The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Lana del Rey line controversy - We back in 2000, fam!

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: The Lana del Rey line controversy - We back in 2000, fam

Postby Mr Change » Nov 13th, '14, 21:14

boonim wrote:
Ares wrote:this whole controversy is good for Em imo
he will have something to rap about again

He will have the same thing to rap about again.

I wonder what he's thinking with regard to the direction he wants to take his music. He surely couldn't have given up on coming with some completely new topics.

Going by old Em philosophy though...

controversy= better, more emotional music
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby firebrand » Nov 14th, '14, 00:12

Mr Change wrote:The media doesn't make sense.

It's Eminem lyrics. You shouldn't pay attention it to--yada yada, don't take it seriously--this or that

That's true.

But if you're gonna get pissy about something, how can these people sleep at night knowing they're causing a ruckus over the Lana Del Rey thing when Eminem mentioned the Tony Stewart accident?

These people are backwards, I swear. You'd think the headlines would read

"INFAMOUS RAP STAR EMINEM MAKES LIGHT OF TONY STEWART MURDER ACCIDENT"

Its all in the script m8
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 14th, '14, 00:17

Menzo wrote:It's cuz the media doesn't care about men or their well being. We live in a feminist world.

*preps for feminist uproar*

queue calandre
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Nov 14th, '14, 00:36

DetroitSkills wrote:
Menzo wrote:It's cuz the media doesn't care about men or their well being. We live in a feminist world.

queue calandre

:laughing: TRUTH.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby EminemInsider » Nov 14th, '14, 02:32

Menzo wrote:
Melanie wrote:How do you bunch someone?

Dunno sis, I made several typos in that post :laughing:

csw621 wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/11/12/how-eminem-peddles-misogyny-as-a-tool-to-sell-records/

I couldn't even make it past the first paragraph...

Lmao.

“Eminem’s uber-misogynistic lyric toward Lana del Rey is neither shocking nor surprising,” wrote the Guardian’s Britt Julious.

Anyone who uses 'uber' to describe something should be like Anderson Cooper AND GET A TUBA CRAMMED UP THEIR LOOSENED - wait dude, I can't...

Well, it's the fact that the author used "uber" to intensify something that isn't even true. Not only is it not uber-misogynystic, it's not even misogynistic at all. Talking about punching one woman isn't misogyny. Feminists love doing this, though. If someone says something bad about or does something bad to someone who happens to be a woman, it's "misogyny." Just as if the "victim" happens to be black, it's "racist."

If it's a white male, everything's cool.
Canning: What will it say on your tombstone?
Charlie Sheen: Something dot com.

Canibus & Eminem Converse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB62t2_wJE
EminemInsider
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 14th, '14, 02:36

DetroitSkills wrote:

queue calandre

Lol
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TheVipBro » Nov 14th, '14, 03:43

Has young turka mentioned this?
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Nov 14th, '14, 03:47

TheVipBro wrote:Has young turka mentioned this?

Lol, Young Turks is filth. Who cares?
ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

Postby kkaniff » Nov 14th, '14, 05:57

@boonim
Some of the points made in that article are interesting. One is that the criticism can now be directly expressed on social media. I think the implication is that you don't actually have to go out and protest. So, if it becomes a "thing" to bash Em, then it could have some serious consequences for his image/sales.
The second thing is that "he's done it all before, and he has nothing new". Which is also serious if it becomes a "thing" because that would mean he is irrelevant and can't much influence pop-culture anymore.

The part in italics has always been a thing, and it's the reason he became popular in the first place, not no much because he was abusive but because the abuse sparked discussion about the limits of free speech and music censorship.
The bolded, however, is extremely troubling because it seems to be the reaction even most of the Eminem fans on here have toward the line "oh, Eminem always says controversial stuff" which strips his music of meaning/message (making him no more than a shock artist).
I saw a CthaGod Tweet posted where he said something along those lines and people were going with it.
It makes no sense.
If Eminem gets flack for swearing at the Concert For Valor, the reaction shouldn't be "oh, it's Eminem, not surprised", it should be "Why, exactly, can't this man swear?"
If he gets flack for touching on sensitive issues, the sensitive issues and society's hypocrisy/obsession with them, should be discussed as Em no doubt intended.
That's the worrying part in all of this for me, that nobody I've seen (celeb or otherwise, except maybe EminemInsider) has thought to comment on the outrage beyond "lel, controversy" or "it's Eminem".
Hope you get the gist of the rant^, Ion really like to proofread/format/do anything other than stream of consc.
Also, are you a new member @boonim? You should definitely post more, I'll look forward to reading them.
@Atone
Your post, if serious, was retarded in the extreme.
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 14th, '14, 06:04

kkaniff wrote:@boonim
Some of the points made in that article are interesting. One is that the criticism can now be directly expressed on social media. I think the implication is that you don't actually have to go out and protest. So, if it becomes a "thing" to bash Em, then it could have some serious consequences for his image/sales.
The second thing is that "he's done it all before, and he has nothing new". Which is also serious if it becomes a "thing" because that would mean he is irrelevant and can't much influence pop-culture anymore.

