The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

**Encore & the Genius of Eminem**

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: **Encore & the Genius of Eminem**

Postby slims » Aug 23rd, '14, 20:56

Ok ken.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TranSlucEnt » Aug 23rd, '14, 21:21

kkaniff wrote:@TheBoss123
If we are to compare SSLP to MMLP 2 or Relapse based on density of lyrics, it'd come off as relatively mediocre, does that make it a sub-par effort?
Nah.
I think the reason Encore is so universally hated is that people feel Eminem's needs to have a consensus shitty album.
I just saw Encore being described as the worst album ever made, dude who said it was serious, too.
Dude prolly hasn't even heard the album.
Opinions like that show that the hate for Encore has gone waay beyond irrational, and is frankly, kind of disturbing, and it's because the Encore hate just keeps being repeated ad nauseam until it starts to become accepted as gospel.
It's stupid, really.
Hopsinshadie, is that you?

I'm sorry, what?

Directed at OP. Sorry for the misunderstanding :wave:
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Him Shadow » Aug 23rd, '14, 21:24

Menzo wrote:Woat Em album

and that's a fact ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Him Shadow
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ganjakush56 » Aug 23rd, '14, 21:25

Elision wrote:
ganjakush56 wrote:its a very shitty album. I still think its a genius album
spineless. pick an opinion.
TheBoss123 wrote:Just because it might have been intentionally bad does not mean the album doesnt suck.

you misunderstand...while the album is shitty, I believe it was intended to be so; hence, the hidden genius behind the project.

For example, while Facebook is a genius tool for interpersonal communication over large populations, it is still a shitty tool because it has removed some of the intimacy from human interactions by eliminating the physical component to interpersonal communication - it also alienates the users through this form of interaction as well by creating the illusion of social interaction when in fact, the real action that is taking place is typing on a computer or phone.

Something can be executed in a genius fashion but still, content wise, be shitty.

And to whoever called me hopsinshadie, all he does is talk about how Eminem needs to return to this revered "prime Em" because he's apparently gone soft - fuck all that; that's retarded as is hopsinshadie.
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

Ego: the pathology of human consciousness
ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Aug 23rd, '14, 22:47

agree with everything kkaniff said except I love evil deeds (but not for the reasons I love most em songs I love) and I hate ass like that

edit: a one shot 2 shot video would complete my childhood
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Aug 23rd, '14, 22:56

kkaniff wrote:@TheBoss123
If we are to compare SSLP to MMLP 2 or Relapse based on density of lyrics, it'd come off as relatively mediocre, does that make it a sub-par effort?
Nah.
I think the reason Encore is so universally hated is that people feel Eminem's needs to have a consensus shitty album.
I just saw Encore being described as the worst album ever made, dude who said it was serious, too.
Dude prolly hasn't even heard the album.
Opinions like that show that the hate for Encore has gone waay beyond irrational, and is frankly, kind of disturbing, and it's because the Encore hate just keeps being repeated ad nauseam until it starts to become accepted as gospel.
It's stupid, really.
Hopsinshadie, is that you?

I'm sorry, what?

Its definitely not the worst album ever made, but i don't think most people would say that. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I genuinely do not feel it is a good album. It has a few good songs, but I dont feel it measures up at all to the rest of his work, and far from it. Songs like one shot 2 shot, Just lose it, My 1st Single etc. are just bad. None of his lyricism is nearly as good as ANY of the rest of his work. To the point of being sloppy and lazy sounding.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Aug 23rd, '14, 23:28

Menzo wrote:Woat Em album

:shakehead:

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mr Evil » Aug 24th, '14, 00:02

"Puke" sucks veiny donkey cock with semen at the tip when it moans
S/O to Bizarre for wearing a WonderBra

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Horse wrote:Evil for 2015 vet
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Aug 24th, '14, 00:03

Mr Evil wrote:"Puke" sucks veiny donkey cock with semen at the tip when it moans

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby csw621 » Aug 24th, '14, 00:23

in puke he says he's freestyling. how soon after shooting 8 mile did em really get writer's block? imagine if encore was almost completely freestyled.
:shifty:

inb4 37 pages about whether or not freestyling is or is not, in fact, off the dome
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Aug 24th, '14, 00:33

