The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Do you prefer Emotional/Deep Eminem or Slim Shady Alter Ego?

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Which do you prefer Deep/Emotional/Personal Marshall vs the Slim Shady Alter Ego?

Deep/Emotional/Personal Marshall
38%
Slim Shady Alter Ego
62%

Total votes : 26

Do you prefer Emotional/Deep Eminem or Slim Shady Alter Ego?

Postby Aftermathers » Apr 23rd, '12, 13:59

For me personally the reason i listen to him is cos of his Deep material which i can relate to and connect with in the sense that his Deep Songs have helped me through a lotta struggles and no other Artists Songs like that have like his have. I also feel Substance and Message is essential but the key is i feel Eminem does this kinda Music better than anyone else as far as actually moving me, connecting with the struggles he Writes about, pain he Raps about. I feel that is his classic material Musically and his best The Eminem Show. I feel his timeless classic Songs are his Deep Songs like Rock Bottom, If I Had, The Way I Am, Say Goodbye To Hollywood, Cleaning Out My Closet, Sing For The Moment, Hailies Song, 8 Mile Road, Lose Yourself, Going Through Changes, Beautiful and so on.

But what do you prefer Deep/Emotional/Personal Marshall or the crazy, comedy, twisted humor Slim Shady Alter Ego?
My top 10 fave Eminem Songs ever

Superman
Mockingbird
8 Mile Road
Rock Bottom
Sing For The Moment
Soldier
Hailies Song
When I'm Gone
If I Had
Say Goodbye To Hollywood

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/37338387.jpg/
Aftermathers
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Do you prefer Emotional/Deep Eminem or Slim Shady Alter

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Apr 23rd, '12, 14:25

I like the deep Marshall better because its more of him coming out in his music and I can relate to some of his deep stuff. But I like the Slim Shady alter ego a lot because In his Slim Shady time he has a lot of dope lyrics and its a good change in pace from the emotional songs.
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Stanforever » Apr 23rd, '12, 14:31

I'm not voting.i like eminem's music as a whole package.

And how many times have you made this very topic before?
i'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i am not-Kurt Cobain
Stanforever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Guess_Who » Apr 23rd, '12, 14:31

I want it all. All! :toocool:
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Aftermathers » Apr 23rd, '12, 15:00

Revolutionary wrote:So you're a casual fan?

I don't give a fuck what he raps about, as long as it's dope.
Slim Shady is Eminem. If you don't like his humorous alter ego, you're not a real fan.

Nope i'm a big fan, cos his Music that his Deep has actually helped me through many tough times and struggles in my life. It has helped me get through many bad dayz and like stated i can connect with it on a personal level relate to the actual Songs. You don't get a bigger fan than someone who is actually moved by the Music.

The humorous Alter Ego type of Music just isn't my thing i could never get into Comedy Music or crazy psycho Lyrics it just isn't my type of Music but i underatand some like it simply for entertainment value.

Superman
Mockingbird
8 Mile Road
Rock Bottom
Sing For The Moment
Soldier
Hailies Song
When I'm Gone
If I Had
Say Goodbye To Hollywood

Aftermathers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aftermathers » Apr 23rd, '12, 15:04

Slim Shady is Eminem. If you don't like his humorous alter ego, you're not a real fan.

In his autobiography Book The Way I Am he actually said himself Marshall Mathers aka Eminem is the Deep side of him that is a reflection of his life experiences and Slim Shady is the crazy Alter Ego. He also said he was at the time when his Slim Shady Alter Ego got so much publicity finding it hard to understand that many people liked that crazy Alter Ego type of Music he said he was finding it hard to deal with that.

It's a very good Book.

Superman
Mockingbird
8 Mile Road
Rock Bottom
Sing For The Moment
Soldier
Hailies Song
When I'm Gone
If I Had
Say Goodbye To Hollywood

Aftermathers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Apr 23rd, '12, 15:11

Slim Shady, but I do like his emotional music as well. I used to be the other way around but as I got older I started to like the Shady alter ego more and more. Tastes just changed I guess, I'm tired of emotional music and feeling like I have to relate to everything...sometimes it's nice to not to relate to anything and just sit back and enjoy the music. I like virtually everything he's put out, even most of Encore was at least listenable...so I like all aspects of his music, not just the "wah wah, poor me" songs.

And as someone said earlier, you're a casual fan if you ONLY like his emotional material. The actual true Eminem fans like all of his music, emotional and crazy alike. His material before TES wasn't very emotional, so please don't tell me that you believe the SSLP and MMLPs are bad albums because of the lack of emotional content? Say yes and your Stan license is revoked.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Fleka » Apr 23rd, '12, 15:16

I think you have more threads than posts.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Aftermathers » Apr 23rd, '12, 15:27

Kill You wrote:Slim Shady, but I do like his emotional music as well. I used to be the other way around but as I got older I started to like the Shady alter ego more and more. Tastes just changed I guess, I'm tired of emotional music and feeling like I have to relate to everything...sometimes it's nice to not to relate to anything and just sit back and enjoy the music. I like virtually everything he's put out, even most of Encore was at least listenable...so I like all aspects of his music, not just the "wah wah, poor me" songs.

And as someone said earlier, you're a casual fan if you ONLY like his emotional material. The actual true Eminem fans like all of his music, emotional and crazy alike. His material before TES wasn't very emotional, so please don't tell me that you believe the SSLP and MMLPs are bad albums because of the lack of emotional content? Say yes and your Stan license is revoked.

I became a fan cos of the Songs Rock Bottom and If I Had from The Slim Shady LP it really was those 2 Emotional Songs the only ones from his first Album that really made me say wow i'm a fan now cos i could relate obviously to those Songs. Rock Bottom to this day is one of my fave Songs ever.

It's not just about relating i also enjoy Music with Substance even if i can't relate i just feel Substance and Emotion as far as my taste in good Music are essential.

Aside from Deep Eminem i also listen to similar Artists that make that kind of Music like 2pac. Don't listen to any Rappers that make that psycho Slim Shady type Music sonically and enjoyable wise it just isn't my taste.

Superman
Mockingbird
8 Mile Road
Rock Bottom
Sing For The Moment
Soldier
Hailies Song
When I'm Gone
If I Had
Say Goodbye To Hollywood

Aftermathers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Apr 23rd, '12, 15:36

Aftermathers wrote:
Kill You wrote:Slim Shady, but I do like his emotional music as well. I used to be the other way around but as I got older I started to like the Shady alter ego more and more. Tastes just changed I guess, I'm tired of emotional music and feeling like I have to relate to everything...sometimes it's nice to not to relate to anything and just sit back and enjoy the music. I like virtually everything he's put out, even most of Encore was at least listenable...so I like all aspects of his music, not just the "wah wah, poor me" songs.

I became a fan cos of the Songs Rock Bottom and If I Had from The Slim Shady LP it really was those 2 Emotional Songs the only ones from his first Album that really made me say wow i'm a fan now cos i could relate obviously to those Songs. Rock Bottom to this day is one of my fave Songs ever.

It's not just about relating i also enjoy Music with Substance even if i can't relate i just feel Substance and Emotion as far as my taste in good Music are essential.

Aside from Deep Eminem i also listen to similar Artists that make that kind of Music like 2pac. Don't listen to any Rappers that make that psycho Slim Shady type Music sonically and enjoyable wise it just isn't my taste.

You still didn't answer my question. Are SSLP and MMLP bad albums? They feature the Slim Shady persona very heavily. I used to be like you and really only liked Em's emotional music but that changed for me.

Substance and emotion are NOT essential. Most rap songs on the radio are actually the opposite. I don't really listen to the radio, but the radio dictates "what's hot" right now and clearly the last thing on most rapper's minds are emotional content. ESPECIALLY Eminem, who is most likely sick and tired of emotional material right now. Which is probably why his songs since Recovery have all been about bashing hoes.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Aftermathers » Apr 23rd, '12, 15:41

What i was saying is they are essential to me as far as taste just speaking for myself.

Don't care about Radio or listen to it never have. Don't let TV or Radio dictte to me whats hot. i just enjoy what i enjoy but respect the fact Eminem actually has Songs like Mockingbird, Sing For The Moment, Not Afraid Emotional Songs which were big Radio Hits.

I really relate to Recovery too the Emotion and just the Pain he spits about on tracks like NOt Afraid, Going Through Changes just appreciate heart felt Music.

Superman
Mockingbird
8 Mile Road
Rock Bottom
Sing For The Moment
Soldier
Hailies Song
When I'm Gone
If I Had
Say Goodbye To Hollywood

Aftermathers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Apr 23rd, '12, 16:41

I voted alter ego, but I'd say they are basically a tie. Only difference is there are more alter-ego tracks to choose from.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Almostlity » Apr 23rd, '12, 16:52

We already know you like Eminems ''emotional/deep shit'', no need to make 100 topics about it.

Also, i thought u were from the 'hood',soft ass trick

*kanye haaaaaaaaaaaanh
Trimss wrote:> Alm goat
> Alm still goat

> Alm goat

Kill You wrote:Almostlity GOAT poster omg
Almostlity
DA GAWD
DA GAWD

Postby Aftermathers » Apr 23rd, '12, 17:25

I dunno what hood you from but never have i heard anyone from any housing project or someone that traps or bangs listen to Music about serial killing, rape or comedy music don't know anyone that listens to them kinda Rappers in the hood

Acting like people in the hood don't enjoy listening to Music that relates like poverty, parenting, welfare, relationships etc

How is that kinda Music soft? when it reflects what we and Eminem went through things like poverty?

Superman
Mockingbird
8 Mile Road
Rock Bottom
Sing For The Moment
Soldier
Hailies Song
When I'm Gone
If I Had
Say Goodbye To Hollywood

Aftermathers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jdubem » Apr 23rd, '12, 19:58

Aftermathers wrote:

In his autobiography Book The Way I Am he actually said himself Marshall Mathers aka Eminem is the Deep side of him that is a reflection of his life experiences and Slim Shady is the crazy Alter Ego. He also said he was at the time when his Slim Shady Alter Ego got so much publicity finding it hard to understand that many people liked that crazy Alter Ego type of Music he said he was finding it hard to deal with that.

It's a very good Book.

Yeah but thats because by the time he wrote the Way I Am he grew out of that side of him (Slim Shady). Its not that he never understood it. In fact in that same book he also says that slim shady truly felt like it was a big part of him at that point in his life. Its not something that he just acted out for the sake of entertainment. He himself related to the character very well. Thats how he was able to portray it so convincingly. The I dont give a fuck attitude was pretty damn real to him at the time and with slim shady he was able to not only show it, but also explain it perfectly. Maybe not you personally, but there is a lot of people who can relate to that stuff in certain ways. Its not just craziness for the sake of craziness. Take the songs guilty conscience and brain damage for example. Both are classic shady, but they also have deep meaning behind both of them if you really look at it. Same is true for role model, my name is and others.

The slim shady character is much more serious than you give it credit for. I seriously doubt he ever truly didnt understand why people liked it because clearly there was a time when he understood it completely.
Jdubem
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Eminem