The part in italics has always been a thing, and it's the reason he became popular in the first place, not no much because he was abusive but because the abuse sparked discussion about the limits of free speech and music censorship.
The bolded, however, is extremely troubling because it seems to be the reaction even most of the Eminem fans on here have toward the line "oh, Eminem always says controversial stuff" which strips his music of meaning/message (making him no more than a shock artist).
I saw a CthaGod Tweet posted where he said something along those lines and people were going with it.
It makes no sense.
If Eminem gets flack for swearing at the Concert For Valor, the reaction shouldn't be "oh, it's Eminem, not surprised", it should be "Why, exactly, can't this man swear?"
If he gets flack for touching on sensitive issues, the sensitive issues and society's hypocrisy/obsession with them, should be discussed as Em no doubt intended.
That's the worrying part in all of this for me, that nobody I've seen (celeb or otherwise, except maybe EminemInsider) has thought to comment on the outrage beyond "lel, controversy" or "it's Eminem".
Hope you get the gist of the rant^, Ion really like to proofread/format/do anything other than stream of consc.
Also, are you a new member @boonim? You should definitely post more, I'll look forward to reading them.
@Atone
Your post, if serious, was retarded in the extreme.

I mostly agree. :y:
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby firebrand » Nov 14th, '14, 09:33

I love it how everyone pretends this isn't Hollywood or business. His life became a movie, and who do you think writes the script? If you get worked up about this, whichever side your on, then you're playing into the whole scheme.
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Fleka » Nov 14th, '14, 10:03

World, in general, is retarded.

Here you have that Tony Stewart line, which is far more worse and offending than Lana del Ray line. But when you bitch about Eminem talking about a guy that ran over another guy (I had no idea who Tony Stewart was or what he did until the cypher), it does not ring as much as it does when you bitch about Eminem punching a pop star in the face. Female pop star.

That will give you everybody`s attention. Because we (the whole world) have this acting pattern worked out. White people saying the N-word is OH MY GOD HOW YOU DARE, YOU ARE A RACIST!!!! Black people saying honkey, cracker... no big deal. My point here-there are things that are more offending than others by some defaullt, created by people over time. It`s ok if a black person calls me cracker, but if I say the N-word-I`m a racist.

Same goes here, it does not matter what is more offending, it matters what will create a bigger buzz.

Post an article about a book show or something about stocks or something about government that affects people and post an article about Kim Kardashian eating an icecream after shopping for shoes and count how many reads you get on each.

People (most of them) care about stupid stuff and you need to write about stupid stuff to be noticed. And when you spend your life caring about stupid stuff-you get stupid.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby firebrand » Nov 14th, '14, 10:29

Fleka wrote:World, in general, is retarded.

Here you have that Tony Stewart line, which is far more worse and offending than Lana del Ray line. But when you bitch about Eminem talking about a guy that ran over another guy (I had no idea who Tony Stewart was or what he did until the cypher), it does not ring as much as it does when you bitch about Eminem punching a pop star in the face. Female pop star.

That will give you everybody`s attention. Because we (the whole world) have this acting pattern worked out. White people saying the N-word is OH MY GOD HOW YOU DARE, YOU ARE A RACIST!!!! Black people saying honkey, cracker... no big deal. My point here-there are things that are more offending than others by some defaullt, created by people over time. It`s ok if a black person calls me cracker, but if I say the N-word-I`m a racist.

Same goes here, it does not matter what is more offending, it matters what will create a bigger buzz.

Post an article about a book show or something about stocks or something about government that affects people and post an article about Kim Kardashian eating an icecream after shopping for shoes and count how many reads you get on each.

People (most of them) care about stupid stuff and you need to write about stupid stuff to be noticed. And when you spend your life caring about stupid stuff-you get stupid.

:y:
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby ShadyNarcotic » Nov 14th, '14, 10:30

Fleka wrote:World, in general, is retarded.

Wise words man, thank you for not being blind :worship:
ImageImage
ShadyNarcotic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby kkaniff » Nov 14th, '14, 11:20

A lot of this is actually Eminem's own fault, btw, if he gave a coherent/intelligent interview categorically stating his position on the whole homophobia/misogyny BS and why he continues to reference it, then all these articles/butthurt writers wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
But noooo, he saves all his intelligence for his studio sessions and becomes a bumbling retard when interviewed.
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem