The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Best thing about MMLP2 Era?

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Best thing about MMLP2 Era?

Postby csw621 » Aug 27th, '14, 05:02

Eminem is happy.
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Aug 27th, '14, 05:41

csw621 wrote:Eminem is happy.

Don't know why but this made me chuckle
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Aug 27th, '14, 05:52

Kali wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:
Kali wrote:I'm not a Stan, I'm just a fan. I think Recovery is Eminem's worst album, fyi, and MMLP2 wasn't good. There ya go.

You also think that My First Single wasn't a steaming pile of horseshit and that most of Encore doesn't deserve to be flushed down the toilet.

and? The only bad things about My First Single was the rambling, the production, and bodily sounds. The flow and some of the lyrics were great.

Encore has some great songs like Evil Deeds, Never Enough, Mosh, Puke, Yellow Brick Road, Spend Some Time, Like Toy Soldiers, and Mockingbird.

How was the flow good at all? The production was shit. There was not a single part of the lyrics that were even tolerable, and even if they were, they are IMMEDIATELY outweighed by the other shit lyrics.

Evil Deeds? HORRIBLE rhyming, shit flow, a first verse that can only be described as laughable, and two other verses that are predominantly, predominantly, predominantly shit.

Never Enough had some of the most lazy rhyming ever, but was for the most part a tolerable song. Not a single quotable line, and the lyrics were lackluster and incredibly boring. Love the hook and the beat, though.

Mosh isn't horrible, but it's by no means good either. Em doesn't know shit about politics, and this just shows that. Furthermore, lines like "Rubberband man yeah, he just snaps back" show exactly how far Em has fallen as a writer.

Yellow Brick Road is one of the few good songs on Encore, despite the awkward rhyming and flow.

Spend Some Time had a great Em verse, but with a rather monotone delivery. The rest of the song, from the hook to the other verses, are shit.

Puke is dogshit.

Like Toy Soldiers is another good song, though with a boring flow and once again monotone delivery.

Mockingbird is yet another song about Hailie. Not good, not bad. Like the hook.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby kkaniff » Aug 27th, '14, 08:46

Ban them, Menzo.
Especially *****, he hasn't done anything, but it'll be funny as fuck.
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Aug 28th, '14, 11:12

Simple suggestion for Eminem.

You want to make another classic? Your last classic era was the 8 mile one.

So now you do an 8 mile reboot. Tell the story again, but do a reboot.

As a matter of fact do reboots for your first 3 albums. Act as if you have to prove yourself all over again. That's what you need to do.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ares » Aug 28th, '14, 11:18

Hopsinshadie wrote:Simple suggestion for Eminem.

You want to make another classic?

He doesn't.
Yelawolf sucks
Ares
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Evil » Aug 28th, '14, 11:22

Hopsinshadie wrote:Simple suggestion for Eminem.

You want to make another classic? Your last classic era was the 8 mile one.

So now you do an 8 mile reboot. Tell the story again, but do a reboot.

As a matter of fact do reboots for your first 3 albums. Act as if you have to prove yourself all over again. That's what you need to do.

Whatever you say.

Anyway, apart from MMLP2 itself, my favourite thing about this era has been the music videos. Apart from Headlights I thought they were all on point and Rap Gods has really grown on me.
S/O to Bizarre for wearing a WonderBra

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Horse wrote:Evil for 2015 vet
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby slims » Aug 28th, '14, 11:42

Jaba made me cringe.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Willou » Aug 28th, '14, 14:55

The blond hair. And Rap God. And Wembley Stadium.
Willou
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TheBoss123 » Aug 28th, '14, 15:42

Mr Evil wrote:
Anyway, apart from MMLP2 itself, my favourite thing about this era has been the music videos. Apart from Headlights I thought they were all on point and Rap Gods has really grown on me.

Yeah Iv really enjoyed the music videos as well. I felt theyve all been really on point. Him and the crew whom have worked on the videos did a great job with bringing the songs to a visual medium.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Aug 29th, '14, 02:18

Horse wrote:
Jaba wrote:
Kali wrote:When it ended.

Your not a real Stan, sit your ass down faggot, with your fucking Recovery era Em Avatar, what you don't like MARS-hall Mathers LP 2?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

not sure if that's enough facepalms but hopefully you get the point
Not sure if Horse can tell if something is a joke or not.... :whistle:
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby slims » Aug 29th, '14, 02:21

It's the content of the joke, dude.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Hopsinshadie » Aug 29th, '14, 08:06

So what Eminem needs is a new scheme. He needs to reintroduce himself to the world again, but use slightly different words and ideas. Yes! He will shock a lot of people because kids don't know about his old stuff. They need to hear his old style, from a modern album!

And he needs to stop talking about the past, but he needs to start rapping like he's proving himself again. Rapping like he's hungry. Forget the father, multi millionaire, elevator in house, drug free, mother approving son Eminem. We need Eminem to do a complete 360. We need him to go back and become a G again.

Rap God was close. Rap God was the right idea. We need all songs to be of that caliber. We need Eminem to stir up more controversy and piss off the world. That's the idea. It's in him, waiting to be unleashed.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Dorian » Aug 29th, '14, 08:34

Hopsinshadie wrote:So what Eminem needs is a new scheme. He needs to reintroduce himself to the world again, but use slightly different words and ideas. Yes! He will shock a lot of people because kids don't know about his old stuff. They need to hear his old style, from a modern album!

And he needs to stop talking about the past, but he needs to start rapping like he's proving himself again. Rapping like he's hungry. Forget the father, multi millionaire, elevator in house, drug free, mother approving son Eminem. We need Eminem to do a complete 360. We need him to go back and become a G again.

Rap God was close. Rap God was the right idea. We need all songs to be of that caliber. We need Eminem to stir up more controversy and piss off the world. That's the idea. It's in him, waiting to be unleashed.

Dude, you expect a 40 year old to talk about being raped by his father?
Dorian
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Aug 29th, '14, 18:38

Eminem wrote:I'll stick a fuckin lava lamp up a mannequin's ass

or something
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem