The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Question about America's politics

For threads of little importance, general chit chat and forum games. Be aware posts do not count in this section.

Question about America's politics

Postby Raul » Oct 3rd, '14, 14:51

can a Republican candidate win for president anymore? after Bush poverty administration, can American people trust a republican candidate again, or will Democrats win foverer?

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Question about America's politics

Postby Rafael » Oct 3rd, '14, 14:53

Of course they can.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Raul » Oct 3rd, '14, 15:04

Calandre wrote:
Raul wrote:can a Republican candidate win for president anymore? after Bush poverty administration, can American people trust a republican candidate again, or will Democrats win foverer?

Read the newspapers...

will do.

I made the thread only to get a quick answer and cuz I'm interested in knowing y'all's opinions on the matter. But I'll def read about it :flower:

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Rafael » Oct 3rd, '14, 15:37

I think Obama has pissed more people off than Bush did.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Raul » Oct 3rd, '14, 18:47

Aone10 wrote:Yes.... they can and they most likely will.

Obama has been a disappointment thus far tbh. Obamacare is pissing people off, people are questioning his foreign policy, and are getting fed up with his spending.

The Republican party is a huge party, not everyone in there is an idiot. There has been an increasing popularity of libertarian republicans over these last few years, with the right campaign, I can see one of them making it to the presidential elections. They are much more fiscally conservative than other Republicans and don't believe the government should get involved in people's liberties (most support same sex marriage, legalization of marijuana, gun rights, etc.)

They are pretty much libertarians disguising as Republicans, much like Ron Paul did in the past. Their main difference with the Libertarian party is their take on military. Libertarians are against having military installations in foreign countries, while the ones in the Republican party support it.

So to answer your question, yes.... there is a faction of the Republican party that has been working on "changing" the party's agenda.

thanks for taking some time to explain the situation to me, Aone :worship:

:b:

/thread

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TheBoss123 » Oct 3rd, '14, 20:10

I dont really think Obama is the biggest disappointment in all this. I think the american government in its entirety has let everyone down. Makes it kind of impossible to do anything when your policies get stripped down until they either suck or are unusable. Theres only so much you can do with a bickering congress. Theres too many personal agendas being pushed. A republican could get elected, but to say Obama is being hated more than Bush is kind of insane. Thats not a factual statement by any means.

He hasnt done an amazing job but I think with what he was given hes done a decent job. Not the best president by any means but far from being worse than Bush.

What we need is a rational forward thinking congress.
Who cares if its Republican/Democrat or some other party, what we need is a strong President and congress men/women that don't have their heads shoved firmly up their asses.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Curses » Oct 3rd, '14, 20:17

TheBoss123 wrote:I dont really think Obama is the biggest disappointment in all this. I think the american government in its entirety has let everyone down. Makes it kind of impossible to do anything when your policies get stripped down until they either suck or are unusable. Theres only so much you can do with a bickering congress. Theres too many personal agendas being pushed. A republican could get elected, but to say Obama is being hated more than Bush is kind of insane. Thats not a factual statement by any means.

He hasnt done an amazing job but I think with what he was given hes done a decent job. Not the best president by any means but far from being worse than Bush.

What we need is a rational forward thinking congress.
Who cares if its Republican/Democrat or some other party, what we need is a strong President and congress men/women that don't have their heads shoved firmly up their asses.

this is very random but could you take 5 seconds out of your time to help register me a ktt account from you're computer? I'll pass you the details to register with? please reply asap
Curses
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby classthe_king » Oct 3rd, '14, 21:43

Obama was only disappointing because the Republican Party literally did everything they could to stop him from accomplishing anything just so they could say they failed. Even if it was things they agreed with. Obamacare was a conservative idea but as soon as Obama got on board they had to be against. And now they're doing everything they can not to implement it so they can say that it doesn't work even though it doesn't work because of them. The republicans are children who care more about winning elections than improving the country. Short of Jon Huntsman right now I would never vote for a Republican but he's way too sane and down the middle to get the nomination.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby yoda you can call me » Oct 3rd, '14, 21:55

Menzo wrote:I sorta miss Dubya. The way comedians ripped him apart, watching him struggle during speeches...He was a character lol.

Lol. He didn't do America's image any good, that is for certain.

Money talks, that's all you need to know about politics. Democracy is an illusion. Fax
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby dead prez » Oct 4th, '14, 02:49

classthe_king wrote:Obama was only disappointing because the Republican Party literally did everything they could to stop him from accomplishing anything just so they could say they failed. Even if it was things they agreed with. Obamacare was a conservative idea but as soon as Obama got on board they had to be against. And now they're doing everything they can not to implement it so they can say that it doesn't work even though it doesn't work because of them. The republicans are children who care more about winning elections than improving the country. Short of Jon Huntsman right now I would never vote for a Republican but he's way too sane and down the middle to get the nomination.

Good post, not just cosigning but yeah Huntsman is probably the only logical republican, the rest of them are crackpots.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dead prez » Oct 4th, '14, 02:53

Also am I the only one that seriously dislikes ron paul and find him to be a huge crackpot with ideas that sound good on paper but are straight HORRIBLE if ever implemented.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dead prez » Oct 4th, '14, 03:05

I don't love obama and find him mostly okay, and I absolutely despise libertarians (no offense bruh) so I doubt that'll ever happen.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Oct 4th, '14, 04:17

True Wiz wrote:All I know is Tony Abott could either destroy his politcal career, or become the peoples champion after sending Australia back into Iraq. It depends on if Australia gets attacked or not.

Regardless of the outcome I think he did the right thing. Politicians can't control the future, they can only make decisions. In this case I think he made the right one.

I still hate him for a million other reasons though.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Oct 4th, '14, 04:19

dead prez wrote:Also am I the only one that seriously dislikes ron paul and find him to be a huge crackpot with ideas that sound good on paper but are straight HORRIBLE if ever implemented.

Obviously, lol. But he sticks to what he believes in no matter what and I respect that very much from a politician.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby mdemaz » Oct 4th, '14, 12:44

This type of shit wouldn't happen if Bush was president!
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Backstage