The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent Says Eminem Is Underrated

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: 50 Cent Says Eminem Is Underrated

Postby EminemBase » Mar 22nd, '14, 12:49

bigray wrote:i dont think he's underrated at all, i mean the whole world knows he's dope lol

The world knows he's dope but he does things and has done things with words and on the mic which are left largely unacknowledged... he's one of the genre's all-time pioneers with language. Rappers like Rakim... despite not even being very big in terms of being known (outside of rap) always get recognized for their word contributions to the game where as with Em... not so much.

Nobody denies he's good but he rarely gets the recognition for how far he's taken it, or how good he is now. I mean... his skills on MMLP2? Insane.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby kasia » Mar 22nd, '14, 12:52

EminemBase wrote:
bigray wrote:i dont think he's underrated at all, i mean the whole world knows he's dope lol

The world knows he's dope but he does things and has done things with words and on the mic which are left largely unacknowledged... he's one of the genre's all-time pioneers with language. Rappers like Rakim... despite not even being very big in terms of being known (outside of rap) always get recognized for their word contributions to the game where as with Em... not so much.

Nobody denies he's good but he rarely gets the recognition for how far he's taken it, or how good he is now. I mean... his skills on MMLP2? Insane.

true that... :y:

This darkness comes in me (Evil twin)
And comes again
That ain't me
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby StillShaady- » Mar 22nd, '14, 15:20

He's over and underrated at the same time.
All his Stan's claim that everything he releases is the shit
but at the same time there are some haters who say, he ain't even top 10.
If I could take it all back now, I wouldn't,
I would have done more shit that people said that I shouldn't.
StillShaady-
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Ares » Mar 22nd, '14, 22:51

Eminem and underrated should never be in the same sentence.
Yelawolf sucks
Ares
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Solace » Mar 23rd, '14, 01:08

Ares wrote:Eminem and underrated should never be in the same sentence.

Except for that one? :-k
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Mar 23rd, '14, 01:19

Solace wrote:
Ares wrote:Eminem and underrated should never be in the same sentence.

Except for that one? :-k

solace wins
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Fleka » Mar 23rd, '14, 12:50

lesi20 wrote:Calling Eminem underrated is probally the stupidest thing to say, even from 50 cent.

>MMLP2 was not able to reach the epicness of the original IT WAS STILL WELL Revived by critics and hiphopheads
>MMLP2 went double platinum in less than 5 month. Yeezus, sold circa 700 000, Good Kid, Maad City sold 1.200 000 to this date. I consider both really good album.
>Eminem is the still most famous male on Facebook... Or... you can say his the most famous Hip Hop artist in the world

YET HIS FUCKING UNDERRATED. GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK

What the fuck are you talking about?
Read again what 50 said: "despite his skills and everything he did for rap, he is still "the white rapper", people still put the skin color before anything and don't give him enough credit". Where did he mention Facebook or sales? And he is right.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Amadeo » Mar 23rd, '14, 12:53

My guess is 50 Cent's move to an independent label under Eminem's guidance was Eminem's attempt to disassociate himself from that moron.
Amadeo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby kkaniff » Mar 23rd, '14, 13:21

Your guess is idiotic, as usual.
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Mar 23rd, '14, 20:26

Amadeo wrote:My guess is 50 Cent's move to an independent label under Eminem's guidance was Eminem's attempt to disassociate himself from that moron.

Probably not. Em's too nice these days.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Satan » Mar 23rd, '14, 20:44

Snakebeast wrote:
Amadeo wrote:My guess is 50 Cent's move to an independent label under Eminem's guidance was Eminem's attempt to disassociate himself from that moron.

AYO Snakebeast is cool, you know? He's out there doing his thing, man, he doesn't give a fuck. His threads inspire me to try harder, yo. I respect him, and I would jump at the chance to meet him.
I'm not a faggot, I enjoy vagina.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snakebeast » Mar 23rd, '14, 20:48

Satan wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:

AYO Snakebeast is cool, you know? He's out there doing his thing, man, he doesn't give a fuck. His threads inspire me to try harder, yo. I respect him, and I would jump at the chance to meet him.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kill You » Mar 23rd, '14, 21:26

EminemBase wrote:

I think as far as rhyming and pure rapping skill goes, this is Eminem at his very best since his career. Now if we're talking about concepts and the music itself then it's obviously his older music that comes out on top but Eminem as a MC on this album was grade A spot-on.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby VINTAGƎ » Mar 24th, '14, 05:56

He's most definitely underrated.

You ever read some of the stuff on other hip hop forums? They "give" him MMLP. That's it. They don't consider SSLP or TES classic material and they begrudgingly give him MMLP.

I've also heard people say shit like "ok he's nice lyrically but it's not all about lyrics," when...yeah, a lot of it is about lyrics. When most rap artists don't play any instruments, and have other people produce beats for them, yes, lyrics are a big deal. The ability to rhyme words together is a big part of rap music.

There are a few reasons people downplay his skill or his cultural impact on the game. Obviously, his skin color is number one. His subject matter is another thing. People aren't down with songs about getting molested by your step father or shoving a gerbil in your ass. And I can understand that. But at the same time, when he's real, he can't be touched. But a lot of rap fans like to listen to stuff they can live vicariously through.

They like listening to Jay-Z and Kanye West rap about money and material things because it looks cool to play that in your car, or put it as a Facebook status or a tweet. It's trendy to listen to those rappers. Eminem is not trendy to listen to. Popular, yes, but not trendy. People don't bump Eminem to look cool.

Anyway, I'm losing focus here -- Eminem is underrated in the hip hop community. Commercially, of course not. But from a respect standpoint, yes. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.
VINTAGƎ
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheVipBro » Mar 24th, '14, 07:07

If anything he's super rated not under, skin colour don't matter anymore and even befre rap god he was already considered best or atleast top 5 by most, he's the only rapper who gets shit about pop collabs because of this, fuck jay z and his J.T collab, i don't hear him getting trashed or the apparent current hip hop "king" kendrick get shit for collabing with fake ass rappers, i don't see drake get bashed for his romeo santos song but if eminem collabs with rihanna, an r&B singer, it's selling out right? That's fucked up, snoop dogg barrily gets shit for his big time crap and miley cyrus collab and he's suppose to be one of the hip hop heavy weights. Eminem is probably rated so high but it's not even overrating, he deserves it. Colour is not an issue, they use it when talking bout him, yes but it's not used against him.
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem