The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

10 things fans desire(d) from Shady XV

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

10 things fans desire(d) from Shady XV

Postby UofLCard » Nov 22nd, '14, 06:33

Do you think he reached most of them? http://green-label.com/sound/10-things-were-excited-to-hear-from-eminem-shadyxv-album/s/rap-god-flow/

1. Rap God Flow
Eminem recently earned himself a Guinness World Record for his 2013 single “Rap God.” He was presented with this accolade for having the most words in one song, 1,560 words in six minutes and four seconds, to be precise. On ShadyXV, we’d like to see a continuation of Em’s “Rap God” flow, or even see him surpass it. Is that even possible?

2. Contemporary Features
Eminem has never been one to cram his album full of guest features, although it’s difficult to picture such a task being tricky. After all, who wouldn’t want to be featured on a Slim Shady project? That's why were super excited to hear this track called "Detroit Vs. Everybody," which features new school rappers Big Sean, Danny Brown, and DeJ Loaf. Props to Em for keeping up with the times.

3. Unheard Dr. Dre Production
Eminem and Dr. Dre’s chemistry in the studio is perpetual. Some of the most recognizable material in not just hip-hop, but also music history, has been crafted by the duo in the lab. Dr. Dre has been a staple on Eminem’s projects for the majority of his career, and a continuation of this tradition on ShadyXV will tick the box nicely for Shady romanticists. Since a few tracks have unidentified producers, we're praying Em and Dre are trying to pull a fast one on us. ShadyXV would be an ideal and fitting platform for Dre to showcase some new material, too, considering we don’t get to hear the talents of the great Doctor as much as we’d like.

4. D12
Despite the mainstream success of both their debut and sophomore projects, both being certified double platinum, D12 found themselves drifting into hip-hop’s shadows. Although a third album is said to be in the works, we’ve yet to hear new material from The Dirty Dozen. Even though a brand new D12 track doesn't look too likely to appear on ShadyXV based off the tracklist, at least we'll get "Purple Hills" on the greatest hit side of the album. A bit of nostalgia for the rap aficionados.

5. A Nod to the Battle Rap Culture
With the Eminem, Slaughterhouse and Shady Records-backed “Total Slaughter” event now in the rearview, battle rap fans are questioning what the next movements are for the aforementioned event, and what role, if any, Eminem might play in the sequel. Considering Em’s roots are entrenched in the battle rap culture, is it too much to envision a battle taking place on the album? Hints from battle-rappers Hollow Da Don and Dizaster of a potential battle with Em have been floating around the Internet since “Total Slaughter” took place on July 12 in New York.

6. A Shady Records Mega Single
The lyrical prowess of Shady Records was on showcase during their 2012 BET cypher,.Verbal acrobatics from Yelawolf, each member of Slaughterhouse, and finally Eminem sent a message to others in the industry. A facsimile of this on wax would be a hit with any Shady Records aficionado. The DJ Premier-produced "Y'all Ready Know" should definitely be a treat.

7. Glimpses of the Slim Shady of Old
Eminem has been able to create various characters on the mic, one of them being his alter ego, Slim Shady. Although fans have enjoyed Em’s growth as an emcee over the past decade, nods to the heckling and mocking Slim Shady of old is what many fanatics will be hoping for on his new release.

8. One Song That Chronicles Eminem’s Musical Journey
The history books have shown that intricate and detailed musical narratives are a stellar hit with Eminem’s core following. Mr. Mathers’s ability to piece together complex tales regarding life, music, and the bleak side of fame and fortune has been a major factor in his gargantuan success. After nearly two decades in the rap game, it’s time for some thorough reflection for the “Stan” artist. Such reflection could come in the form of a record that chronicles Eminem’s journey through music and life from his 1996 debut, Infinite, to his most recent 2013 release, The Marshall Mathers LP 2.

9. Classic Features
Earlier we mentioned the inclusion of the contemporary feature on ShadyXV,"Detroit Vs. Everybody," but considering the album is a reflection on Shady Records’ 15-year tenure in hip-hop, such a compilation wouldn’t be complete without paying homage to the past. What better way to make this nod to yesteryear than with a timeless feature from one of Em’s peers? Enter "Vegas" — a Bad Meets Evil track that's sure to let everyone know why Royce da 5'9" is Em's greatest collaborator of all time. We're excited to hear the full version of that one.

10. A Subsequent World Tour
Eminem is notorious for favoring the one-off show to a string of dates on the road. Earlier this year, Em said the following about his current standpoint on touring, “I'm good how it is right now — just kind of doing shows when I can do them. As far as being on the road, I don't know how that works for me right now... I'm not saying I'll never do that again. I'm just saying right now, this is what works for me.” Despite Eminem’s seeming disillusion with touring, a perfect way to mark Shady Records’ 15-year anniversary would be to take one of hip-hop’s most prolific labels on the road for the whole world to witness live.

My bad if this was posted in the past.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Re: 10 things fans desire(d) from Shady XV

Postby csw621 » Nov 22nd, '14, 06:34

I got everything I wanted out of this project.
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cityfan31 » Nov 22nd, '14, 12:31

Honestly, we got Lose Yourself, Fine Line, GoF, and Twisted...

Can't really enjoy any of the other Em verses...

First time I've felt that way.. :(
cityfan31
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 22nd, '14, 12:39

shouldnt have posted a source n took credit, this was well written and a good read haha
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Kill You » Nov 22nd, '14, 12:40

I would say he delivered on most, yeah.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Zarra » Nov 22nd, '14, 13:00

csw621 wrote:I got everything I wanted out of this project.
"A pain in my neck, thorn in my side
Stain on my blade, blood on my knife
Been dreaming of her, all of my life
But she won't come true, she's just my nightmare I woke up to."
Zarra
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby slickrickbangschicks » Nov 22nd, '14, 14:12

the only thing missing is a 50 cent or g unit feature
slickrickbangschicks
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SajN » Nov 22nd, '14, 14:14

UofLCard wrote:1. Rap God Flow
Eminem recently earned himself a Guinness World Record for his 2013 single “Rap God.” He was presented with this accolade for having the most words in one song, 1,560 words in six minutes and four seconds, to be precise. On ShadyXV, we’d like to see a continuation of Em’s “Rap God” flow, or even see him surpass it. Is that even possible?

Nope, not what I desired.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 22nd, '14, 14:14

Zarra wrote:
csw621 wrote:I got everything I wanted out of this project.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Raul » Nov 22nd, '14, 15:30

Kill You wrote:I would say he delivered on most, yeah.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby xZep » Nov 22nd, '14, 15:50

I doubt he will do a world tour until he retires
Lose yourself in this music, this moment we own it
We won't never let it go (go), you better move yourself
Because tomorrow's ass can wait
There is no time, to sit there and procrastinate

xZep
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby croatia » Nov 22nd, '14, 16:01

1. rg flow
desired but didn't get the flows on SXV may be fast but they are way different

3. Unheard Dr. Dre Production
desired as so much but didn't get

4. D12
desired but ended up being a bad song

7. Glimpses of the Slim Shady of Old

desired and got it on some aspects and some tracks but not much

8. One Song That Chronicles Eminem’s Musical Journey

(y)

9. Classic Features

desired, would've been so so happy if he got an Xzibit feature as he released a solo album and an album with B Real and Demrick at least it has great features excluding Sia

But seriously Em get Xzibit on a track before the guy stops making music!!

10. A Subsequent World Tour

He's never coming to Croatia and it'd be too expensive

My bad if this was posted in the past.
croatia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Recene » Nov 22nd, '14, 16:45

I can't possibly understand how people wouldn't like Vegas. Come on now... You must be deaf or something.
"Murder you on the track like Tony Stewart!"
Recene
Soldier
Soldier

Postby xZep » Nov 22nd, '14, 16:56

Vegas was prolly the best song on the album imo
Lose yourself in this music, this moment we own it
We won't never let it go (go), you better move yourself
Because tomorrow's ass can wait
There is no time, to sit there and procrastinate

xZep
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Zhadeix » Nov 22nd, '14, 17:45

xZep wrote:Vegas was prolly the best song on the album imo
Elision wrote:well no shit if it takes 41 minutes to download it's either being hosted from a remote african tribe hut with a string of floss connected to a tree outside for internet or it's not what it appears.

"Bitch I said that this mask ain't for hockey, hate Versace, Versace
I've got Münchausen by proxy
I'm making you sick don't pretend you can't hear me you deaf girl I said you was foxy"

#TeamMMLP #RosenbergSeason
Zhadeix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Eminem