The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

**Encore & the Genius of Eminem**

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: **Encore & the Genius of Eminem**

Postby TheBoss123 » Aug 24th, '14, 07:32

ganjakush56 wrote:
Shuttle Destroyer wrote:You really think an artist with three undisputed classics would release a shitty album on porpoise?

You really think if Em could go back in time and rearrenge Encore's tracklist and prevent those songs from leaking, place them on the album as well as some shit that's on the vault still to this date, taking all the bullshit off and going for 4 classics in a row, he wouldn't? (not even talking about recording new songs, just the ones he had at the time)

imo, I think if Eminem released ANOTHER classic album in 2004, his fame would have completely gone out of control, more so than it already had. After 2002, everything (at least from our perspectives) began to unravel in a very bad way. I also think he was aware of this and so he aimed for a type of career suicide with Encore for his own good and wellbeing as a functional person. We already know he hates the fame (interviews, lack of privacy, seclusion, etc.) so my theory isn't too far fetched. Even after Recovery, we can see something similar - Recovery was monumental for his career, as it redefined his image for a new generation, garnering more fans all over again making him a fresh icon in the eyes of this newer generation who may have been unfamiliar with his earlier work. He then waits till the end of 2013 to release his next album, staying inactive as a solo act for over two years. This motherfucker doesn't like massive fame like that so I'm assuming he dipped out the spotlight for that time just for that reason and you can see the results. MMLP2 has gone 2x platinum but it has not galvanized a generation of listeners like Recovery did. LTWYL has 730 milllion views on youtube; the Monster is at 200 million. And notice that LTWYL wasn't even the first single of his highly anticipated album - Not Afraid was which also has over 500 million views. If you compare the views of the first singles from each album (Survival vs. Not Afraid or even Berzerk vs. Not Afraid), Not Afraid was in a completely different stratosphere popularity wise. That shit was ubiquitous.

In other words, Eminem was much more famous when Recovery dropped compared to now (don't get me wrong, he is still the most popular rapper in existence by any standard). He went on his little 2-3 year hiatus as a solo act to tone down the fame, waiting till November of 2013 to drop mmlp2. I believe he will drop another album very soon because mmlp2, according to sales and popularity, performed similar to Relapse; Recovery was almost too big of an album at the time to release another one in say 2011 and even possibly 2012.

So to answer you question, I really think if Eminem had time traveling abilities, he wouldn't focus on Encore but would of instead pushed everything back a year, releasing 8 Mile in 2003, so that he wouldn't have had to cope with the stress of touring and making music while promoting and filming a major film, thus eliminating some of potential catalysts for addiction. Imagine what Eminem would have become if he never had to struggle with that addiction..

This makes so much sense to me lol. That could very well be why he likes to space out his album releases. I think Encore still would have been lackluster regardless of the intention given his addiction problems, but the spacing of his albums now seems to follow an interesting logic. Overall I wouldnt be surprised if thats what he was doing now, but you never really know i guess. I dont necessarily agree with all of that, but I never really analyzed it like that before. :y:
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby csw621 » Aug 24th, '14, 16:06

Did I spit too soon? Should I have spoon fed 'em it? But I was just so eager to prove......
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shuttle Destroyer » Aug 25th, '14, 00:17

ganjakush56 wrote:
Shuttle Destroyer wrote:You really think an artist with three undisputed classics would release a shitty album on porpoise?

You really think if Em could go back in time and rearrenge Encore's tracklist and prevent those songs from leaking, place them on the album as well as some shit that's on the vault still to this date, taking all the bullshit off and going for 4 classics in a row, he wouldn't? (not even talking about recording new songs, just the ones he had at the time)

All that you wrote, lol (in order not to make the post gigantic)

Thank you for taking my point as my opinion and not as an attack, writing a fully conscious, non-rude response :y:

I feel you now
As a theory, for sure it's acceptable
I just prefer to think that he was out of ideas and things to talk about and had the pressure to deliver the album while manteining the "crazy" persona
All of this combined with the drug addition resulted in songs such as Big Weenie, Ass Like That, My 1st Single and Puke, to keep it short
ganjakush56 wrote:Imagine what Eminem would have become if he never had to struggle with that addiction..

11/05/2010 - Jockey Club, São Paulo
Rap God wrote:You never seen heard smelled or met a real MC
Who's incredible upon the same pedestal as me

Like F1? Join us >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=165403
How about FM14? >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=165391
Shuttle Destroyer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemInsider » Aug 25th, '14, 01:07

The He Was Pilled Out Of HIs Mind And Had Writer's Block Aspect

After being introduced to Ambien on the set of 8 mile and getting off probation for his gun possession/assault/battery charges, he ramped up into full blown addiction to a variety of pain pills and Ambien, convinced that he was an insomniac and needed these pills to be able to sleep, thinking he could still stop if he wanted to. 3 years after Encore came out, he was 2 hours away from death.

Canning: What will it say on your tombstone?
Charlie Sheen: Something dot com.

Canibus & Eminem Converse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB62t2_wJE
EminemInsider
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KingDrizze » Aug 25th, '14, 22:27

nice theory
I've made beats for Jay-Z for free
Page me, you need a beat, you Canibus?
Then it's Dre's fee, if you Kay Slay, the fees waved
I stay beefing with JD, 'til the day Dre 2-ways me