The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

need legit advice (for real)

For threads of little importance, general chit chat and forum games. Be aware posts do not count in this section.

Re: need legit advice (for real)

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 29th, '14, 08:35

^^ He obviously talks about alcohol. That's not a self medication problem, It would be a different debate.

And fleka you did call alcoholics dumb idiots or something like that, it's some pages ago. I disagree about addicts being weak and dumb minds.

Anyway he is right what he says sometimes is hard to debate here in Tr when the answer you get is go fuck yourself.

" Addiction is like most major diseases. Consider heart disease, the leading cause of death in the developed world. It’s partly due to genes and partly due to poor life style choices such as bad diet, lack of exercise, and smoking. The same is true for other common diseases like adult-onset diabetes. Many forms of cancers are due to a combination of genes and life style. But if your doctor said that you had diabetes or heart disease, you wouldn’t think you were bad person. You would think, “What can I do to overcome this disease?” That is how you should approach addiction.
It is quasi-handicap because there does seem to be a genetic predisposition to addiction that leads people to become addicted more easily. Researches have even have gone so far as to claim that they have identified what the alcoholism gene is. That gene is the CREB and it is linked with both
alcoholism and anxiety. When rats were bred without that gene they drank 50% more than usual, showed a higher preference rate for alcohol over water compared with normal rats, and displayed more anxiety than normal rats that decreased while they were drinking. So there is evidence that addiction can be a natural handicap a person has, at least in some cases."

I know a guy who is an alcoholic, he started drinking after his daughter died, that guy went through a lot of pain. I wouldn't call that person weak .
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 29th, '14, 09:11

And my friend is 25 years old single father of a two years old boy because his wife had a car crash (she was a passenger) and died. She was pregnant for 3 months. And he is dealing with it without alcohol.

I worked for six years with an alcoholic. It`s terrible. I can`t imagine what his family is going through. And this one is a "good" alcoholic, not violent. He just bores you to death with his stories. But you can`t rely on him, you need to take care of him like he is a child. I was doing my share of work, then check his (and done most of his, because he would fuck up even the most simple tasks.

And Guessy, that guy you know-how did he help his family with his drinking? His daughter died, so his wife, other kids, brother, sister, his parents...must deal with the loss of a loved person and with an alcoholic he became.

Please, tell me what exactly makes you drink every day? Some evil gene?
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Guess_Who » Sep 29th, '14, 09:27

Fleka wrote:

Kinda, read what I wrote between " . There is a predisposition to be an alcoholic.

Of course alcohol will fix nothing and will just make everything worse, but some people have that predisposision, like anothers have predisposition to get a heart attack.

And is not that they decice to start drinking everyday, it goes little by little. I agree with you with some things you said, but I believe we should have more empathy with people with problems, not say " you are weak and dumb", they have a problem. I agree people should have more self control, but it's something very easy to say without knowing everyone's personal situation.

I really wonder what do you think about Eminem. As he is an addict himself , and he probably started just in a recreationally way, he has daughters, he had everything...
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 29th, '14, 09:45

I said I was a bit too harsh with "dumb idiots". But I don`t agree with the the part where people have the predisposition to become alcoholics. You just don`t drink. Like I said, you control what you do and when you do-when you drink. If you let alcohol control you-you have a weakness in your mind. Sorry, but I really don`t see how else to explain it.

Two friends grow up together, they start going out together, getting drunk... One of them does that for weekend only, not every weekend. The other one slowly starts drinking every day, because it`s cool to drink because this other people do it also. He ends up as an alcoholic. At first you force yourself to drink, because you are not cool if you don`t. And after some time of forcing-you became an addict.

All of you that got wasted at least once-the day after, that hangover-no way you want to feel like that 2-3 times in a week. So what is forcing you to drink then? Your weak, gullible mind for reasons that are just stupid, like "look at this faggot, drinking a soda or tea, instead of beer, like a real man". I have seen that many times in my life.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Sep 29th, '14, 09:55

Fleka doesn't believe in genetics and addicts are the dumb idiots. Lmao.

It doesn't matter what you believe. In fact, arguing what you believe (based on what?) in the face of facts that disprove your theory is what make you ignorant and why everyone is calling you that word.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 29th, '14, 10:08

All you did in this debate was insulting. And you hold to that "dumb idiots" because you have nothing else. You are the one that twisted my words into saying that mind weakness is same as actual intelligence someone has. Let me copy you by commenting on that with LMAO.

Weakness of mind is when you can`t control your drinking, for everybody. When you let alcohol control you. People without that weakness get drunk, party like hell-but they control it. They don`t drink every day and let alcohol affect their work, studies, families, sport careers, driving... Can I be any more clear?
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Sep 29th, '14, 10:10

No, you couldn't make any clearer how uninformed you are.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 29th, '14, 10:16

People just need excuses for their mistakes. Just like video games make people kill others. Hitler must had thousands of hours on Call Of Duty.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Sep 29th, '14, 10:17

What's your excuse for being a dipshit?

just wondering
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Sep 29th, '14, 10:20

People like you. Someone has to say something to online self-ego boosters.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Sep 29th, '14, 10:24

Well keep saying it mate because you're boosting it through the roof!
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby runSA » Sep 29th, '14, 11:39

Fleka wrote:And my friend is 25 years old single father of a two years old boy because his wife had a car crash (she was a passenger) and died. She was pregnant for 3 months. And he is dealing with it without alcohol.

I worked for six years with an alcoholic. It`s terrible. I can`t imagine what his family is going through. And this one is a "good" alcoholic, not violent. He just bores you to death with his stories. But you can`t rely on him, you need to take care of him like he is a child. I was doing my share of work, then check his (and done most of his, because he would fuck up even the most simple tasks.

And Guessy, that guy you know-how did he help his family with his drinking? His daughter died, so his wife, other kids, brother, sister, his parents...must deal with the loss of a loved person and with an alcoholic he became.

Not all alcoholics are violent and yes some people have genetic traits that make them more susceptible to addiction
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Josh » Sep 29th, '14, 11:46

calm down guys its pointless
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fleka » Sep 29th, '14, 13:10

bigray wrote:You don't believe in any addiction? Caffeine is addictive and so is nicotine. What's your argument for that?

Did you even read what I said? It is easy to get addicted to something, and then it becomes a problem. But, what I am trying to say is: Since birth, you have no need for alcohol or cigarettes. I you never light a cigarette or drink one drop of liquor-nothing will happen to you. So, if you get hooked on ALCOHOL or CIGARETTES-you have a weakness. In your mind, your character, personality...
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Sep 29th, '14, 13:13

What about those who are hooked on drugs at birth? Children whose mothers have smoked/drunk/did crack/meth/heroin/etc? It happens more than you think
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Backstage