Big Weenie sounds 100% freestyled

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby mwm5952 » Aug 24th, '14, 02:19

I may be wrong here, but the point of the OP was not whether or not Encore was a good album or not. He actually admitted it wasn't. He simply laid out a well thought out explanation as to why it sucks. We don't know if he's right or not, but damn, I really like the thinking behind the post. I would love for this to be true, so em's SECOND woat actually had a great reason as to why. We have all admitted that Encore would be better if some of those ridiculous songs were replaced by some of the leaked songs. But we don't know if this is true. He could have tried to put out his best album ever and just fell flat, but with the leaked songs being so much better than the filler on Encore, OP's theory makes sense. It was a fun read, I enjoyed it. I would love a 20 min convo with em about this. Just a very interesting thought. Touche OP
the criminal cop killing hip hop filling minimal swat to cop millions of pac listeners
mwm5952
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Aug 24th, '14, 03:14

em never thought encore was goat. not while he was coming up with it, not while he was making it, not the day before he dropped it and not a day since
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shuttle Destroyer » Aug 24th, '14, 04:19

You really think an artist with three undisputed classics would release a shitty album on porpoise?

You really think if Em could go back in time and rearrenge Encore's tracklist and prevent those songs from leaking, place them on the album as well as some shit that's on the vault still to this date, taking all the bullshit off and going for 4 classics in a row, he wouldn't? (not even talking about recording new songs, just the ones he had at the time)
11/05/2010 - Jockey Club, São Paulo
Rap God wrote:You never seen heard smelled or met a real MC
Who's incredible upon the same pedestal as me

Like F1? Join us >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=165403
How about FM14? >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=165391
Shuttle Destroyer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ganjakush56 » Aug 24th, '14, 05:02

Shuttle Destroyer wrote:You really think an artist with three undisputed classics would release a shitty album on porpoise?

You really think if Em could go back in time and rearrenge Encore's tracklist and prevent those songs from leaking, place them on the album as well as some shit that's on the vault still to this date, taking all the bullshit off and going for 4 classics in a row, he wouldn't? (not even talking about recording new songs, just the ones he had at the time)

imo, I think if Eminem released ANOTHER classic album in 2004, his fame would have completely gone out of control, more so than it already had. After 2002, everything (at least from our perspectives) began to unravel in a very bad way. I also think he was aware of this and so he aimed for a type of career suicide with Encore for his own good and wellbeing as a functional person. We already know he hates the fame (interviews, lack of privacy, seclusion, etc.) so my theory isn't too far fetched. Even after Recovery, we can see something similar - Recovery was monumental for his career, as it redefined his image for a new generation, garnering more fans all over again making him a fresh icon in the eyes of this newer generation who may have been unfamiliar with his earlier work. He then waits till the end of 2013 to release his next album, staying inactive as a solo act for over two years. This motherfucker doesn't like massive fame like that so I'm assuming he dipped out the spotlight for that time just for that reason and you can see the results. MMLP2 has gone 2x platinum but it has not galvanized a generation of listeners like Recovery did. LTWYL has 730 milllion views on youtube; the Monster is at 200 million. And notice that LTWYL wasn't even the first single of his highly anticipated album - Not Afraid was which also has over 500 million views. If you compare the views of the first singles from each album (Survival vs. Not Afraid or even Berzerk vs. Not Afraid), Not Afraid was in a completely different stratosphere popularity wise. That shit was ubiquitous.

In other words, Eminem was much more famous when Recovery dropped compared to now (don't get me wrong, he is still the most popular rapper in existence by any standard). He went on his little 2-3 year hiatus as a solo act to tone down the fame, waiting till November of 2013 to drop mmlp2. I believe he will drop another album very soon because mmlp2, according to sales and popularity, performed similar to Relapse; Recovery was almost too big of an album at the time to release another one in say 2011 and even possibly 2012.

So to answer you question, I really think if Eminem had time traveling abilities, he wouldn't focus on Encore but would of instead pushed everything back a year, releasing 8 Mile in 2003, so that he wouldn't have had to cope with the stress of touring and making music while promoting and filming a major film, thus eliminating some of potential catalysts for addiction. Imagine what Eminem would have become if he never had to struggle with that addiction..
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

Ego: the pathology of human consciousness
ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem