The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Should their be uniforms in school?

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Would you wear uniforms?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes : 23

Postby Ivy » Feb 3rd, '06, 00:49

That is true, everyone would be the same, but somehow people would still be judgemental, and all that shit...Eventually, I think things would go back to what they were without uniforms, no right away, but gradually over time, because people will find ways to get around that shit....

"My life your entertainment, you watch it while I live it. I walk they folla (ay), I talk they holla (ay), just here for your amusement. My life your entertainment. you watch it while I live it. You waitin' for me to lose it, I guess I'm just here for your amusement..." ~ T.I. feat. Usher "My Life Your Entertainment"
Ivy
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby AspirinE » Feb 3rd, '06, 00:51

I know wat u guys mean wen ur talking about comfort.

A uniform has to be thought through, and well made,

Usually only the blazer is custom made for schools, shirts and trousers can be bought.

+ I makes ur school look prestige, and the fact that a school has a uniform already makes it above average.

Wen u get to colledge, ull get all the freedome u need, and then ull feel like u deserved it. :)
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby AspirinE » Feb 3rd, '06, 01:48

Angie wrote:
AspirinE wrote:Uniform makes u look sharp and shows ur true colors..

And people dont brag about clothes in school.

I studied in a school with uniform.
I hated it wen it was hot, but then again i remember shining my shoes every nigh and doing my tie in the morning. :8)

Most of the people hate it coz they want to show off and uniform makes u equal.

And ull find urself wasting less time thinking about wat to were ( especially the girls -_- ) >>> meaning u gone have less people being late.
ha! i agree but wen u get older u get sick of them and wasnt 2 show off ur style and how u are come though with how u look ... most the times.. so yeah i think their okay for when ur small and shit but once u got ur on style i say they should let u dress urslef :giggle:

As i said most of u guys would be defensive only coz thats ur way of showing off. In my school they would give u a suspension for a nosering. U can wear ur favourite clothes after classes. By 12th grade ull get used to it...

And if ur school makes rules to wear uniforms i doubt people will be able to avoid detention for not wearing it.
AspirinE
Django
Django

Postby jessicarose_8806 » Feb 3rd, '06, 03:25

i would never wear a school uniform i would tell them wear it urself then switch schools or won't follow their stupid ass rules
jessicarose_8806
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby misa » Feb 3rd, '06, 04:51

i've always had a school unifrom i have to wear it :tounge2: they change it every like 2 or 3 years sometime it is like a nice shirt n sometimes a stupid chemise :confusion: ( like now ) that i wouldnt have even wore to bed if it was up to me :unsure: but we can wear whatever pants , shoes , jackets we like so it is not that bad n indeed it makes u more focus on ur day at skool more than what u r wearin n wat ppl think n all that crapy crap ppl think abt :confusion: n about exprecing yourself u can express ur self in lots of ways i think the most shallow one of them is by ur cloth :unsure:
misa
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fi.J. » Feb 3rd, '06, 15:36

dunno what I would choose,because I never had to wear a uniform..in Italy no students ahve a uniform,we are all used to wear what we want,whatever.I feel good with my clothes,but maybe it could be nice to wear a uniform..
Fi.J.
There's a certain mystique when I speak, that you notice that it's sorta unique,
cos you know it's me, my poetry's deep, and I'm still matic the way I flow to this beat, you can't sit still, it's like tryin to smoke crack and go to sleep, I'm strapped

PROOF RIP..
Fi.J.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby BLAHBLAHBLAH » Feb 4th, '06, 23:54

Our school is talking about getting uniforms.. and i will be super pissed off if we do. they say it will improve our school's image... but shouldn't our image be reflected by our grades and not by the way all of the students look???
BLAHBLAHBLAH
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ines » Feb 6th, '06, 12:29

yes and no, maybe it is a good thing to wear uniforms into school, because then everybody is the same dressed and is there no jealous under the people.no, because you may choose what you want.but in some school is it even not allowed to wearing piercings and earrings and so
ines
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ines » Feb 7th, '06, 12:23

i know what you mean with that
ines
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Hocky27 » Feb 7th, '06, 21:26

As Sarah said, here there are no schools where you can just wear whatever you please. Its always a uniform, which i dont mind since I have been wearing one to school for the past 11 years. I dont exactly like it all that much however i can see the benefits to it: Everyone looks like the respect their school in a uniform, saves you having to waste time picking clothes to wear, and last but not least it saves kids getting picked on.
Hocky27
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shadyluva » Feb 7th, '06, 22:04

ines wrote:but in some school is it even not allowed to wearing piercings and earrings and so

i have never heard of a skool in which ppl aren't allowed to wear earings, if i was in that type of skool, i wud get my whole ear pierced and then come 2 skool
=]
lifee is GREAT
=]
Shadyluva
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Ka0t1c » Feb 8th, '06, 06:14

i think they should have an appropriate dress code but not look like "clones" ya know?
oh yeah... and thanks for nothing too
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby $0 R3@L » Feb 11th, '06, 05:57

man we had this discussion back in the old days of primary school :8)

thing is...uniforms are there for a number of reasons:

stop kids bein singled out for wearing shit clothes etc

acts as a school logo/theme

less threatin then a bunch of hoodie kids

personally i fink u.k and other places with uniform should give kids the option to chose between uniform and own clothes.....but its not a big thing

schools about learning not a fashion statement :happy:
http://www.myspace.com/aronsoreal
Tony Yayo > 50 cent
yoshi wrote:even after all those years.. So Real > Jesus
$0 R3@L
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby yoshi » Feb 11th, '06, 18:31

I must've wear school uniform during 2001-2004 on Mondays :confusion: :confusion: We had to have white shirts and school ties - we looked like bunch of idiots, but at least we looked smart.. Sometimes I think there should be school uniforms - like in Japan, cause then there's no contests who's got better clothes and so on.. But sometimes school uniforms look so strange that I'd rather go to school in my pyjama.. :confusion:
Maybe wrote:I'm so awesome, I don't mind looking desperate.

Chet wrote:Fuck House. If I wanted to watch a sarcastic person in the medical field, I would stalk Yoshi :8)
yoshi
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Hunneh_Buns » Feb 11th, '06, 22:17

^^ Only on mondays? Thats...interesting.
Hunneh_Buns
Band Leader
Band Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Debate