The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Your Theories On Evolution?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Your Theories On Evolution?

Postby Nimbus_9 » Dec 8th, '09, 04:37

what do you believe in?

I cannot buy into the whole intelligent design because I am in part an agnostic but I believe in the beginning there was a higher power.

I believe in Darwin's theory of evolution based solely on the fact it's logical and can be proven. (sufficiently enough)

and also I would like to stray from the subject a bit, in the bible it says that the Earth was created 6000 some years ago and this is justifiably wrong, does this shake your religious opinions any along with the rest of this documents flawed truth
............................If You'd Like A Sig...I'm Your Guy...............................
Nimbus_9
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Your Theories On Evolution?

Postby voice23 » Dec 8th, '09, 04:59

read Origin Of Species by Charles Darwin.....its like 100 years old...<that is the corner stone of the proof of evolution and Darwin didnt even know a cell holds millions of molecules - he just thought it was jelly...his theory's are primitive and he even admitted everything he stood for was wrong on his death bed...now come round to the 21st century and read The Edge of Evolution by Michael Behe...it came out in like 2007 and is packed full of conflicts against 'Macro Evolution'-----Micro Evolution can be proven because its jus creatures adapting to there surroundings...not mutating into something else...Macro Evolution is Based on Blind Faith---one of Darwin's arguments was that certain birds evolved from prehistoric reptiles but that is a very confused perspective and also goes against his own veiw of 'Survival of the Fittest'.....how could a reptile evolve and mutate into a bird over millions of years and survive?...in the smack dab of its 'evolution' it would be terminated...because it would be losing its scales for protection and have undeveloped wings so it couldn't fly away...also scientists have never even got fruit flys to 'evolve' through scientific creative study...there life span is very short so they have literally been through millions of generations of flys without change......Evolution is based of strong faith ,,,and if an unthinking mother nature can guide a single cell through millions of years and change it into a eyeball that can perceive it, don't we have a big contradiction?....it like a planet with creatures that have no eyes knowing of the word dark...the word dark would have no meaning......think on these things ....im not sayin im right though I do believe in God...its all in you to find out whats true----no man can tell you...research yourself and never cease from digging for Truth
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby voice23 » Dec 8th, '09, 05:12

lol its all good bro...I actually read the books and came to these conclusions myself...no religious group ...I don't judge or think I'm right...its just what I believe ...
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » Dec 8th, '09, 05:13

To me, Pokemon portrays the idea of evolution the best.

I do not think we evolved from gorillas. I think animals evolved from aliens.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby voice23 » Dec 8th, '09, 05:15

forsure ..I'm just curious man how old are you?
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby voice23 » Dec 8th, '09, 05:28

I'm not knockin you cuz your young bro cuz I'm young as well but what drives your atheism ?...
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby voice23 » Dec 8th, '09, 05:52

I agree with most of that actually bro...and I'm big time into God..like He's all I live for really...but the funny thing is once you hit a level past the dogmas and the doctrines(though these are important)you realize something inside out...Christ is God to me ...Literally...but its like C S Lewis went under the wing of a atheist as a young man and then became one of the greatest Christian writers ever...same with Thomas Merton..he had no religious background...and those people man that judge and say your going to hell because your Buddhist or Muslim or Hindu because you were raised that way don't won't to see that they also have salvation in Christ because it scares them...God is to big and is in every man...we are all one because he dwells in us...we are his thought particles --echoes of his words ...man I really love talking about this because its my life ....so don't hesitate to ask me anything ...I'm no judge..I let other men be...but I also like to learn from other men and dig deep into where they get there convictions and intentions on what they believe... my faith in God and in His will are strong...so I wonder if the masses are strong in what the believe ...and a lot of times its not...and trust me i'm not excluding Churches of Christ lol...I'm talkin of all mankind as a whole...sorry I'll shut up now
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby voice23 » Dec 8th, '09, 06:14

I feel you bro...but what of Moral?...Since your an atheist do you simply through Moral out the window because evrything is meaningless and just happened? I am def not going to start a debate but you know being an atheist you have to kick logic on its ass and say everything was created from nothing,,,or you can pick logic up off its bruised butt and say you were created by aliens if thats your thing....the point is...we have a mind capable of making choices that are good or bad...why is that? I'm seriously curious to your answer ....there is no ego here bro...I'm all ears and basically a open book....half my friends are athiests
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby voice23 » Dec 8th, '09, 06:23

ight yo I got to go I will read your thoughts later...but dude if you read a lot check this book out some time---''New Seeds of Contemplation' by Thomas Merton---its very insightful ----all the best man--Peace!
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby voice23 » Dec 8th, '09, 06:43

you are surely on point...but if being an atheist leaves you with no logic then logically how could it be human nature to have moral?..just think about it...you don't seem like the atheists I know bro...dogg just do ya thing...you are headed in the right direction and if you believe in peace then concrete good- :) ....read that book if ya interested ....Thomas Merton was a Catholic Trappist Monk ..and also a priest...but dogg....New seeds of Contemplation is crazy....if you want to open your mind..read that book...I will say though ...it takes a lot of reflection ...and if your truly open minded you will check it out...how could it hurt?,,,,He actually talks about Religious People that judge and think they are holy and all that good stuff....Im out though cuz....I hope all the best for you man forreal...you seem well grounded...all I can say is...do ya thing man...do ya thing :y:
voice23
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jiskefet » Dec 8th, '09, 16:47

I personally am on the atheïst side of this dicussion so I only believe in the scientific side of evolution. Altough it is just a theory there is so much proof evolution is what happened. To me, it seems unlogical the earth was "created". It is just a coincidental combination of circomstances wich made life here possible, just like I believe the earth is not the only planet in space where these circomstances exist. In my opinion, science obsoleted religion in many ways.(hope this is the right word) I do respect and admire the fact people can believe in a religion with all they have though.
"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest." - Henry David Thoreau.
Jiskefet
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 9th, '09, 00:50

voice23 wrote:...his theory's are primitive and he even admitted everything he stood for was wrong on his death bed...

Sorry, thought I'd point out that that statement is questionable at best. Not really speaking on your religion or anything like that, but the truth of the matter is: that's most likely a myth propagated by Christians.

It's based on an account by Elizabeth Reid ("Lady Hope", an evangelist). She said she visited Darwin on his death bed and he recanted his theory of evolution and converted to Christianity. This account isn't supported by Darwin's children, and his daughter was present throughout his illness and stated that Lady Hope was never present, and that she didn't think that Lady Hope and Charles ever met.

Just thought I'd point that out, because I'm sure you wouldn't want to spread falsehood.

As far as the topic goes, I'd say I probably support evolution, it makes sense to me.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Arrinef » Dec 9th, '09, 01:10

we are descendants of diddy & donkey kong :y:
:worship:
Last edited by Arrinef on Dec 9th, '09, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Just Silver » Dec 9th, '09, 01:15

Darwins or something close to it
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Wic Kid » Dec 9th, '09, 02:16

^Religion is the opiate of the people.

Enough said. Its invented to control people in a more easier way. People will always prefer to go by laws from above then by human laws. There's nuthin more to it, IMO. Plus, some people cant cope with death, that after they die there is...nothin. So they decide to believe in a higher power.

On topic.
I totally support Darwin's theory. I even wrote 30 pages regardin his theory (back in highscool), but I dont feel like discussin this right now, since its 2 AM here... :sweating:

"With great power comes absolutely no responsibility."
Wic Kid
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Next

Return to Serious Debate