The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What Happened To Political Em?

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

What Happened To Political Em?

Postby firebrand » Sep 24th, '14, 12:53

Since his Hiatus and Addiction to prescription drugs, it seems Eminem has had a change of heart when it comes to politics. Why does he never mention politics anymore? Good or bad he must still have an opinion, is he happy with the current situation or has he had his mouth stuffed with gold?
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: What Happened To Political Em?

Postby Mr Change » Sep 24th, '14, 12:54

He does mention them, just very rarely.

I think he never had a horse in that race to begin with if you know what I mean. After his addiction I feel like he has other things more important to talk/worry about :y:
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby firebrand » Sep 24th, '14, 13:06

Mr Change wrote:He does mention them, just very rarely.

I think he never had a horse in that race to begin with if you know what I mean. After his addiction I feel like he has other things more important to talk/worry about :y:

When does he mention them? I mean Mosh, Square Dance, Rap Game verse he's militant with his views but now it just feels like he's having his strings pulled. There's only so much self pity and woe is me people will put up with, if he has mentioned politics of late then I've missed it and feel that he could of got the balance better between personal issues and other important issues.
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr Change » Sep 24th, '14, 13:57

firebrand wrote:

When does he mention them? I mean Mosh, Square Dance, Rap Game verse he's militant with his views but now it just feels like he's having his strings pulled. There's only so much self pity and woe is me people will put up with, if he has mentioned politics of late then I've missed it and feel that he could of got the balance better between personal issues and other important issues.

He called himself a rich democrat on Calm Down and (at least at one point in time) said he thought Obama was great
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby csw621 » Sep 24th, '14, 14:02

Sneak attack's the only way I say i am-bush :happy:
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Sep 24th, '14, 15:37

Mr Change wrote:When does he mention them? I mean Mosh, Square Dance, Rap Game verse he's militant with his views

there was also White America (to an extent) and We As Americans.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby firebrand » Sep 24th, '14, 16:03

Mr Change wrote:
firebrand wrote:

He called himself a rich democrat on Calm Down and (at least at one point in time) said he thought Obama was great

I think I have my answer thank you, mouth full of gold it is then.
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby firebrand » Sep 24th, '14, 16:11

InsaneTRex94 wrote:None of us know, because none of us have met him to talk about this topic.

And God damn it, just because he doesn't mention them doesn't mean he's having his strings pulled.

I said it feels like that, not that I think its the case. You know of course people change, mature and move on but it feels like he has to rap about things that he would of torn apart first time round.
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby firebrand » Sep 24th, '14, 16:20

I suppose we'll have to wait for this re-up 2, see what vibe he's on atm. I just hope its not any not afraid or survival type stuff.
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby firebrand » Sep 24th, '14, 16:21

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
firebrand wrote: it feels like he has to rap about things that he would of torn apart first time round.

Not really. It actually feels like he has to rap about new things that he hasn't rapped about yet.

Well his latest album is a sequel so that kinda isn't the case
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby firebrand » Sep 24th, '14, 16:27

firebrand wrote:
InsaneTRex94 wrote:
firebrand wrote: it feels like he has to rap about things that he would of torn apart first time round.

Not really. It actually feels like he has to rap about new things that he hasn't rapped about yet.

Well his latest album is a sequel so that kinda isn't the case

Actually, it is. Nobody wants any more of him going back in time, we got enough of that on MMLP2.[/quote]
That's what I'm saying, he's made a whole album about a previous album so he's rapping about the exact same things. If he rapped about today's politics how would that be going back in time?
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Snakebeast » Sep 24th, '14, 16:39

firebrand wrote:
Mr Change wrote:
firebrand wrote:When does he mention them? I mean Mosh, Square Dance, Rap Game verse he's militant with his views but now it just feels like he's having his strings pulled. There's only so much self pity and woe is me people will put up with, if he has mentioned politics of late then I've missed it and feel that he could of got the balance better between personal issues and other important issues.

Words cannot describe how stupid you are.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby firebrand » Sep 24th, '14, 16:42

InsaneTRex94 wrote:I'm not talking about politics, I'm talking about the statement I quoted before.

I see, in that case of course people don't wanna hear the same stuff I agree
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby firebrand » Sep 24th, '14, 16:46

firebrand wrote:
Mr Change wrote:
firebrand wrote:When does he mention them? I mean Mosh, Square Dance, Rap Game verse he's militant with his views but now it just feels like he's having his strings pulled. There's only so much self pity and woe is me people will put up with, if he has mentioned politics of late then I've missed it and feel that he could of got the balance better between personal issues and other important issues.

Words cannot describe how stupid you are.[/quote]
But still you tried ;)
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Snakebeast » Sep 24th, '14, 16:49

firebrand wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:
firebrand wrote:I think I have my answer thank you, mouth full of gold it is then.

Words cannot describe how stupid you are.

But still you tried ;)

How exactly does joking about being a rich democrat and a single comment on Obama equate to, as you put it, a "mouth full of gold"?

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Next

Return to Eminem