The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem back in the studio, talks retiring; Yelawolf & SH

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Eminem back in the studio, talks retiring; Yelawolf & SH

Postby Rafael » Mar 17th, '14, 13:49

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/11 ... erview.htm

Eminem knows that he probably has more years behind him as a recording artist than he does in his future, but the 41-year-old certainly doesn't sound like he's ready to put down the pen and drop his mic, either.
In a new interview with XXL as part of the magazine's new cover story, Shady addressed his current and future plans for music, and while he sounded like a man who knows that even "Rap Gods" eventually fade away, he also came across as re-energized and hopeful for the future.

"Sure there's probably gonna be a point when people are not gonna care what I have to say," he said, "there's probably going to be a time when it's time to put the mic up." However, the "Monster" rapper also noted that he would still be in music even if he "did not have a dime to his name."
"I recently got back in the studio, back to producing myself within the last month or so," Em said, noting that he is working with Shady rap group Slaughterhouse and rapper Yelawolf. "I'm happy with both so far, everything that they're doing," he said of the artists' new material.
Eminem covers the April/May issue of XXL with Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine, marking the first time the trio graced the magazine's cover together.
The issue commemorates the rise of Beats, along with the recent launch of the Beats Music streaming service, which Eminem used to help launch the promo for his recent album, "The Marshall Mathers LP 2".
The issue, which hit stands March 11, contains features on the Beats brand, the new streaming service and interviews with Eminem and Iovine about the impact Beats has had on the music industry.

While it appears Em isn't quite done with music yet, it's likely fans won't see him on the big screen anytime soon. The rapper will not make his follow-up to "8 Mile" in Antoine Fuqua's "Southpaw," as the rapper has reportedly decided to quit the film. He will be replaced by Jake Gyllenhaal in the film's lead as a left-handed boxing champ who overcomes personal troubles to rise to the top, Deadline reports.
The rapper has announced he is taking his scary-successful hit, "The Monster," out of the cage for a mini-tour this summer with Rihanna, XXL reports.
The pop-rap duo will kick off the three-city tour this August, the "Marshall Mathers LP 2" rapper recently told the magazine.
"There are some shows coming up with Rihanna," Eminem said. "It's a three-city tour: New York, L.A. and Detroit coming in August. The Monster Tour."
Eminem recently wrapped up his "Rapture" Tour in Sydney, Australia at ANZ Stadium. The "Rap God" performed alongside Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Action Bronson, 360 and others.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Re: Eminem back in the studio, talks retiring; Yelawolf & SH

Postby Francesco » Mar 17th, '14, 14:01

Rollefsen wrote:Atleast we know he's never oveeeer

Word...That retiring thingy was one of those Paul lame & unneeded publicity stunts.

Good read.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby kasia » Mar 17th, '14, 16:55

Ok good news, I'm glad he's still in. :D

This darkness comes in me (Evil twin)
And comes again
That ain't me
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ares » Mar 17th, '14, 17:05

I recently got back in the studio, back to producing myself within the last month or so

TES2 confirmed.
Yelawolf sucks
Ares
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VINTAGƎ » Mar 17th, '14, 21:37

Ares wrote:TES2 confirmed.

That came out in 2004 :shifty:
VINTAGƎ
Soldier
Soldier

Postby slims » Mar 17th, '14, 22:05

Why is it that the minute people hear news like this people jump to conclusions about a new album? I'm going out.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Excita » Mar 17th, '14, 22:14

Melanie wrote:Why is it that the minute people hear news like this people jump to conclusions about a new album? I'm going out.

Do it.
Excita
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Mar 17th, '14, 22:44

Hope Yela and SH rap over some Em beats
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Man In The Mirror » Mar 18th, '14, 08:33

excitaz wrote:
Melanie wrote:Why is it that the minute people hear news like this people jump to conclusions about a new album? I'm going out.

Do it.

i must say, that signature is amazing! :D
Man In The Mirror
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby ArcticBlast » Apr 13th, '14, 17:38

HIm and Yelawolf make a good team![color=#4000BF][/color]
ArcticBlast
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Eminem