The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

TRShady vs. The Hip-Hop Shelter

For threads of little importance, general chit chat and forum games. Be aware posts do not count in this section.

TR or The Shelter?

TR
56%
The Shelter
44%

Total votes : 32

Re: TRShady vs. The Hip-Hop Shelter

Postby kmarma99 » Nov 29th, '14, 17:29

I think one of the reasons of users' moving on is that here Eminem's forum. On the one hand it is good that here only Em's fans, but on the other hand it is bad that here only Em's fans and many good and native users of the forum leaving....... it's sad :(
Sorry for my english.
kmarma99
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Kill You » Nov 29th, '14, 17:31

King Lance wrote:
Aone10 wrote:There are currently 35 users on TRshady and 22 on the Shelter.

All this has done so far is send all of the members active in backstage to the new forum, while everyone else has pretty much stayed here.....

there are currently 40 users online on shelter and less than 30 on Tr :8)

So? Could have been almost 70 on TR if those 40 had just stayed where they were at lol.

So pointless. It's pretty much TR vs. Butthurt TR members. Like you're all from this site lol one of the most illogoical things TR members have done was make a separate site for themselves as if the shit won't fall apart lol. :facepalm2
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby SajN » Nov 29th, '14, 17:33

Kill You wrote:So? Could have been almost 70 on TR if those 40 had just stayed where they were at lol.

So pointless. It's pretty much TR vs. Butthurt TR members. Like you're all from this site lol one of the most illogoical things TR members have done was make a separate site for themselves as if the shit won't fall apart lol. :facepalm2

You can stay here when this forum closes forever, while the rest of us start our new lives in HHS.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby kmarma99 » Nov 29th, '14, 17:46

Oh c'mon SajN, I even don't believe that it will happen.
Sorry for my english.
kmarma99
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SajN » Nov 29th, '14, 17:51

kmarma99 wrote:Oh c'mon SajN, I even don't believe that it will happen.

Why?
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby kmarma99 » Nov 29th, '14, 18:06

First because 25 years in back and why y'all suddenly decided that it happens now. Second because voting shows that most of people like TR, and those who voted for HHP just more like HHP's design and just want smth new. I guess most of leavers come back whenever.
Sorry for my english.
kmarma99
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SajN » Nov 29th, '14, 18:48

kmarma99 wrote:First because 25 years in back and why y'all suddenly decided that it happens now. Second because voting shows that most of people like TR, and those who voted for HHP just more like HHP's design and just want smth new. I guess most of leavers come back whenever.

What do you mean with 25 years in back?

I understand your point, but you're pretty new here, and it's not like we «suddenly» decided to do this. It was actually gonna happen back in May but because of different reasons I stopped the new project, and then Notalius took over. Many members have tried to get us to make a new forum.

Believe me when I say that for at least four years the members have complained about this forum, its features, the owner not being active, and other things. Yeah, right now the forum is fine, but it's always like that. One day it's fine and everybody loves TR, the next day everyone is complaining that it has outdated features, you can't embed video, the layout/banner is boring or should change to reflect the new album, the search system doesn't work properly like it used to, you don't get nofitications when someone mentions/quotes you... I could keep going on, but you surely get my point.

The thing is... the new forum has all these things plus an active site owner.

And as I've already said before... this forum is gonna shut down some day soon. That's what the owner wants. He wanted me to create a new forum, and then he wanted to shut this one down and make it read-only, and link every member to the new forum. Now I am not gonna take the credit for the new forum obviously, because I didn't make it, but I am a part of it and even TRshady, the owner, agrees that it's time to switch. He always had the plan to do it, but he actually expected to do it some years earlier. He didn't think TRshady would last for almost 10 years.

I tried and tried to make TRshady sell the site to me (even others tried to do it) and at one point it was about to happen, but it didn't because he just couldn't give his baby to someone else, even though this baby's father is always gone.

So a new forum seems to be the 2nd choice.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Notalius » Nov 29th, '14, 19:00

kmarma99 wrote:First because 25 years in back and why y'all suddenly decided that it happens now. Second because voting shows that most of people like TR, and those who voted for HHP just more like HHP's design and just want smth new. I guess most of leavers come back whenever.

TR isn't 25 years old lol

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 29th, '14, 19:03

voting is inaccurate too bud, i voted tr back when shelter sucked, theyve since upgraded a ton n id change my shit in a heartbeat, i also know 4 ppl who would change it to.. lol
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 30th, '14, 00:03

Both sites seem pretty dead the atm. Could just be a weekend thing doe
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby HeySamantha » Nov 30th, '14, 01:08

SajN wrote:

What do you mean with 25 years in back?

I understand your point, but you're pretty new here, and it's not like we «suddenly» decided to do this. It was actually gonna happen back in May but because of different reasons I stopped the new project, and then Notalius took over. Many members have tried to get us to make a new forum.

Believe me when I say that for at least four years the members have complained about this forum, its features, the owner not being active, and other things. Yeah, right now the forum is fine, but it's always like that. One day it's fine and everybody loves TR, the next day everyone is complaining that it has outdated features, you can't embed video, the layout/banner is boring or should change to reflect the new album, the search system doesn't work properly like it used to, you don't get nofitications when someone mentions/quotes you... I could keep going on, but you surely get my point.

The thing is... the new forum has all these things plus an active site owner.

And as I've already said before... this forum is gonna shut down some day soon. That's what the owner wants. He wanted me to create a new forum, and then he wanted to shut this one down and make it read-only, and link every member to the new forum. Now I am not gonna take the credit for the new forum obviously, because I didn't make it, but I am a part of it and even TRshady, the owner, agrees that it's time to switch. He always had the plan to do it, but he actually expected to do it some years earlier. He didn't think TRshady would last for almost 10 years.

I tried and tried to make TRshady sell the site to me (even others tried to do it) and at one point it was about to happen, but it didn't because he just couldn't give his baby to someone else, even though this baby's father is always gone.

So a new forum seems to be the 2nd choice.

I wish I could click a "like" button on this comment.. but that feature is only available on HHS :flutter:
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 30th, '14, 01:12

Yoda wrote:Both sites seem pretty dead the atm. Could just be a weekend thing doe

I sense a disturbance in the force
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 30th, '14, 02:05

Blogs McGooch wrote:
Yoda wrote:Both sites seem pretty dead the atm. Could just be a weekend thing doe

Sensed it right you have my little padawan
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 30th, '14, 02:06

Yoda wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:

Sensed it right you have my little padawan

Catch up with me on HipHopShelter bro. This place is crumbling as we speak
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby runSA » Nov 30th, '14, 02:43

I think its safe to say that HHS won this despite the poll saying otherwise
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Backstage