The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Paul Wall Explains Reaction To Eminem Shout Outs

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Paul Wall Explains Reaction To Eminem Shout Outs

Postby yoda you can call me » Jun 25th, '14, 08:35

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... shout-outs

Paul Wall says he doesn't consider any of Eminem's shout outs disses and calls the Detroit rapper "the greatest of all time."

Sitting down with Montreality earlier this month, Paul Wall detailed his always positive reaction to hearing Eminem reference his name in music.

On the bonus track “My Darling,” a leftover from the rapper’s Relapse release, Eminem raps: “If I would of said something about Paul Wall you’d probably crap in your pants / Because I’m white so he’s like / My competition, I mean right? / Nope, Paul Wall is dope / And so is Bubba.”

When asked about his reaction to the references, Paul Wall said “I ain’t take none of them like a diss.”

“I don’t know ‘cause my boy Eminem shouted me out about four or five times, you know what I’m saying, so I don’t know exactly which one you talking ‘bout,” Paul Wall said with a laugh. “Shout out to the greatest of all time, Eminem. Definitely appreciate the love...He gave me a few over the years. Some people try to portray [it as], ‘Oh, he was dissing you,’ or something like that. Some of them he was clearly showing me love. Even the one’s where people say he was dissing me, I ain’t take none of them like a diss and he more than welcome to diss me all he wants to. Man, that’s Eminem. Shit, the G.O.A.T., the greatest of all time, he can diss whoever he want to man. Shout out to Eminem, appreciate the shout outs baby! I’m ready for my 2014 shout out. Go on and give me a fresh one baby.”

On Recovery, Eminem makes another mention of the Houston rapper on his “W.T.P.” track. “So quit tryna play the wall like you Paul / And get on the floor when the beat drops and stop stallin’,” Eminem raps.
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Paul Wall Explains Reaction To Eminem Shout Outs

Postby csw621 » Jun 25th, '14, 12:31

Reminds me of this http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/11/waka-flocka-flame-doesnt-think-eminem-dissed-him-on-rap-god/

He can make em look like bozos he's wondering if he should spit this slow, fuck no go for broke
Last edited by csw621 on Jun 25th, '14, 13:36, edited 2 times in total.
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Jun 25th, '14, 12:34

I think Em has achieved some next level respect with the skill and best songs of Relapse, Recovery and MMLP2 as Paul Wall, as a white MC - would never normally call Em the GREATEST. I mean, basically all white MC's in the game clearly respect Em but have always gone out of their way to act like they're not that into his shit and emphasize their Wu-Tang and Biggie love etc. lmao, to really stress their black influences and not look like they're just calling THEE white rapper the greatest.

But then it later comes out / is obvious they all stanz (asher, mac, macklemore).

So at this point, for him to say that, I think a lot of MC's be listening to Em's shit on DL; he doesn't get too many mentions as the mainstream and game as a whole is used to Em and he just does his own thang but I reckon a lot of MC's secretly study his shit like a cookbook of great recpies lmao.

Like, seriously, fucking ''Brainless'' or ''Rap God''? or ''So Far''? you kidding me? The man is inhumanly talented, the levels and depths and range and perfection and creativity and innovation in the rhymes, flows, delivery, just every aspect... it's all so over-looked and taken for granted. And content and humour and ideas too, he's most definitely the greatest all-round rapper ever, he can just do everything and innovates so much in rap terms that is barely ever acknowledged in comparison to say... the golden era rappers getting infinite cred for multi scheme introduction n shit. Since then, Em has just added the equivalent of Einstein to fucking science.

But I think that'll majorly come in the next gen. He's still very active. You already saw it with Asher and B.o.B n shit coming out and Hopsin and Tyler, so we're starting to see the first true spawns of his work. People used to be on some ''but who has he influenced''... forgetting he came out in 99, not 89 - so the n1kkas from like 09 be the true generation who grew up on him, that generation only just came around - and we'll see a flurry more from this point on.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Mathers » Jun 25th, '14, 13:40

I didn't even know Em mentioned him on W.T.P.
Fuck top five, bitch, I'm top four
And that includes Biggie and Pac, whore
And I got an Evil Twin
So who the fuck do you think that third and that fourth spot's for?
Mathers
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Guess_Who » Jun 25th, '14, 14:04

How could this be considered a diss??? .....

If I would of said something about Paul Wall you’d probably crap in your pants / Because I’m white so he’s like / My competition, I mean right? / Nope, Paul Wall is dope / And so is Bubba.”
In the land of the killers, a sinner's mind is a sanctum.

Guess_Who
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Jun 25th, '14, 14:58

EminemBase wrote:I think Em has achieved some next level respect with the skill and best songs of Relapse, Recovery and MMLP2 as Paul Wall, as a white MC - would never normally call Em the GREATEST. I mean, basically all white MC's in the game clearly respect Em but have always gone out of their way to act like they're not that into his shit and emphasize their Wu-Tang and Biggie love etc. lmao, to really stress their black influences and not look like they're just calling THEE white rapper the greatest.

But then it later comes out / is obvious they all stanz (asher, mac, macklemore).

So at this point, for him to say that, I think a lot of MC's be listening to Em's shit on DL; he doesn't get too many mentions as the mainstream and game as a whole is used to Em and he just does his own thang but I reckon a lot of MC's secretly study his shit like a cookbook of great recpies lmao.

Like, seriously, fucking ''Brainless'' or ''Rap God''? or ''So Far''? you kidding me? The man is inhumanly talented, the levels and depths and range and perfection and creativity and innovation in the rhymes, flows, delivery, just every aspect... it's all so over-looked and taken for granted. And content and humour and ideas too, he's most definitely the greatest all-round rapper ever, he can just do everything and innovates so much in rap terms that is barely ever acknowledged in comparison to say... the golden era rappers getting infinite cred for multi scheme introduction n shit. Since then, Em has just added the equivalent of Einstein to fucking science.

But I think that'll majorly come in the next gen. He's still very active. You already saw it with Asher and B.o.B n shit coming out and Hopsin and Tyler, so we're starting to see the first true spawns of his work. People used to be on some ''but who has he influenced''... forgetting he came out in 99, not 89 - so the n1kkas from like 09 be the true generation who grew up on him, that generation only just came around - and we'll see a flurry more from this point on.

:y:
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Despicable » Jun 25th, '14, 16:24

EM doesnt diss Paul Wall on My Darling,but he do diss him on GOAT,but it was never an official release and that song was made when EM was on drugs.

Anyway,cool Paul shows respect to EM.
Always nice to see other rappers give their respect
Cry babies,maybe my way that i use words is loose
but you turds better be careful how you choose yours
Cause feelings scar,but egos bruise worse
And the truth hurts,shit no wonder youre sore losers
Despicable
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby shadyblogger » Jun 25th, '14, 16:25

I could care less about Paul Wall's opinion
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TheVipBro » Jun 25th, '14, 17:41

still waka flocka's reach was by far the most stretched reach ever.
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Eminem