The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Headlights Music Video - Directed by Spike Lee (Out Now!!!)

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Headlights Music Video - Directed by Spike Lee (Coming S

Postby Elision » Apr 30th, '14, 04:18

UnoDeuce wrote:what's the difference between a short film and a music video, exactly? I mean obviously it's longer but what would it be about?
like the full version of the stan video i'd imagine. just the song with some dialogue/acting around it
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Emadyville » Apr 30th, '14, 04:22

Elision wrote:
UnoDeuce wrote:what's the difference between a short film and a music video, exactly? I mean obviously it's longer but what would it be about?
like the full version of the stan video i'd imagine. just the song with some dialogue/acting around it

that's how i'd define it :y:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Him Shadow » Apr 30th, '14, 09:29

hey guys, I just wanted to let you know about somethin'...

Directors calls music videos a short films, so this probably will be a regular music video not some long ass story with song in it
Last edited by Him Shadow on Apr 30th, '14, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Him Shadow
Renegade
Renegade

Postby slims » Apr 30th, '14, 09:52

that's what I've been thinking this whole time.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby DetroitSkills » Apr 30th, '14, 10:07

:coffee:
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Emadyville » Apr 30th, '14, 12:52

himshadow wrote:hey guys, I just wanted to let you know about somethin'...

Directors calls music videos a short films, so this probably will be a regular music video not some long ass story with song in it

well the short films arent always that long either. i need a doctor i'd consider one because it had like an extra minute for an intro. just like stan did
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Him Shadow » Apr 30th, '14, 13:02

Emadyville wrote:
himshadow wrote:hey guys, I just wanted to let you know about somethin'...

well the short films arent always that long either. i need a doctor i'd consider one because it had like an extra minute for an intro. just like stan did

yeah Stan was a short film in every aspect :flutter: if it comes to Headlights it depends what Spike Lee had in mind when he said 'short film', we have to wait and see :y:
Him Shadow
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eratime » May 1st, '14, 00:33

it will be a short film of Matthew kidnapping Eminem and while he laying in the trunk he thinking about his mom and start to see flashbacks :shifty:
Eratime
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SoldierShady » May 1st, '14, 00:50

Shit's not out yet? Wow.
"So one last time, I'm back, 'fore it fades into black and it's all over, behold the final chapter in the saga, trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle twice, the magic that started it all...tragic portrait of an artist tortured....trapped in his own drawings..." - Bruce.

SoldierShady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby EminemBase » May 1st, '14, 10:13

I really hope MMLP2 is capped off with an epic as fuck BAD GUY vid.

I'm interested to see this video and if/how it elevates it, and what it'll be like due to it being Spike Lee.

But due to the legacy of ''Stan'' and it being such a pillar of MMLP and MMLP2 can't really exist without a sequel of some-kind... I just think to have to video for it will be kind of a bummer on the era.

Especially due to how fucking epic ''Stan'' video is.

I get a really they're not going to do it though, but really hope they are saving it till last, which would make sense.

But that would mean... 6 videos? Which seems quite unlikely. But then again it would have seemed (to many of us) damn-near impossible he would make MMLP2 or do a 2-part-song epic sequel to ''Stan'' or a 6 minute song on non-stop mind-blowing rapping - released as a main single. Also would have seemed stupidly unlikely that he'd work with Rick Rubin or do a Beastie Boys homage stonking madhouse 1st single.

But so far these videos have been top-tier shit and some of Em's best. There's a higher level of care in my opinion... it's like he really tried (even though he still did with some shit) not to stick to the same formulas for everything this time, like 'yep, here's another vid' kinda thing. Feels like everything was laboured over a lot more... ''Berzerk'' and ''Rap God'' videos are both amaznig and deserve praise on visual elements alone.

So a fucking ''Bad Guy'' vid with some kind of manic, nightmare-esque vibe as Em intended the concept to be... with fucking Aaron Paul as Matthew (literally fucking born to be him) shouting ''IT'S JUST YOU ME AND THE MUSIC NOW SLIM!'' in his frantic Breaking Bad-esque dramatic flair... and then the end sequence of maybe Em's face somehow fucking melting or floating in some fucked up way with a barrage of protesters and flashbacks flying by and shit... it could literally be a masterpiece and end this album era with a hell of a bang.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Elision » May 1st, '14, 11:35

EminemBase wrote:with fucking Aaron Paul as Matthew (literally fucking born to be him) shouting ''IT'S JUST YOU ME AND THE MUSIC NOW SLIM!''
dave chappelle would work even better :o
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » May 1st, '14, 11:59

Charlotte wrote:I think it'll be a short film-ish though. Like Stan or something, just a minute extra.

tru
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby kasia » May 1st, '14, 12:01

DetroitSkills wrote:
Charlotte wrote:I think it'll be a short film-ish though. Like Stan or something, just a minute extra.

tru

Yeah, maybe with a short intro like in I need a doctor hmmm....

This darkness comes in me (Evil twin)
And comes again
That ain't me
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kasia » May 1st, '14, 12:09

EminemBase wrote:I really hope MMLP2 is capped off with an epic as fuck BAD GUY vid.

I'm interested to see this video and if/how it elevates it, and what it'll be like due to it being Spike Lee.

But due to the legacy of ''Stan'' and it being such a pillar of MMLP and MMLP2 can't really exist without a sequel of some-kind... I just think to have to video for it will be kind of a bummer on the era.

Especially due to how fucking epic ''Stan'' video is.

I get a really they're not going to do it though, but really hope they are saving it till last, which would make sense.

But that would mean... 6 videos? Which seems quite unlikely. But then again it would have seemed (to many of us) damn-near impossible he would make MMLP2 or do a 2-part-song epic sequel to ''Stan'' or a 6 minute song on non-stop mind-blowing rapping - released as a main single. Also would have seemed stupidly unlikely that he'd work with Rick Rubin or do a Beastie Boys homage stonking madhouse 1st single.

But so far these videos have been top-tier shit and some of Em's best. There's a higher level of care in my opinion... it's like he really tried (even though he still did with some shit) not to stick to the same formulas for everything this time, like 'yep, here's another vid' kinda thing. Feels like everything was laboured over a lot more... ''Berzerk'' and ''Rap God'' videos are both amaznig and deserve praise on visual elements alone.

So a fucking ''Bad Guy'' vid with some kind of manic, nightmare-esque vibe as Em intended the concept to be... with fucking Aaron Paul as Matthew (literally fucking born to be him) shouting ''IT'S JUST YOU ME AND THE MUSIC NOW SLIM!'' in his frantic Breaking Bad-esque dramatic flair... and then the end sequence of maybe Em's face somehow fucking melting or floating in some fucked up way with a barrage of protesters and flashbacks flying by and shit... it could literally be a masterpiece and end this album era with a hell of a bang.

Fuck. It would be so epic, I want it. :flutter: :flutter: :flutter: Aaron is perfect for this.

This darkness comes in me (Evil twin)
And comes again
That ain't me
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lesi20 » May 1st, '14, 14:23

"I scrutinize every word, memorize every line"

I'M THE BIGGEST REDDITOR STAN AND YOU CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG