The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Evolution Of Eminem / The Interview/

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

The Evolution Of Eminem / The Interview/

Postby egirl » Jan 24th, '05, 20:48

Damn,he was hot ,wasn't he... :shock: :lol:

The cheers from the fans, the props from his peers, the headlines trumpeting his name
egirl
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby egirl » Jan 24th, '05, 20:49

Sway: There's some real beef you address on the album, particularly "Like Toy Soldiers." You break down the whole saga of the war of words between your camp, Ja Rule, the Inc. Records and The Source.

Eminem: "Toy Soldiers" is about walking away from the beef. Just like, "Look, I'm done. This is the last thing I've got to say, let me get this off my chest, and from our side, we're walking away from it. You guys can keep saying what you want to say and keep attacking us. Do your thing. If that's what you feel, if you want to spend all your energy and place it into one person instead of focusing on yourself, then do that." But that's my way of saying I'm turning my back on it.

Sway: In the song, you also say that you and Dre actually sat down with 50 before you signed him and told him he didn't have to respond to Ja.

Eminem: Yeah, we did. We sat down with 50 and we asked about the beef between him and Ja and he said everything was cool from his end. One of the things Dre said that stuck in my mind: "We don't want to buy a problem." You know, we're not really looking to start no beef. We're usually not the beef-starters, despite the little stabs taken at pop singers and all that stuff. That's not real beef; that's ha-ha-ha funny.

" 'Toy Soldiers' is about walking away from the beef. Just like, 'Look, I'm done. This is the last thing I've got to say' "...
Sway: On "Like Toy Soldiers," you talk about how your crew is so tight that you picked up 50's initial beef with Ja, and 50 picked up your beef with The Source.

Eminem: I got my beef over here, 50's got his beef with Ja. All of a sudden it seemed like everyone who hates us is teaming up. So then we started inheriting each other's beef. 50 inherited mine, so now he can't be on the cover of The Source magazine 'cause I got this beef over here. He's being attacked by Ja. Ja is saying things about me, then all of a sudden comes out and says a line about my daughter
egirl
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby egirl » Jan 24th, '05, 20:51

Sway: It seems like you've gone through a serious evolution since the days of "Just Don't Give a F---" and "My Name Is." Back then it was Slim Shady, Eminem, Marshall Mathers. Now, your music sounds like the person you really are. Is this who we're seeing now? Is this who you are?

Eminem: I mean, a lot of times, people ask me, "Who is Slim Shady? Who is Eminem? Who is Marshall?" The best way that I can define it is, Slim Shady is the guy on a song like "Rain Man," which is on the new album, who is saying the most ridiculous stuff you can think of
egirl
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby EM&3M » Jan 24th, '05, 22:10

I really liked the interview. Nice read
EM&3M
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby tillZ dogg » Jan 24th, '05, 22:17

Nice Post
tillZ dogg
Officer
Officer

Postby B.A.D. » Jan 25th, '05, 03:24

Propz on this
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Showgirl » Jan 25th, '05, 18:45

that's from MTV right?
thanx anyway. :D
Showgirl
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Jesse » Jan 25th, '05, 23:56

yea..nice read :)
Jesse
Officer
Officer

Postby jojopell » Jan 26th, '05, 03:03

That interview was ok I think it could have been better.
jojopell
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby egirl » Jan 29th, '05, 21:13

Yeah,it's from the MTV website.I enjoyed that a lot.What do you mean "better"? :?:
egirl
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby em's addicted » Jan 30th, '05, 14:03

lol..aight :roll:
em's addicted
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby speedy_16 » Feb 1st, '05, 07:21

i hate politics but if i had to deal with it id rather eminem to be the politician
speedy_16
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby link shady » Feb 3rd, '05, 23:06

the interview suck it could be a lot more better i mean they asked almost the same question that everyone have known
link shady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby 3721 » Feb 7th, '05, 18:31

egirl wrote:
Eminem: If my contribution to this game is that a 40-something-year-old person walks up to me saying, "Yo, you made me like hip-hop"
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ove kr. » Feb 8th, '05, 22:49

nice read
Ove kr.
Shady Staff
Shady Staff

Next

Return to Eminem