The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Shady XV General Discussion

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Shady XV General Discussion

Postby 4Corners » Nov 29th, '14, 04:32

Idk how some cant listen to MMLP2 and XV and hear the DRASTIC difference in Ems flow.

Em got more credit for HTS and MMLP2 than he had in years....kinda feel he fell back in that regard here.

Nearly everyone ive talked to in person or on other sites isnt fucking with XV aside from a track or two here and there.
4Corners
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Marshall Rin » Nov 29th, '14, 04:42

Mr Change wrote:
Marshall Rin wrote:Paul tweeted this link
http://www.complex.com/music/2014/11/eminem-best-guest-verses-shady-records/
10 BEST GUEST VERSE OF MARSHALL. :zipped: :zipped: :zipped: :zipped:

are u danny brown

cause dats OLD

nahhh.. yeah old PAUL tweeted it 12 hours ago.
Shady Maniac
Marshall Rin
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Kill You » Nov 29th, '14, 04:55

4Corners wrote:Idk how some cant listen to MMLP2 and XV and hear the DRASTIC difference in Ems flow.

Em got more credit for HTS and MMLP2 than he had in years....kinda feel he fell back in that regard here.

Nearly everyone ive talked to in person or on other sites isnt fucking with XV aside from a track or two here and there.

Good for them. Luckily other people's opinions don't effect my own.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby csw621 » Nov 29th, '14, 05:07

4Corners wrote:Idk how some cant listen to MMLP2 and XV and hear the DRASTIC difference in Ems flow.

Shit, I thought you were gone
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 29th, '14, 05:09

Finally got around to listening to this, it's lyrically fire.

I fucking hate to be on this side of the argument but I did find some of the flows particulArily on "fine line" and "right for me" a little off putting. I didn't find them very rhythmic, it felt like he didn't even acknowledge the beat was there sometimes which is a shame because I love the production. To be clear, I didn't hate those songs, and I warmed up more on the second listen.

I'm not saying I'm right, that was just my first impression and the way my ears interpreted those flows. He's certaintly not off beat and I wouldnt describe the flows in the songs I mentioned as choppy, just kind of like his mind is scattered all over the beat.

I'm still very impressed with this project, I loved shady xv, Vegas and twisted Paticularily. I found the lyricism to be dizzying theoughout the project. Even though I wish he would use some more easy going head nodding flows, Other flows on the project were insane. Vegas had me grinning all the way through.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 4Corners » Nov 29th, '14, 05:16

Kill You wrote:

same here. Just stating what the general reception is away from here where 99% stan over new em music no matter what
4Corners
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 29th, '14, 05:20

4Corners wrote:
Kill You wrote:

same here. Just stating what the general reception is away from here where 99% stan over new em music no matter what

You're also looking for people's opinions who agree with your own, it's a bias and I don't think it's intentional but I don't think you alone can speak for the consensus. That said I wouldn't be surprised if people can't vibe to some of these flows, they're not all an easy intitial listen at least on a musical level, at least in my opinion.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby csw621 » Nov 29th, '14, 05:21

4Corners wrote:
Kill You wrote:

Guess how much we care
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Chris_Provoke » Nov 29th, '14, 05:47

csw621 wrote:
4Corners wrote:
Kill You wrote:

Guess how much we care

Wow.. Now I see why you get clowned on. You sound like a fuckin' 5 year old, talk about obnoxious.
Chris_Provoke
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Nov 29th, '14, 05:53

Sorry do I know you
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ganjakush56 » Nov 29th, '14, 07:58

so much bitch made animosity between niggas on this forum lolol
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

Ego: the pathology of human consciousness
ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Nov 29th, '14, 08:11

They wanna talk shit let em talk shit cuz they talk shit knowin deep down they really just wanna squash it
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BelowZero9 » Nov 29th, '14, 10:15

favorite song is Die Alone. Effective pop song with great chorus. I also love most of Psychopath Killer
BelowZero9
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Drax207 » Nov 29th, '14, 13:11

Some flows definitely needs several listens to get used to. But at the end of the day, he's absolutely NOT off-beat, he's well aware of it.

It's just that he didn't focus on perfectly riding it.
My Music Box, #1 Em song              <Insert Insult Here>            #Slumerican

Mr. Porter wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:I also thought he sounded off-beat.

Porter plz, don't you have a youtube awards performance to fuck up

As a matter of fact I do. Thanks for reminding me.
Drax207
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Nov 29th, '14, 17:20

Drax207 wrote:Some flows definitely needs several listens to get used to. But at the end of the day, he's absolutely NOT off-beat, he's well aware of it.

It's just that he didn't focus on perfectly riding it.

I don't hear all of this "off beat" shit people are bitching about. Rapping fast isn't off beat lol he is very on beat.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem