The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

All of Menzo's Posts Lately

For threads of little importance, general chit chat and forum games. Be aware posts do not count in this section.

Re: All of Menzo's Posts Lately

Postby Elision » Oct 23rd, '14, 15:13

SliK wrote:Family guy is garbage these days. I agree South Park is a lot better now but Family Guy (American Dad/Cleaveland Show) is actual horse shit.
I don't like american dad and the cleaveland show in the slightest but family guy is a notably well written show. especially their time travel episodes, what don't you like about it?
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Elision » Oct 23rd, '14, 15:33

True Wiz wrote:
Elision wrote:
SliK wrote:Family guy is garbage these days. I agree South Park is a lot better now but Family Guy (American Dad/Cleaveland Show) is actual horse shit.
I don't like american dad and the cleaveland show in the slightest but family guy is a notably well written show. especially their time travel episodes, what don't you like about it?

I just don't find punchline jokes in cartoons funny.
yeah me neither. that's why i pointed out
Elision wrote:family guy's writers are good at those jokes that creep up on you half way through the next scene and make you rewind the shit, that's always been something i appreciated
i also like how family guy takes the louie route and creates humor out of avoiding humor all together where you'd normally expect it. it's how suspense horror films work except with comedy, like they had a whole episode where stewie and brian accidentally lock themselves in a bank vault for a day and that's where the whole 30 minutes take place is just their back and fourth, which when you zoom out a little further you realize that means the entire piece was written, performed and produced by seth. it's that kind of shit that makes me like family guy y'know? i can't predict it, and i can tell the creators gave a shit.
StayWideAwake wrote:With all due respect Elision, I completely disagree with your analysis of both shows. I think the writing in Family Guy is awful. But I'm perfectly okay with agreeing to disagree because as arrogant as it might sound, I'm probably not going to change my mind lol

I've discussed this exact thing with people at length before and I feel pretty strongly about it haha. I'm trying my best not to come across as an asshole here tho
dude it's fuckin cartoons lol i don't think anyone here has an emotional investment in this discussion :laughing: i just happen to be a big adult swim fan, specifically the original lineup of shows from back when i felt like i was being cool by staying up too late to see them.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Elision » Oct 23rd, '14, 15:43

StayWideAwake wrote:
Elision wrote:
StayWideAwake wrote:With all due respect Elision, I completely disagree with your analysis of both shows. I think the writing in Family Guy is awful. But I'm perfectly okay with agreeing to disagree because as arrogant as it might sound, I'm probably not going to change my mind lol

I've discussed this exact thing with people at length before and I feel pretty strongly about it haha. I'm trying my best not to come across as an asshole here tho
dude it's fuckin cartoons lol i don't think anyone here has an emotional investment in this discussion :laughing: i just happen to be a big adult swim fan, specifically the original lineup of shows from back when i felt like i was being cool by staying up too late to see them.

Lmao I know I just didn't know if it was one of your favorite shows or something and it seemed like I was just shitting on it. I've had conversations with people who are very sensitive about their Family Guy love lol.
haha for sure that's how i get about scrubs and louie. don't shit on those shows around me :'( also reno 911 and the office have a special place in my heart, and i'm a die hard lost fan but that's more of an elongated movie. what about you?
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mr.DGAF » Oct 23rd, '14, 20:37

American Dad is pretty good tho.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby DƎRDYPK » Oct 23rd, '14, 21:15

Elision wrote:shit ass adult swim shows like home movies

NO! NO MAN! NO! I DON'T THINK SO!
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby Elision » Oct 23rd, '14, 21:55

Menzo wrote:
Mr.DGAF wrote:

American Dad is pretty good tho.

I've said before, American Dad to Family Guy is what Futurama was to Simpsons. Both have surpassed their predecessors.
never before have i disagreed more with a post here. i have no tolerance for american dad, from intro to credits it's just constant loud flashy fast-paced adhd-ridden action with obnoxious silly voices and no time to just breathe. that's something that's big for me in a show is equaling the amount of dialogue/sound with pauses/silence, that's a major factor in making the dialogue feel realer to me. if i can sense that the dialogue's been over-rehearsed and the voices don't sound natural i just can't watch the shit. these are things that both american dad and futurama excel in avoiding (although I do appreciate futurama's writing, they get pretty fuckin deep some times). but i can only listen to bender or the alien dude yell about shit for so long before i yell back at my screen to shut the fuck up and i watch something else.

edit: it may also be worth nothing that i don't actually 'watch' tv. i just enjoy the ambience of it, i mean i'll occasionally focus in for a couple minutes but i'm not sitting there watching every scene back to back. i just have all of my favorite shows downloaded and playing on one big shuffled playlist in my living room all day
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TheBoss123 » Oct 23rd, '14, 22:52

I don't understand the appeal in King Of the Hill. I know plenty of people enjoy it, so it's probably just me and other likeminded people, but I find it sooooooo boring. Like sleep inducing boring.

Family Guy is still funny, I don't think it's too stupid for anyone to not get a giggle out of. They do still have some subtle social commentary.

I think its pretty silly that all those shows praised South Park for that episode when every single of of those shows can be just as ridiculous. South Park is awesome and I love that episode, but I always found the animosity towards Family Guy strange.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Oct 23rd, '14, 23:18

I completely disagree with Elision, it's a superficial show that relies on easy jokes. It is very poorly written, not sure wtf Elision is talking about. It's like he's talking about early Sinpsons or something but Family Guy just doesn't compare. There is nothing good about it.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Elision » Oct 24th, '14, 00:11

TheBoss123 wrote:I don't understand the appeal in King Of the Hill.
it was the first of its kind.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby mdemaz » Oct 24th, '14, 00:39

>family guy
>funny
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Oct 24th, '14, 01:03

mdemaz wrote:>family guy
>funny

ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

Postby mdemaz » Oct 24th, '14, 10:20

Yeah, the only other program like it is Beavis and Butt-head...

BECAUSE IT'S CREATED BY THE SAME GUY!
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Elision » Oct 24th, '14, 17:14

well i really enjoy family guy, especially the recent seasons. but then again i also really enjoy box-shaped cars and strange music so what the fuck do i know
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 24th, '14, 19:38

Menzo wrote:King of the Hill is pretty hilarious for me, I have a kick analyzing how fucking PLAIN and stereotypically 'Murrican Hank Hill is. The way he reacts to shit his son does, or anyone, that isn't as plain as wood is hilarious.

King of the Hill is probably my favorite cartoon.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Elision » Oct 24th, '14, 19:49

yall watch bob's burgers? that's a favorite of mine too