The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Berzerk vs Survival

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Berzerk vs Survival

Berzerk
73%
Survival
27%

Total votes : 78

Re: Berzerk vs Survival

Postby EminemBase » Aug 27th, '13, 18:40

Musically... Berzerk.

Lyrically/Rap-Wise... Survival.

Had a lot of fucking fun and satisfaction rapping "Surival"... still do. Shit is dope.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Raul » Aug 27th, '13, 18:56

Menzo wrote:It's a bit soon but...

Survival:

Sharp lyrics, sick flow and 'real' meaning behind the lyrics. Decent beat with a bit of a generic hook.

Berzerk:

Completely different and unique for Eminem. Smooth voice and rapping, good humour and a fucking dick hardening hook.

I pick "Berzerk" cuz it's so fucking weird.

This. Plus Eedee's analysis, which make a hell lot of sense.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Eminemeatinm&m » Aug 27th, '13, 19:01

fack ya fuckboi
#HatedemhomeboysfromTR
Eminemeatinm&m
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby EmIsKingOfHipHop » Aug 27th, '13, 20:38

i dont like the rock sound he's taking personally.
I'm still hungry as fuck, but can't even say bon appetit
Cause I don't know what to eat, fucking microphone or the beat
EmIsKingOfHipHop
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby cmozetich1 » Aug 27th, '13, 20:53

I've listened to Bezerk at least 50 times so far and I'm just not feeling it as much as every one else. It's simply average at best in my opinion. He's all over the place on this track. The lyrics are pointless and lack any true meaning. Just a stupid, filler track to me. Ass Like That is better. Big Weenie is even better Yeah, the song title is Bezerk... I get that it's basically just a wild n' out track.

It's definitely unique, probably the most unique song he's ever done. It just sounds so much different than every thing else and I'm just not into it. I was able to listen to Survival, and can still listen to it on repeat 20 times in a row. Bezerk is just meh to me. I'd rather listen to Symphony in H. There's no flow to this at all. I can't understand how every one is diggin this...... :confusion: Idk wtf I'm listening to when I play this track. Maybe my opinion will change with a few more listens but this definitely won't resonate with me like Survival.

Only positive to me is the catchy hook... and for every one saying it's the best Em has ever done... you are retarded. Our House bridge > Bezerk hook. Talk to Me (Jeezy/Gibbs) > Bezerk hook. There are so many better hooks than Bezerk :coffee:
cmozetich1
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Mr.DGAF » Aug 27th, '13, 20:57

I like both songs, but vastly prefer Berkzerk. It sounds like an album record. Basically everything we've had post Recovery has had a similar sound from Em. As in, if he were to announce he was releasing a new song we would've expected something like Survival, but never something like Berzerk.

That's not enough to give it an edge though. In my opinion, the rapping sounds a bit more fresh on Berzerk. Survival was, rapping wise, a better version of some of the Recovery verses. And that's just in terms of rapping. His flow's actually pretty damn good on this song, I have no complaints about it (similar for Survival, although I don't like the goal post/pole vault flow/scheme).

This song sounds like it was made for a new album. At the time I was content with an album full of Survival type rapping because it had shown that he had gotten better at actual rapping. This song make mee feel like he's gotten better sonically as well.

EDIT: You're nuts if you think Ass Like That is better than this. Wait, no. You're insane.

But still Ass Like That doesn't hold a candle to anything current Eminem could release.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Snakebeast » Aug 27th, '13, 21:00

Mr.DGAF wrote:I like both songs, but vastly prefer Berkzerk. It sounds like an album record. Basically everything we've had post Recovery has had a similar sound from Em. As in, if he were to announce he was releasing a new song we would've expected something like Survival, but never something like Berzerk.

That's not enough to give it an edge though. In my opinion, the rapping sounds a bit more fresh on Berzerk. Survival was, rapping wise, a better version of some of the Recovery verses. And that's just in terms of rapping. His flow's actually pretty damn good on this song, I have no complaints about it (similar for Survival, although I don't like the goal post/pole vault flow/scheme).

This song sounds like it was made for a new album. At the time I was content with an album full of Survival type rapping because it had shown that he had gotten better at actual rapping. This song make mee feel like he's gotten better sonically as well.

EDIT: You're nuts if you think Ass Like That is better than this. Wait, no. You're insane.

But still Ass Like That doesn't hold a candle to anything current Eminem could release.

Fully agree with you, bro :y: And nice reference at the end :happy:
cmozetich1 wrote:I've listened to Bezerk at least 50 times so far and I'm just not feeling it as much as every one else. It's simply average at best in my opinion. He's all over the place on this track. The lyrics are pointless and lack any true meaning. Just a stupid, filler track to me. Ass Like That is better. Big Weenie is even better Yeah, the song title is Bezerk... I get that it's basically just a wild n' out track.

It's definitely unique, probably the most unique song he's ever done. It just sounds so much different than every thing else and I'm just not into it. I was able to listen to Survival, and can still listen to it on repeat 20 times in a row. Bezerk is just meh to me. I'd rather listen to Symphony in H. There's no flow to this at all. I can't understand how every one is diggin this...... :confusion: Idk wtf I'm listening to when I play this track. Maybe my opinion will change with a few more listens but this definitely won't resonate with me like Survival.

Only positive to me is the catchy hook... and for every one saying it's the best Em has ever done... you are retarded. Our House bridge > Bezerk hook. Talk to Me (Jeezy/Gibbs) > Bezerk hook. There are so many better hooks than Bezerk :coffee:

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Phizzo Grand » Aug 28th, '13, 17:22

Voted for Bezerk. It's very catchy, has interesting wordplay and I simply adore that hook.
Phizzo Grand
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Previous

Return to Eminem