The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Shady XV General Discussion

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Shady XV - First Impressions

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 20th, '14, 19:54

Dawid wrote:
bigray wrote:Shady XV - 10/10
Psychopath Killer 9/10
Die Alone - 8.5/10
Vegas - 10/10
Y'all Ready Know - 9/10
Guts over Fear - 7.5/10
Down - 9.5/10
Bane - 8.5/10
Fine Line - 10/10
Twisted - 9.5/10
Right For Me - 9/10
Detroit vs Everybody - 9/10
Till Its Gone - 10/10
Lose Yourself 2 - 9/10

ALBUM OF THE YEAR :smoking:

becayse fuck mr change, but... this isnt lose yourself 2 b
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Drax207 » Nov 20th, '14, 19:55

ShadyXV - 7/10
Psychopath Killer - 8.5/10
Die Alone - 7.5/10
YRK - 6/10
GoF - 6.5/10
Down - 8/10
Bane - 5/10
Fine Line - 9.5/10
Twisted - 9.5/10
Right For Me - 8/10
Detroit vs Everybody - 8.5/10

On first listen, so I guess it's not definitive.
My Music Box, #1 Em song              <Insert Insult Here>            #Slumerican

Mr. Porter wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:I also thought he sounded off-beat.

Porter plz, don't you have a youtube awards performance to fuck up

As a matter of fact I do. Thanks for reminding me.
Drax207
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Josh » Nov 20th, '14, 19:55

Zarra wrote:
Josh wrote:
OfficialZep wrote:Shady XV - 6/10
Psychopath Killer 7/10
Die Alone - 5/10
Vegas - 8/10
Y'all Ready Know - 5/10
Guts over Fear - 4/10
Down - 5/10
Bane - 4/10
Fine Line - 7/10
Twisted - 6/10
Right For Me - 8/10
Detroit vs Everybody - 7/10
Till Its Gone - 5/10
Lose Yourself 2 - 8/10

nigga pls this ain't Encore

i like u :8)
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AAAAAAAAAAND » Nov 20th, '14, 20:04

Shady XV: 9.5/10
Psychopath Killer: 9/10
Die Alone: 5.5/10
Vegas: 9/10
Y'all Ready Know: 8.5/10
Guts Over Fear: 8/10
Down: 8/10
Bane: 6.5/10
Fine Line: 9/10
Twisted: 9/10
Right For Me: 9.5/10
Detroit vs. Everybody: 7.5/10

Overall a success. 8.5/10
Jump around.

TES>MMLP, Encore>Recovery, MMLP2>SSLP, Relapse>All
AAAAAAAAAAND
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Lezu » Nov 20th, '14, 20:10

Aone10 wrote:Shady XV - 10/10
Perfect opener. Love the production and the way he just goes off for 5 minutes, some vintage-esque Eminem shit on here without a doubt.

Psychopath Killer - 10/10
The hook is amazing and everybody on here destroyed their verses. I wish Shady 2.0 collaborated more often these days the way 1.0 did, I feel they are more than capable of outshining 1.0 if they can keep making records like this one.

Die Alone - 8.5/10
The song feels like it should've come in later on in the album, Eminem had good verses, but the hook and beat bring the song down a bit.

Vegas - 10/10
Love the beat on this, doesn't sound like typical Eminem production.... he's definitely experimenting. Both Em and Royce had great verses, but Em clearly out did Royce on this one. We need another BME project if they are both going to be as on point as they are on this album (and the cypher).

Y'all Ready Know - 9/10
Don't understand the hate on this, it's probably one of Slaughterhouse's best songs tbh. It's what the group is supposed to be about, making posse cuts and just killing it on some rap shit.... add that to an amazing Premier beat and you have a great song that does what it's supposed to do. It's placement on the album is perfect and while I can't find myself enjoying a full album following the same format, this song in particular is an excellent showcase as to what Slaughterhouse is capable of when all of the emcees are at their best.

Guts Over Fear - 8.5/10
I've talked about this song on here before. I love Em's verses, but I'm not fond of the extended hook and Sia's singing.

