The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

So what do you want Eminem to do next???

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: So what do you want Eminem to do next???

Postby DetroitSkills » Apr 5th, '14, 22:49

cement wrote:shady records should become $hady Recordz

:laughing: :facepalm2
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Excita » Apr 5th, '14, 22:50

don't forget $tat Quo
Excita
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cement » Apr 5th, '14, 22:51

thought that was already his name lol
NIGGAGANG: takeover 2014.
GANG:
Rollef$en, €anadaPure, Blog$ Mcgoo$h, $atan, €harlotte, Never_€nough, Tru€ Wiz, €xcitaz, D€rdyPK, Th€VipBro, N-R-G, md€maz, €€D€€, $nakebeast (FULL MEMBER), HotDawg, Pudding, Aton€, Mistah €vil, Jo$himura
R.I.P. to my homeboy £I£BuffDa[OG], we done lost you on the streets but you aint forgotten hombre.
SNITCH:
Stanbase
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=170027
#FUCKJABBA
cement
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Satan » Apr 6th, '14, 03:47

*$hady's Wrecked Whores
I'm not a faggot, I enjoy vagina.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mike_88 » Apr 7th, '14, 14:30

Geno wrote:D12 album makes the most sense right now.

A true Devil's Night sequel in memory of Proof.

This.
Mike_88
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Apr 7th, '14, 16:14

Make a solo album with one sound, vision, theme and style which stays committed from start to finish.

Until he does that... he will never make what strikes as another classic.

His skill is there, his potential is there, his creativity is there... this is the only thing he has failed to do now 4 albums in a row. Relapse was the closest and probably will end up being the last Em album where he has one vision and sees it through, because now he has a fear of 'running shit in to the ground'.

That thing which he now fears is the very thing which made the first three classics.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby yoda you can call me » Apr 7th, '14, 16:34

EminemBase wrote:Make a solo album with one sound, vision, theme and style which stays committed from start to finish.

His skill is there, his potential is there, his creativity is there... this is the only thing he has failed to do now 4 albums in a row. Relapse was the closest and probably will end up being the last Em album where he has one vision and sees it through, because now he has a fear of 'running shit in to the ground'.

That thing which he now fears is the very thing which made the first three classics.

And you don't think it was deliberate that the MMLP 2 was as diverse as it was?. We're talking about a guy that is renowned for being obsessive when it comes to his music. He clearly didn't want to go down that route. why are you so stuck on this musical cohesion business?, sometimes cohesion can lead to tedium, and as diverse as the sound is on MMLP2 is, it's pretty far from being tedious.

Oh and you saying that he is in fear of going near the first 3 albums, i highly doubt it , given the fact that he actually called this album the MMLP2, knowing the fact that all his fans where gonna be highly concerned about this move. plus he had the balls to make a sequel to Stan, which we're all pretty much in agreement that he delivered the goods
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Apr 7th, '14, 17:08

TES's replayability blows due to it sounding the same
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CanadaPure » Apr 7th, '14, 17:12

DetroitSkills wrote:TES's replayability blows due to it sounding the same

I agree completely.

TES might be the least replayable album that people consider a classic. It gets incredibly underwhelming after the 1st or 2nd listen.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby IBasicallyRage » Apr 7th, '14, 18:36

Geno wrote:D12 album makes the most sense right now.

A true Devil's Night sequel in memory of Proof.
Revolutionary wrote:One of the best usernames on TR along with GoodGirlsGetGutted :b:

#Rafael #Snake #SneakerheadShady #BlogsMcGooch #Yoda #DetroitSkills #PKisMyHomie #Painus #mdemaz #NiggaGang
Keep in touch! -
Add Me On Twitter! - @D3uC3ss
Add Me On Skype! - lookinq4emz - Ethaaan
IBasicallyRage
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Apr 8th, '14, 05:16

Yoda wrote:
EminemBase wrote:Make a solo album with one sound, vision, theme and style which stays committed from start to finish.

And you don't think it was deliberate that the MMLP 2 was as diverse as it was?. We're talking about a guy that is renowned for being obsessive when it comes to his music. He clearly didn't want to go down that route. why are you so stuck on this musical cohesion business?, sometimes cohesion can lead to tedium, and as diverse as the sound is on MMLP2 is, it's pretty far from being tedious.

Oh and you saying that he is in fear of going near the first 3 albums, i highly doubt it , given the fact that he actually called this album the MMLP2, knowing the fact that all his fans where gonna be highly concerned about this move. plus he had the balls to make a sequel to Stan, which we're all pretty much in agreement that he delivered the goods

Yeah I do think it was deliberate that it's like it was - but I don't think it works.

Every song works individually... but as an album... it's a bunch of tracks which are so musically and stylistically worlds apart in places that it just doesn't gel as ONE PIECE.

And no I didn't say he has a fear of going near the first three - but a fear of running a style or sound in to the ground now due to the Relapse reaction; but failing to realize that MMLP was the epitome of running a sound and concept in to the ground which is WHY it is the masterpiece that it is.

MMLP is a consistent sound and feel, one vision: start to finish. Different styles of songs - fast, slower, storytelling, laid-back... but they all feel like one sound and vision and Em is the same character throughout... in comparison to say Em on ''Rhyme or Reason'' then Em on ''Stronger Than I Was''... which has been his problem since Recovery - the sheer contrast in character-trait and thoughts, making the vision feel random.

MMLP2 is a collection of really good songs. But if more than ever he needed to run something in to the ground... it would be a sequel to his most running-anidea-into-hell album ever. If MMLP2 has continued the intensity and fury of ''Rap God''... with ''Bad Guy'' and still songs of different rhythms (like RoR, but consistent to the concept and mindset)... phew, it could have been totally mind-blowing.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby EminemBase » Apr 8th, '14, 05:19

CanadaPure wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:TES's replayability blows due to it sounding the same

I agree completely.

TES might be the least replayable album that people consider a classic. It gets incredibly underwhelming after the 1st or 2nd listen.

Really?

I never listen to TES now but in the day - I overplayed the FUCK outta it.

I would call it very fucking replayable and perhaps his most tbh.

SSLP is genius whenever you put it back on... but it's actually quite... a fractured listen due to all the skits and the frequency of the break ups. MMLP is just mind-blowing brilliance, but I'd say TES combines the best of both with a new musical catchiness which is undeniable and makes it his best album.

But overall I'd call Relapse his most replayable album.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby CanadaPure » Apr 8th, '14, 05:22

EminemBase wrote:Really?

SSLP is genius whenever you put it back on... but it's actually quite... a fractured listen due to all the skits and the frequency of the break ups. MMLP is just mind-blowing brilliance, but I'd say TES combines the best of both with a new musical catchiness which is undeniable and makes it his best album.

Yes, I stand by this quite firmly too. TES flows well, but I don't find it catchy at all. The rapping is good, the flows on the beats are incredible, but overall everything sounds so similar that after a few listens I just can't handle it anymore.

Also, Eminem comes across as the biggest bitch on it. I just can't handle the subject matter at all.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Snakebeast » Apr 8th, '14, 05:22

I fell asleep during Square Dance. Most boring song on the entire album.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EminemBase » Apr 8th, '14, 05:32

CanadaPure wrote:
EminemBase wrote:Really?

Yes, I stand by this quite firmly too. TES flows well, but I don't find it catchy at all. The rapping is good, the flows on the beats are incredible, but overall everything sounds so similar that after a few listens I just can't handle it anymore.

Also, Eminem comes across as the biggest bitch on it. I just can't handle the subject matter at all.

Everything sounds the same?

That's weird... I mean, I think everything has a similar feel to it... which is what a classic or consistent album should do, but the songs are very distinctly different to me.

And weirdly - I'm amazed he made so many musical styles work on it.

I was partially annoyed at the eclectic nature of MMLP2 - wishing he would pick a sound for an album again and nail it as apposed to 20 different musical concepts and tryna do them all.

But when you actually look at TES, it's pretty oddly musically diverse:

1. White America - metal-rap-rock

2. Business - party-funky-rap

3. Cleaning Out My Closet - emotional-piano-driven-melodrama

4. Square Dance - fucking barn-dance mock country-rap

And on and on down to the total goofy dancey-nature of ''Without Me'' back to the stadium-rock of ''Till I Collapse''... yet all the songs work so well together and the album feels so cohesive.

I don't know how he made so many musical diversions and clashes work on TES, it's easy to forget or not really pay attention to the fact there's so much going on musically, conflicting, due to the fact the raps are so overpowering. And I'm not sure why TES works so well like that and MMLP2 doesn't to me... I think the MMLP2 contrasts are perhaps stronger or the styles too blatantly different in spots or something.

But yeah - it's weird to me that everything sounds the same there to you, even laying them out like that - he bounces around from goofy to political to self-serious to introspective with all kinds of shit going on musically.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem