:
gutawafang wrote:Humans were created by soil from the core earth. Satan spat on our stomachs, making the belly buttons. Adam's apple is made by Adam himself. That's human. Evolution is non-existent in the Quran.

:-s

You're joking, right?

Not exactly. It appears funny I know. But it's what has been said. I'm just quoting what I learned in my religion man. Not trying to be closeminded or shit like that. Even if I'm openminded, I will never agree we were fucking gorillas once. :shakehead:
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby gutawafang » Jan 29th, '10, 04:45

Adam Quinn wrote:Wow, I didn't know it said that in the Qur'an.

It did say. We're made of soil. Satans were once Angels, they chose to live to make us suffer because they're jealous of our existence.

So it will make me not believe we're once animals. Never. That's my thoughts.
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Elision » Jan 29th, '10, 04:53

gutawafang wrote:So it will make me not believe we're once animals. Never.

That is ignorant. I, as an open-minded atheist, allow my beliefs to be swayed by what evidence points towards.

You, however, have just plainly stated that no matter what, nothing can change your beliefs. Ever. So don't go around saying that you're open-minded. You don't deserve that glorification.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby gutawafang » Jan 29th, '10, 04:56

Nollie wrote:

That is ignorant. I, as an open-minded atheist, allow my beliefs to be swayed by what evidence points towards.

You, however, have just plainly stated that no matter what, nothing can change your beliefs. Ever. So don't go around saying that you're open-minded. You don't deserve that glorification.

Ok then. I'm close minded. I accept that. It don't matter. I thought I wanted to contribute, sharing my thoughts on Evolution and how it don't exist in my religion. :coffee:
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Elision » Jan 29th, '10, 05:04

gutawafang wrote:
Nollie wrote:

Ok then. I'm close minded. I accept that. It don't matter. I thought I wanted to contribute, sharing my thoughts on Evolution and how it don't exist in my religion. :coffee:

That's fine. But there's a place for religious talk. This thread is regarding Evolution and your theories on it. Not what your ancient religion has to say about it.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby gutawafang » Jan 29th, '10, 05:05

^ I aplogize then.
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby garageon » Apr 4th, '10, 23:14

i'm from france and i think it's quite scary you in the US have some school not teaching evolution theory but creationism, like science is shit and can't prove a thing...
garageon
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Shadysapathy » Apr 5th, '10, 07:40

Speaking as a Muslim, I'd say that there is enough evidence in the Quran and Hadith to say that most of evolution (including the timeline) is true. Some things may have been 'helped,' by God, but I don't think there's anything contradicting most of what scientists today accept as fact.
Shadysapathy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Apr 5th, '10, 14:25

Evolution is a stone-cold fact. As scientifically documented and accepted as the hardest of hard truths. So I don't need theories on it. It's true.

There are many sub-debates, within evolutionary science about how exactly certain key elements of gene adaption etc. Occured. But there is no debate on whether it did happen.

There's just a very distorted view on Evolution, as if it's still up for questioning. Still just 'one' idea. Mainly due to the religious bullying since its first comprehensive study by, of course, Charles Darwin. Religious and educational politics. Biased. Unwillingness and somewhat... Dislike at the idea of being close relatives of Apes - Human ego.

There's also a gigantic misconception by Joe Public that because it's phrased the theory of Evolution, it's not really a fact or it's just a string of loose ideas which has yet to be cemented. That's totally incorrect. You often here the misconceived amongst us try to use this as a point, usually saying something like "It is JUST a theory remember".

They call it the theory of Evolution as they do the theory of gravity. Because Science as a whole accepts it can be wrong and are not so arrogant as to put a final say on anything. They know that the absolute way to discover more is to push on, not stay put. So that's why they call it a theory. But it's as much of a fact as anything.

None of that has any bearing on how true it is though. That just shows how comfortable society at large are with accepting it. But make no mistake, Evolution is as true as the word truth itself.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby WakeUpShow » Jun 19th, '10, 15:31

EminemBase wrote:Evolution is a stone-cold fact. As scientifically documented and accepted as the hardest of hard truths. So I don't need theories on it. It's true.

There are many sub-debates, within evolutionary science about how exactly certain key elements of gene adaption etc. Occured. But there is no debate on whether it did happen.

There's just a very distorted view on Evolution, as if it's still up for questioning. Still just 'one' idea. Mainly due to the religious bullying since its first comprehensive study by, of course, Charles Darwin. Religious and educational politics. Biased. Unwillingness and somewhat... Dislike at the idea of being close relatives of Apes - Human ego.

There's also a gigantic misconception by Joe Public that because it's phrased the theory of Evolution, it's not really a fact or it's just a string of loose ideas which has yet to be cemented. That's totally incorrect. You often here the misconceived amongst us try to use this as a point, usually saying something like "It is JUST a theory remember".

They call it the theory of Evolution as they do the theory of gravity. Because Science as a whole accepts it can be wrong and are not so arrogant as to put a final say on anything. They know that the absolute way to discover more is to push on, not stay put. So that's why they call it a theory. But it's as much of a fact as anything.

None of that has any bearing on how true it is though. That just shows how comfortable society at large are with accepting it. But make no mistake, Evolution is as true as the word truth itself.

i always feel like you are shoving your beliefs down our throats
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Postby classthe_king » Jun 19th, '10, 17:43

I watched this video on Evolution and I completely agree with it now
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Cube23 » Jun 19th, '10, 17:51

This video explains it quite precisely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quWwPAoh7M4
Cube23
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate