The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem to join Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg at Coachella 4/20

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Eminem to join Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg at Coachella 4/20

Postby Squiggles123 » Apr 27th, '12, 06:39

Well, if you listen closely in the last bit, he did try to sing along.
His voice was clear, maybe he's afraid to fuck it up. He knows people heard him saying it 3 times with no back-up voice back in the days, he doesn't wanna try because he knows he can't and even if he could it wouldn't be as impressive.

It's not even that hard to do though, thats what I don't get? Is it the pace that he's afraid of? Because I can rap that part easy and he can rap much much faster then that as we've seen of recent. What is he afraid of?
Squiggles123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby _Hawk_ » Apr 27th, '12, 18:48

He just can't do it anymore. On albums he records the verses in sections (or even re-does the verse line-by-line) so obviously it will sound like he can maintain an ultra-fast flow. The last time we actually saw this was when he performed Forever in 2009 (less intuition from Mr Porter then).

He just can't stand on stage and perform calmly.
"Oh, he'll give us what we need.
It may not be what we want."
_Hawk_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Apr 27th, '12, 20:13

_Hawk_ wrote:He just can't do it anymore. On albums he records the verses in sections (or even re-does the verse line-by-line) so obviously it will sound like he can maintain an ultra-fast flow. The last time we actually saw this was when he performed Forever in 2009 (less intuition from Mr Porter then).

Are we watching the same videos? :unsure:

Squiggles123 wrote:
Well, if you listen closely in the last bit, he did try to sing along.
His voice was clear, maybe he's afraid to fuck it up. He knows people heard him saying it 3 times with no back-up voice back in the days, he doesn't wanna try because he knows he can't and even if he could it wouldn't be as impressive.

It's not even that hard to do though, thats what I don't get? Is it the pace that he's afraid of? Because I can rap that part easy and he can rap much much faster then that as we've seen of recent. What is he afraid of?

He doesn't sing the hook because his voice is not that pitched anymore, has nothing to do with rap faster.
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby _Hawk_ » Apr 27th, '12, 23:21

I'd honestly like to see him attempt to perform the chorus (he can still make his voice go high) but the amount of breaths he takes when performing even a couple of tracks live makes me doubt that he could actually sustain the chorus.

EDIT: and for the record, he's never performed it three times in a row on stage. Twice at the most, and bear in mind that he usually only performed only half of the second verse before his verse.
_Hawk_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Apr 27th, '12, 23:31

Thing about Em today is, he's out there to entertain, used to he'd be out there to straight perform

Not saying it's totally a bad thing tho :smoking:
Last edited by Mr Change on Apr 28th, '12, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby babyjane » Apr 28th, '12, 00:52

_Hawk_ wrote:He just can't do it anymore. On albums he records the verses in sections (or even re-does the verse line-by-line) so obviously it will sound like he can maintain an ultra-fast flow. The last time we actually saw this was when he performed Forever in 2009 (less intuition from Mr Porter then).

Calm? It's a show, it's Coachella. It's shouldn't be calm it should be energetic. You want calm go watch Norah Jones.
babyjane
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Squiggles123 » Apr 28th, '12, 06:03

^ Haha, very true. I'm sure he could just rap the chorus anyway, why does it have to be in his higher pitch voice....I'm not convinced that he can't spit fast live now.
Squiggles123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Squiggles123 » Apr 28th, '12, 12:19

If you read above that was my original point that its not even that fast. I just don't get the point in not doing it, I guess its a bit of a break in between verses
Squiggles123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby _Hawk_ » Apr 28th, '12, 14:13

babyjane wrote:

Calm? It's a show, it's Coachella. It's shouldn't be calm it should be energetic. You want calm go watch Norah Jones.

You've got the wrong end of the stick. He used to get the crowd pumped by standing on stage and CALMLY spurring them on, assisting in vocals, and then launching into a mesmerising performance.

Now he's replaced his vocal qualities with childish antics. It is a fucking show, but if I want to see pandemonium on stage Odd Future can get me hyped just as well and for a lot less money.

I'm not suggesting at all that the performance needs to be on a level of soothing calmness, just that his demeanour now is a lot more timidly stressful than it used to be.

And by the way, controlled calmness and crazy manicism used to go hand in hand in his old performances.
_Hawk_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eminemeatinm&m » Apr 28th, '12, 17:11

there's no more videos f the fuckinng shite!
#HatedemhomeboysfromTR
Eminemeatinm&m
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby JAGODA » Apr 28th, '12, 19:16

There's a good quality of Em's part at Coachella (weekend 2):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoD4Yt2R9xk

Damn, I like Em's performances more everyday, he makes a huge hype. :worship: :worship:
JAGODA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby trinell05 » Apr 29th, '12, 00:15

I watched 20 seconds of it and Eminem is great.
IcedSlim Shady wrote:why half of you, on this forum, are so dickhead?

"I'm a preachin', twerkin,' bible-readin' mothafucka."
I Wish That I Could Be A Holmie 4 Life.
trinell05
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Eminem