The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Iggy fires back at Em

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Iggy fires back at Em

Postby SliK » Nov 28th, '14, 01:17

Snakebeast wrote:
SliK wrote:He never said he'd rape or kill anyone specifically, not people he didnt have some kind of beef with. He used to only attack pop stars and pop culture icons to separate himself from that image. By this stage of his career he has a totally different motivation for doing it. Even as a joke, hearing someone say they're going to rape you is understandably offensive.

Same Song and Dance has him dedicating entire verses to specific people. If that's not old enough for you, he talks about fucking Liz Claiborne to death on As the World Turns. It's clear he's not serious and the absurdity of all of these verses makes it obvious he's not serious. If you know Em's music, it's fairly obvious he's joking.

No he didn't fuck Liz Claiborne to death go listen to the song again lol. And I don't like Relapse

Like I said, I know he's joking. I'm not aruing thT fact. You're a moron if you think I think Em genuinely wants to rape iggy. All I'm saying is jokes like that are in poor taste and she has the right to be offended.
Last edited by SliK on Nov 28th, '14, 01:20, edited 2 times in total.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Nov 28th, '14, 01:18

SliK wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:
SliK wrote:He never said he'd rape or kill anyone specifically, not people he didnt have some kind of beef with. He used to only attack pop stars and pop culture icons to separate himself from that image. By this stage of his career he has a totally different motivation for doing it. Even as a joke, hearing someone say they're going to rape you is understandably offensive.

Same Song and Dance has him dedicating entire verses to specific people. If that's not old enough for you, he talks about fucking Liz Claiborne to death on As the World Turns. It's clear he's not serious and the absurdity of all of these verses makes it obvious he's not serious. If you know Em's music, it's fairly obvious he's joking.

No didn't fuck Liz Claiborne to death go listen to the song again lol.

And I don't like Relapse

With one leg left, now I'm hoppin' around crippled
I grabbed my pocket knife and sliced off her right nipple
Just tryna buy me some time then I remembered this magic trick
Duh-dah-duh-dah-duh-duh, go-go gadget dick!
Whipped that shit out, and ain't no doubt about it
It hit the ground and caused an earthquake and power outage
I shouted, now bitch, let's see who gets the best
Stuffed that shit in crooked and fucked that fat slut to death
(Come here bitch, come here, take this mothafuckin' dick bitch, come here)

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Nov 28th, '14, 01:20

It's not Liz Claiborne you clown
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Nov 28th, '14, 01:21

Menzo wrote:Breh he said she smells like Liz Claiborne.

He still talks about raping someone to death lel

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Nov 28th, '14, 01:23

Snakebeast wrote:

No it wasn't even rape though because she charged at him full speed and nothing could stop her, she was the one that was spread across the bed naked, she said "come here big boy let's get acquainted"

It wasn't rape and it was a totally fictitious character anyway.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Nov 28th, '14, 01:36

SliK wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:

No it wasn't even rape though because she charged at him full speed and nothing could stop her, she was the one that was spread across the bed naked, she said "come here big boy let's get acquainted"

It wasn't rape and it was a totally fictitious character anyway.

He FUCKED HER TO DEATH. At some point, I'm pretty sure it was rape.

Oh, okay, so you know he's joking. How is it in poor taste, though? He's said before numerous times that dissing celebrities is like pulling names out of a hat. If your name goes with the rhyme scheme or just pops into his head, he'll throw you on there. She has the right to be offended, but I don't think Em's in the wrong. I hate to use this excuse, but it's true. Em's playing a character. Do you think he'd actually do half the shit he says?

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Nov 28th, '14, 01:56

If I call a black man a stinking jobless nigger AS A JOKE is it ok, just because I'm joking? How would it be in poor taste of its a joke?

Seriously? You're an idiot. Hearing soneone say they'll rape a woman and seeing thousands of people jump on board and attack her for being offended really isn't funny at all to me.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby firebrand » Nov 28th, '14, 02:05

SliK wrote:If I call a black man a stinking jobless nigger AS A JOKE is it ok, just because I'm joking? How would it be in poor taste of its a joke?

Seriously? You're an idiot. Hearing soneone say they'll rape a woman and seeing thousands of people jump on board and attack her for being offended really isn't funny at all to me.

When did you hear anyone say they'd rape anyone?

Edit - He didn't say he was gonna rape her. The line MIGHT imply that but it was never said the way that Iggy took it so maybe people are being too sensitive
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Nov 28th, '14, 02:27

No, the line DOES imply it. There is no question about it.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby firebrand » Nov 28th, '14, 02:41

SliK wrote:No, the line DOES imply it. There is no question about it.

Yes it IMPLIES it but doesn't state he will or wants to do it and therefore has been taken too sensitively. Again I ask when did you hear anyone say they're going to or want to rape Iggy?
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Nov 28th, '14, 02:48

You don't get to decide how "sensitively" someone takes an insult lol, what the fuck are you talking about?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby firebrand » Nov 28th, '14, 02:52

SliK wrote:You don't get to decide how "sensitively" someone takes an insult lol, what the fuck are you talking about?

You still haven't answered a question put to you twice, that shows an awful lack of confidence in your stance, so before I answer your question at least answer mine
firebrand
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Nov 28th, '14, 02:59

We both know what he said, so I'm not sure what you want me to do? Do you want me to type out the line or something?

The implication of rape is offensive, my argument is that she has a right to be offended. If you're not arguing that point then you're not arguing a point I'm making so not sure why you're even taking to me. Are you mad I don't wholeheartedly adore everything Eminem says and does? :unsure:
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AnAngryBlonde » Nov 28th, '14, 03:12

If he did something like bizarre and made an entire song on how he wants to rape iggy (or in Bizarre's case, Justin Bieber) then yeah I can see somebody having a valid argument of getting legitimately upset. But in a case like this with only one (implied) reference to raping her in the whole song? C'mon now.

Is it fucked up? yeah probably. But is it something truly worth getting mad over? No, not really.

That's not to say that saying your gonna rape somebody on track (by name) is ok, I just don't think a situation like this is a great example to demonstrate it. There are far worse songs/lyrics out there that involve the implication or act of rape in Rap to get offended by that one can possibly get mad about the iggy line in Vegas.
I'm tryna clean up my fuckin' image so I promised the fuckin' critics
I wouldn't say fuckin' for six minutes (Six minutes, Slim Shady, you're on)
My baby's mom, bitch made me an angry blonde
So I made me a song, killed her and put Hailie on
AnAngryBlonde
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby boonim » Nov 28th, '14, 03:15

SliK wrote:We both know what he said, so I'm not sure what you want me to do? Do you want me to type out the line or something?

The implication of rape is offensive, my argument is that she has a right to be offended. If you're not arguing that point then you're not arguing a point I'm making so not sure why you're even taking to me. Are you mad I don't wholeheartedly adore everything Eminem says and does? :unsure:

The line is extremely offensive (though there is an argument to be made that it may not have been directed at Iggy). But I do think Iggy went a bit overboard with her instantaneous reaction by stating that the line constituted a "threat". Because...it's not a threat - it's one line in a very long song and the song is not about her. By calling it a threat she's attributing a very specific intent to the person who wrote the song -- if she believed it, she should have called the police. Perhaps in her hurry to react, she didn't think about exactly what her tweet implied. But I do wish she had taken a bit of time to think and, since Iggy claims to be hip-hop that she had the guts to diss him hard...in another song.

Just my 2 cents.
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem