The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Fellow ladies and fella Master-Debaters, discuss serious topics.

Postby Robot » Jul 12th, '10, 00:39

This has probably been answered before but I was wondering if you guys think the world will actually end in December 21, 2012 ?... They have said this many times before, but it was a complete fail, now that we have been having anonymous earthquakes from time to time, I'm starting to think it will, but we will never know will we ?, anyways what do you guys think ?
I never asked, cared, gave a fuck, or wanted opinions.
Robot
Soldier
Soldier

Re: 2012

Postby Dark Blue » Jul 12th, '10, 01:54

i don't think it's gonna happen
HATERS If you worked your dreams like you do your mouth - things would happen for you
Dark Blue
Addict
Addict

Postby BILI » Jul 12th, '10, 01:58

They find something new almost every 10 years,its not going to happen,especially not like they showed in that movie.
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mrjizzbomber » Jul 12th, '10, 04:04

The world will not end in 2012.
mrjizzbomber
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » Jul 12th, '10, 04:11

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=92118

</end thread>

nah, just kidding.

oh well, I think that something big will happen but it will be man-made. For example nuclear meltdown or weather control. I mean, technology is getting crazier. ya see, human beings, they tend to wanna prove their point.

for example, this 21 dec 2012 thingamajig was derived after certain calculations in the Quran. So basically, some so called Mulsims wanna prove that Islam is the shiznit, so they want it to be true, so they make sure it is by making it.

Well, I just know something would happen. I mean, I'm just guessing. I'm fucking sure that there would be rallies or gatherings everywhere around the world for people who believe they will die on this day.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mrjizzbomber » Jul 12th, '10, 04:28

gutawafang wrote:http://www.forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=92118

</end thread>

nah, just kidding.

oh well, I think that something big will happen but it will be man-made. For example nuclear meltdown or weather control. I mean, technology is getting crazier. ya see, human beings, they tend to wanna prove their point.

for example, this 21 dec 2012 thingamajig was derived after certain calculations in the Quran. So basically, some so called Mulsims wanna prove that Islam is the shiznit, so they want it to be true, so they make sure it is by making it.

Well, I just know something would happen. I mean, I'm just guessing. I'm fucking sure that there would be rallies or gatherings everywhere around the world for people who believe they will die on this day.

Technology is getting crazier? Well... then why would you think a nuclear meltdown would occur? The last PARTIAL nuclear meltdown in the United States (Three Mile Island) occurred 30 years ago. Before iphones, mp3s, cell phones, personal computers, flat screen television. And that accident only happened because of 7 or 8 different pieces of now super-outdated control machinery, human error (on now automated systems) and poor planning and control (for which risk mitigation techniques have been developed with loads of safe-fail and fail-safe systems in place). As a matter of fact, scientific follow-up studies showed that no member of the public was injured by the accident except for stresses caused by emotion-charged news coverage.

Actually, the ONLY single REAL serious accident with a nuclear power plant happened in Chernobyl about 25 years ago. This accident happened because of poor engineering design, operating procedures which weren't properly followed and insufficient safe-fail and fail-safe technology.

A lot has happened in the last 3 decades. Technology has improved vastly. Human error has been taking out of critical procedures, where automated machines are in place which won't fuck up. Operating regulations are tightened, and reactors have assloads of backup systems, safety systems, safe-fails and fail-safes.

On top of that, reactors are being built to avoid other dangers. Reactors being built today can have planes flown into them, and the reactor won't be damaged, for example. Basically, a once very safe technology which has only caused one major, largely avoidable disaster in the past has been brought into the modern era. I guarantee you there will never, EVER be a nuclear reactor disaster resulting from an accident (ala Three Mile Island / Chernobyl) again. Ever. Maybe if someone malicious manages to sabotage a plant, and I'm not saying countries / groups won't ever launch an A-bomb, but nuclear power is super safe.

Now weather control, thats another story. Thats some serious shit.
mrjizzbomber
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » Jul 12th, '10, 04:38

Well, technology in terms of secret advanced weaponry? I mean, maybe these people who strongly want the shit to happen on 2012 would fire cannons at Nuclear Power Stations?

I'm saying it's getting crazier because right now, the craziest invention I thought of is that we can take pictures simply by controlling your fingers. It's crazy also because you can copy and paste objects in real life into a computer in a matter of seconds.

I mean crazy as in humans are crazy because they tend to take advantage of things that they have. Hacking can also play a part in making 2012 happen. Maybe ALL ELECTRICITY will be cut off by hacking into the power system?

As for weather, there's this 4 part series of a show called "Storm". It shows how bad it is if you can actually control weather. It would freeze in Egypt and snow in India.
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mrjizzbomber » Jul 12th, '10, 05:20

You shouldn't worry about any of that. Advances in technology also work to help keep order, you know. If you are going to die, its likely going to be from cancer or heart disease. Stop worrying about runaway technology, and focus on not smoking, eating healthy, exercising and not doing drugs. Those are real killers.

The only realistic threats to civilization are large environmental changes (caused by human activity) and possibly nuclear weaponry... but even that isn't particularly imminent.
mrjizzbomber
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » Jul 12th, '10, 05:23

mrjizzbomber wrote:You shouldn't worry about any of that. Advances in technology also work to help keep order, you know. If you are going to die, its likely going to be from cancer or heart disease. Stop worrying about runaway technology, and focus on not smoking, eating healthy, exercising and not doing drugs. Those are real killers.

The only realistic threats to civilization are large environmental changes (caused by human activity) and possibly nuclear weaponry... but even that isn't particularly imminent.

I know man. The way you say it, war might strike on that day man. I mean, people who WANTS the end of the world to happen would fight with those who would prevent them.

I know about taking care of myself. But this is about the planet man. It might be gone on that day.
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mrjizzbomber » Jul 12th, '10, 05:51

The only countries / people with the capability of ending the world DON'T want the world to end. Unless the US, UK or Russia wanted to unload on the Earth, you have nothing to fear.
mrjizzbomber
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Arrinef » Jul 12th, '10, 06:16

yeah, eminem is gonna make a collab album with icp,
and only me & derdy will survive :y:

---- Image-----
Arrinef
Knight Rider
Knight Rider

Postby Robot » Jul 15th, '10, 03:59

ArrineF wrote:yeah, eminem is gonna make a collab album with icp,
and only me & derdy will survive :y:

smh
I never asked, cared, gave a fuck, or wanted opinions.
Robot
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AJS2050 » Jul 15th, '10, 21:03

No chance, always interesting to watch & read about though.
AJS2050
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Serious Debate