Down - 9/10
Classic Yelawolf. Rap-rock infused instrumental, excellent flow, great hook, and solid verses.

Bane - 6.5/10
Biggest let down on this album. The beat sounds like some shit my friend made when he was learning to use Fruity Loops in high school and the hook is horrendous auto-tuned bullshit. Swift and Kuniva had great verses, but it's not enough to make this song listenable.... only garbage shit on this otherwise amazing compilation.

Fine Line - 10/10
One of my favorite songs on the album. Love the introspection, the piano on the beat, the sampled hook, and Eminem's delivery and flow on it. Perfect

Twisted - 10/10
This song honestly blew me away. I actually loved Skylar's singing on it, Eminem was solid as well.... but the Yelawolf verse! Did not expect him to come out like that, amazing. Another one of my favorites on this.

Right For Me - 10/10
One of my favorite beats on this and Eminem shreds it, as usual.

Detroit Vs. Everybody - 9/10
I've talked on this. Royce had an awesome verse, Big Sean surprised me with a solid verse, Danny Brown had a great verse, and Eminem stole the show at the end. I love the beat as well, the only thing I don't like about the song is the hook.... but it's not like it's annoyingly long, it doesn't bother me enough to bring the overall quality of the song down.

Till It's Gone - 10/10
One of my favorite Yelawolf songs of all time. Nuff said

Overall, this album has been one hell of a surprise and has exceeded my expectations in a major way. Nearly every single song on it is great, the songs flow seamlessly in and out of each other for the most part, and Eminem sounds better than he did on MMLP2 on a majority of the songs. Easily and by far one of the best albums I've heard this year.

9/10

Nah m8, nothing will outshine You Don't Know. Image
Lezu
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AAAAAAAAAAND » Nov 20th, '14, 20:11

Oh yeah, 'Till it's gone is the shit too. 9.5/10
Jump around.

TES>MMLP, Encore>Recovery, MMLP2>SSLP, Relapse>All
AAAAAAAAAAND
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Josh » Nov 20th, '14, 20:11

Perfect opener. Love the production and the way he just goes off for 5 minutes, some vintage-esque Eminem shit on here without a doubt.

The hook is amazing and everybody on here destroyed their verses. I wish Shady 2.0 collaborated more often these days the way 1.0 did, I feel they are more than capable of outshining 1.0 if they can keep making records like this one.

Die Alone - 8.5/10
The song feels like it should've come in later on in the album, Eminem had good verses, but the hook and beat bring the song down a bit.

Vegas - 10/10
Love the beat on this, doesn't sound like typical Eminem production.... he's definitely experimenting. Both Em and Royce had great verses, but Em clearly out did Royce on this one. We need another BME project if they are both going to be as on point as they are on this album (and the cypher).

Y'all Ready Know - 9/10
Don't understand the hate on this, it's probably one of Slaughterhouse's best songs tbh. It's what the group is supposed to be about, making posse cuts and just killing it on some rap shit.... add that to an amazing Premier beat and you have a great song that does what it's supposed to do. It's placement on the album is perfect and while I can't find myself enjoying a full album following the same format, this song in particular is an excellent showcase as to what Slaughterhouse is capable of when all of the emcees are at their best.

Guts Over Fear - 8.5/10
I've talked about this song on here before. I love Em's verses, but I'm not fond of the extended hook and Sia's singing.

Down - 9/10
Classic Yelawolf. Rap-rock infused instrumental, excellent flow, great hook, and solid verses.

Bane - 6.5/10
Biggest let down on this album. The beat sounds like some shit my friend made when he was learning to use Fruity Loops in high school and the hook is horrendous auto-tuned bullshit. Swift and Kuniva had great verses, but it's not enough to make this song listenable.... only garbage shit on this otherwise amazing compilation.

Fine Line - 10/10
One of my favorite songs on the album. Love the introspection, the piano on the beat, the sampled hook, and Eminem's delivery and flow on it. Perfect

Twisted - 10/10
This song honestly blew me away. I actually loved Skylar's singing on it, Eminem was solid as well.... but the Yelawolf verse! Did not expect him to come out like that, amazing. Another one of my favorites on this.

Right For Me - 10/10

I've talked on this. Royce had an awesome verse, Big Sean surprised me with a solid verse, Danny Brown had a great verse, and Eminem stole the show at the end. I love the beat as well, the only thing I don't like about the song is the hook.... but it's not like it's annoyingly long, it doesn't bother me enough to bring the overall quality of the song down.

Till It's Gone - 10/10

Overall, this album has been one hell of a surprise and has exceeded my expectations in a major way. Nearly every single song on it is great, the songs flow seamlessly in and out of each other for the most part, and Eminem sounds better than he did on MMLP2 on a majority of the songs. Easily and by far one of the best albums I've heard this year.

9/10

perfect :y:
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kahleb » Nov 20th, '14, 20:12

Eminem - Shady XV - 10/10

Oh my fucking god. This track man.

Just pure lyrical rawness all the way through.

Also that FACK mention was awesome, didn't expect it in the first song.
I was spoiled about it before, but I didn't know which song it was in.

Absolute fire.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slaughterhouse - Psychopath Killer ft. Eminem & Yelawolf - 9/10

I can't even.

Alright, Slaughterhouse went in. Especially liked Crooked and Royce's verse.

Yelawolf was great on the hook, and Em fucking murdered this.

What was that line about his mom and a rimjob though? I gotta look that shit up later.

Wasn't expecting the Bagpipes From Bagdad mention either to be honest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eminem - Die Alone - 7/10

This was a weird one for me. I felt like the mixing was kind of off compared to the first two.
Also, I'm not a huge fan of the hook.

The verses were on point and emotional, my favorite being the last verse.

It didn't hit me as hard as Headlights, but it makes for a good emotional song in any case.

Who knows, it might grow on me after a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad Meets Evil - Vegas - 9.5/10

Damn, this song is still fucking fire. I heard it this morning when it leaked, before the rest of the album did.

What can I even say, Em has bars for days and Royce definitely holds his own as well.

Em's Nicki impression was spot-on.

Also, I'm pretty sure Em mentioned Robin Williams at one part, then there was a reversed bit.
So while everyone's bitching about the Iggy line, there might actually be one even worse in there.
I'll have to wait until someone reverses it to find out though.

Royce had some great lines in here as well, he sounded a bit different though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yelawolf - Down - 9/10

Classic Yela, he's been killing damn near everything he's been on recently.

This song is no exception.

This makes me more anxious for Love Story though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D12 - Bane - 7/10

The hook was pretty good, the verses were better than I expected.

I'm honestly not sure what I think about this one yet to be fair.

But wow, Em really fucked D12 over. One song, and Em didn't even provide a verse for them.

I feel like D12 is getting no love here. Also, shots fired with the "Back is the rejects" line.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eminem - Fine Line - 9.5/10

As of now, I strongly prefer this song to Die Alone in terms of emotional content.

His flow was really good on this, and the passion behind it made this song really enjoyable.

Also, I fucking love the sample used for the chorus.

It's a touching, but enjoyable song.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skylar Grey, Eminem & Yelawolf - Twisted - 8/10

Em showing off his singing again ala Stronger Than I Was.

Skylar Grey does a good job on this, I definitely preferred this chorus to Asshole.

Also, Yelawolf was the only one with a verse and he killed it.

I thought that "she don't give a shit" part was oddly shoehorned into the song and they could've done
something better with that. But other than that my qualms with this song aren't very many.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eminem - Right For Me - 8.5/10

The chorus was not really to my liking, at all.

Anyway, the verses more than made up for the hook.

They were trippy as fuck, and reminded me of ShadyXV a bit in the terms of just being lyrical.

Besides the hook, I really liked this song.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eminem - Lose Yourself (Original Demo, two verses) - 8/10

2002 Em, what the fuck else can I say?

For a scrapped song, this isn't half bad.

Also, for the first time people get to hear two unreleased verses from 2002.

People asked for old Em and they got old Em.

I still prefer the current Lose Yourself, but you get this weird vibe hearing
how it orginally sounded. Also, a great finale for the album.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Kahleb on Nov 20th, '14, 20:13, edited 2 times in total.
"I go to trshady, look how many hugs I get!"

"I murder a mime, one word at a time."
Kahleb
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Kill You » Nov 20th, '14, 20:12

Die Alone - 8.5/10

Vegas - 10/10

Y'all Ready Know - 9/10

Guts Over Fear - 8.5/10

Down - 9/10

Bane - 6.5/10

Fine Line - 10/10

Twisted - 10/10

Right For Me - 10/10

Till It's Gone - 10/10

9/10

Only thing I disagree with is Die Alone's beat. I think it's great. :flower:
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby unbound88 » Nov 20th, '14, 20:22

Listening to this album makes you feel kind of insane, in a good way. :twisted:

Hope they make Twisted a single, the video :flutter:
My laser disc'll make you take a razor to your wrist,
Make you Satanistic, make you take the pistol to your face
and place the clip and cock it back
and let it go until your brains are rippin out
your skull so bad to sew you back would be a waste of stitches
unbound88
Soldier
Soldier

Postby XxachiganxX » Nov 20th, '14, 20:33

Just gonna copy and paste what I said in the anticipation thread.

Im on my like 10th play through haha. I just have a few complaints but over all its a fucking great album.

Die Alone is kind of messy and I dont care for the Chorus at all, on a positive note the beat is really good. Guts Over Fear doesn't even feel like fits at all. Bane I actually dont mind and its playing as Im typing this. I just wish Em jumped on it, that was a huge let down. I REALLY wish Em had a verse on Twisted and dropped Skylar... Yela fucking nailed it. Right For Me could have been mixed better and I feel like hes going a little fast for that beat.

Now for the Positives, There is a lot of them and I cant name them all. I will just ramble off a few stand out moments for me. VEGAS... thats all there. The production and content is on point mostly throughout the entire project. Fine Line is something special that Im sure myself and many others will be bumping for along time. Yela Yela Yela shined anytime he was involved. Gonna be spinning this for a long time.

I give it a 9/10 overall :)

Dont kill me but ShadyXV >>>>>> MMLP2
"Tired of backstabbing ass snakes with friendly grins"
XxachiganxX
Soldier
Soldier

Postby StillShady_ » Nov 20th, '14, 20:34

Die Alone - 8.5/10

Vegas - 10/10

Y'all Ready Know - 9/10

Guts Over Fear - 8.5/10

Down - 9/10

Bane - 6.5/10

Fine Line - 10/10

Twisted - 10/10

Right For Me - 10/10

Till It's Gone - 10/10

9/10

Nice man

:y:
Number 4: I know you heard this before
"Never get high on your own supply"

...7: this rule is so underrated
Keep your family and business completely separated
Money and blood don't mix like two dicks and no bitch
Find yourself in serious shit
StillShady_
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Ation » Nov 20th, '14, 20:34

On the first listen, because of Eminem's experimentality, I didn't quite feel the tracks tbh. Like, in my head I was expecting the song to continue in a certain way but then it turned out to be all different and for that reason it sounded odd and it threw me off. BUT, when the songs got to the part that was in the snippets, that I was already familiar with, it sounded good and also now that I've listened every song a few times it's waaay better. Atm I'd rank disc X's tracks as follows:

#1 Vegas
#2 Right For Me
#3 Fine Line
#4 Shady XV
#5 Guts Over Fear
#6 Psychopath Killer
#7 Die Alone
#8 Down
#9 Detroit Vs. Everybody
#10 Twisted
#11 Y'all Ready Know
#12 Bane

Will rate them after I've listened a bit more.
Ation
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby slims » Nov 20th, '14, 20:35

unbound88 wrote:Listening to this album makes you feel kind of insane, in a good way. :twisted:

it's your inner slim shady coming out.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Zarra » Nov 20th, '14, 20:35

Melanie wrote:
unbound88 wrote:Listening to this album makes you feel kind of insane, in a good way. :twisted:

it's your inner slim shady coming out.
"A pain in my neck, thorn in my side
Stain on my blade, blood on my knife
Been dreaming of her, all of my life
But she won't come true, she's just my nightmare I woke up to."
Zarra
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem