The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem to join Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg at Coachella 4/20

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Eminem to join Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg at Coachella 4/20

Postby Amaranthine » Apr 16th, '12, 14:21

:worship:

Jesus. I think I say this every time INAD is performed, but I am absolutely in love with the way Em performs it. The whispery, soft delivery and then the explosion at "you came to me when I was at my lowest". :wub: And, uh...why didn't Dre do his verse? He was there, why the hell not?

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE BEAT ON FORGOT ABOUT DRE? It doesn't bother me that Em can't do the chorus, the fucking song was like 12 years ago, and his voice is waaay deeper now. It was super obvious, but oh well. He actually did a good job keeping up with it, you could hear him under the recorded chorus. He murdered that verse. I love how animated he was, he kinda acted it out. The beat still sucks, though.

Em's intro into Till I Collapse was sick. "You motherfuckers TIRED?" Hell, the whole performance of TIC was sick. :worship:
You should read this.
I break my back to give you my art, you steal my thoughts
It's like driving a spike through my heart

Geno wrote:I don't wanna have a kid with Zabe tbh.
Amaranthine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Kill You » Apr 16th, '12, 14:24

His new whispering thing is cool tbh
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby cheeseburger » Apr 16th, '12, 14:42

He HAS to do the chorus in this song. It doesnt matter that his voice has changed pitchwise, we know this. And that alone should be reason enough for him to actually do it today! Lipsyncing is only okay if the lyrics doesnt carry much weight. Usually a hook is just there to get the listener hooked...
HOWEVER in Forgot About Dre the hook carries much more weight since its fast and should be performed EVERYTIME.

Hope this post makes sense.. -.-

I agree with the whispering in the begining of INAD. Sounds awsome when he bursts out later at the part Amaranthine said. :worship:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NextEpisode » Apr 16th, '12, 14:46

Forget about Dre, one of my fav Em collabs ever. The acapella chorus being a highlight. As a live song especially. Of course...... Not with playback. But hey, fans seem to like it... Sad thing is, back in late 08/early 09, he would've nailed it, before his voice was beyond repair. Then again, fans love Em screaming with a shot voice...
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby momentsgolden » Apr 16th, '12, 14:52

Wow, i'm genuinly speechless right now... the energy of that Perfomance, 2 pac, Eminem, The recipe.... wow.

Kendrick Lamar was right... i honestly dont know how you could possibly top such an amazing night!
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Berry » Apr 16th, '12, 15:21

NextEpisode wrote:Forget about Dre, one of my fav Em collabs ever. The acapella chorus being a highlight. As a live song especially. Of course...... Not with playback. But hey, fans seem to like it... Sad thing is, back in late 08/early 09, he would've nailed it, before his voice was beyond repair. Then again, fans love Em screaming with a shot voice...

Wow, Why're you so upset?

Em brought the much needed energy to the concert. I also imagine that if he didn't skip all over the stage he would pace himself to spit the verse near perfectly.

Snoop is so precise with his delivery live, it's very impressive. Plus, Dre was fantastic considering just how long he's been away.
Berry
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Almostlity » Apr 16th, '12, 15:25

Geno wrote:You guys are picking apart a Forgot About Dre performance in 2012? I'm just glad they did the song.

Em could easily do the chorus. He was trying his hard to be louder than the backing track but it was too damn loud. Not to mention the backing track has that higher pitched voice so it's nearly impossible. The chorus and verse sound nearly the same and he killed the verse, so I'm not sure where this assumption that "he can't do the chorus" comes from.

Anyway... it was awesome to see. Oh and the beat was normal during Em's verse.

Chorus & Verse sounded nowhere near the same lmao

Funny how the playback wasn't on during verses but when the chorus started you could clearly tell the difference
Trimss wrote:> Alm goat
> Alm still goat

> Alm goat

Kill You wrote:Almostlity GOAT poster omg
Almostlity
DA GAWD
DA GAWD

Postby dshady89 » Apr 16th, '12, 16:08

Almostlity wrote:
Geno wrote:You guys are picking apart a Forgot About Dre performance in 2012? I'm just glad they did the song.

Em could easily do the chorus. He was trying his hard to be louder than the backing track but it was too damn loud. Not to mention the backing track has that higher pitched voice so it's nearly impossible. The chorus and verse sound nearly the same and he killed the verse, so I'm not sure where this assumption that "he can't do the chorus" comes from.

Anyway... it was awesome to see. Oh and the beat was normal during Em's verse.

Chorus & Verse sounded nowhere near the same lmao

Funny how the playback wasn't on during verses but when the chorus started you could clearly tell the difference

That's usually how it works in live performances
dshady89
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby ScottMurray » Apr 16th, '12, 16:26

'but nothing comes out when Em moves his lips'
ScottMurray
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby NextEpisode » Apr 16th, '12, 16:32

Berry wrote:
NextEpisode wrote:Forget about Dre, one of my fav Em collabs ever. The acapella chorus being a highlight. As a live song especially. Of course...... Not with playback. But hey, fans seem to like it... Sad thing is, back in late 08/early 09, he would've nailed it, before his voice was beyond repair. Then again, fans love Em screaming with a shot voice...

Wow, Why're you so *dissapointed*?

Em brought the much needed energy to the concert. I also imagine that if he didn't skip all over the stage he would pace himself to spit the verse near perfectly.

Snoop is so precise with his delivery live, it's very impressive. Plus, Dre was fantastic considering just how long he's been away.

Fixed. And yes... I mean, come'on, why would anyone want to playback an acapella?! The whole purpose of an acapella is to eliminate the beat/everything, and just leave the voice of the artist.

And yes, I agree Em would probably have a better delivery if he "didn't skip all over the stage" and flex those arms around. But hey, you can't get wrong with those moves :flutter:

It's one thing that fans adore everything Em does, but I suspect the people around Em doesn't dare to give him (the sometime much needed) constructive critisism, and just applaud everything he does, and thus he's going down a negative spiral.
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby LK5 » Apr 16th, '12, 16:42

Doesn't he always lip sync choruses? Or the playback sounds much louder when him. For example take a look at SXSW performance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3dy7h3xrbc, Em's bridge sounds exactly the same as the original and when he spits his verse his voice sounds completely different.
LK5
Soldier
Soldier

Postby xxgunnerxx » Apr 16th, '12, 16:45

Damn Epic performance!!!

Can we expect a Blu-ray sometime in the future?
xxgunnerxx
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Erowid » Apr 16th, '12, 17:01

NextEpisode wrote:
Berry wrote:

Wow, Why're you so *dissapointed*?

Fixed. And yes... I mean, come'on, why would anyone want to playback an acapella?! The whole purpose of an acapella is to eliminate the beat/everything, and just leave the voice of the artist.

And yes, I agree Em would probably have a better delivery if he "didn't skip all over the stage" and flex those arms around. But hey, you can't get wrong with those moves :flutter:

It's one thing that fans adore everything Em does, but I suspect the people around Em doesn't dare to give him (the sometime much needed) constructive critisism, and just applaud everything he does, and thus he's going down a negative spiral.

That and you have to remember that "the people around him" are purportedly his friends or people he has a mutual respect with. I don't know if it's all that much a blatant "we're on his payroll and he's a superstar, so we have to kiss his ass" type thing, it's probably more just that they don't want to upset or antagonize someone they respect. And maybe he just doesn't care or doesn't want to know how his performances are, so he doesn't ask for critique, so he doesn't get any. Regardless of whether it's "Eminem", giving someone, especially someone you have reason to respect, unsolicited negative feedback tends to be pretty awkward.

Not to mention, THEY see him all the time... whereas WE see him only when he does things like this. It is very tempting, for someone who doesn't actually know him, to think of him as this dorky, stage-skipping, "duck-walking" buffoon, and shake our heads, but for the people who actually know him, that kind of thing is probably greatly overshadowed by things we don't see.

People are loyal and forgiving to their friends and colleagues. I don't think they're necessarily flunkies. JS.
Erowid
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Cupid Stunt » Apr 16th, '12, 17:17

Am I the only one who really loved Eminem's voice on Forgot About Dre? He still got it, just a deeper voice. I wish he still rapped like this, Dre killed it too, we missed you Dre. :)

They could've done Bitch Please, I heard Dre and Snoop will be there again? Maybe Eminem will join, but I don't think he will.
Cupid Stunt
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SG. » Apr 16th, '12, 17:31

Does anybody have a rip of the whole thing?
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem