The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Pitchfork gives Shady XV a great review

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Re: Pitchfork gives Shady XV a great review

Postby trentimus » Dec 1st, '14, 18:02

csw621 wrote:you're digging yourself into a hole lol. what rapper specifically, in your opinion is making better music right now?

J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, the rest of the TDE crew, Jay-Z, .. you dug yourself into a hole when you said "music" because I can go on for hours listing better musical acts.

He is TECHNICALLY as sound as ever.. but he isn't making good music. It's just RAPPITYSLICKSLAPPITY FAP FAP TRAP CAP CAP LAPPITY FAT *PAUSE* (enter high pitch delivery) SQUICKITY QUICK SLIPPITY RAP FAPPITY WAHPPITY *Oh there is a beat to this song? F*** it Imma Freestyl!) GIBBERY NONSENSE BLABBITY RETIREMENT SNAPPITY HIP HOP HOPPITY IMMA HIP HOP HEAD - Drop old school Hip Hop reference here - *flip old punchline here* SKIPPITY RAP HIPPITY. I am so old but I still run RIP RAPPITY CLAP - Ded-Beydb_dSu / Wa-EIGHT for IT, Stop-GO, THIS is EMPHAsized CAUse THis IS M-AIH, NE-EW De-Liv-ERY thAT- MakEZ No SenSE with tha....*pause* THE BEAT CAUSE I EAT IT.

Like Pitchfork said.. people who know hip-hop will likely, like me, glaze over when he goes into his little babbly flow. Not because it's complex.. because it is tired as fuck and makes no sense musically to do it over EVERY beat.
trentimus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Dec 1st, '14, 18:07

have you ever heard biterphobia? open mic? bad influence? this is how he used to rap ALL THE FUCKING TIME before he had an addiction problem (not sure if you heard) and couldn't... talk... faster... than... this... he flowed like that when he did because he had to not because he thought it sounded good. that slurring fucked up rap game/armageddon flow everyone wants to hear again is not marshall. he just needs to work on his storytelling, which in prep for his next lp i believe he is
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby trentimus » Dec 1st, '14, 18:09

csw621 wrote:have you ever heard biterphobia? open mic? bad influence? this is how he used to rap ALL THE FUCKING TIME before he had an addiction problem (not sure if you heard) and couldn't... talk... faster... than... this...

Have you heard his entire catalog? Does he really need to use the same bullshit flow over EVERY SINGLE SONG? Are you missing something here? I thought Forever verse went hard AF. Rap God he went hard AF. BUT WHY EVERY SONG!?

This is what you want? The same shit.. over and over and over and over and oh-VER! an-and OH-veeer?
trentimus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby trentimus » Dec 1st, '14, 18:14

Listen. I just hope for his next album he turns off the "double-time flow arsenal" on EVERY song.

I am tired of him trying to show us how many double-time flows he can do, and how technically crazy he is as a song-writer.

I just want to see him drop good, HONEST, music. I don't need a repeat of TES, but if he could go back to that maturity I'd be very pleased.

TES was littered with GOAT flows.
trentimus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Dec 1st, '14, 18:14

i did criticized relapse for using the same accent too much but this is a mixtape. it's so much better than the flow he used on we're back etc on the re up. and he almost died between then and now, come on dawg
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby trentimus » Dec 1st, '14, 18:18

csw621 wrote:i did criticized relapse for using the same accent too much but this is a mixtape. it's so much better than the flow he used on we're back etc on the re up. and he almost died between then and now, come on dawg

I respect that he went through some shit.. I just don't like that it feels forced. It's like he is trying to gauge what the audience wants instead of what he actually wants to put out. Look at how he took the criticism of Relapse.. dude is way to focused on us. We don't know WTF we want til an artist puts it out.

If this is what he wants to be, fine.. but I can't keep listening to it. But, I got 5 albums of dope music to fall back on.

For the next Eminem album... I will just hope all 3 singles don't feature the double time flow.
trentimus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Dec 1st, '14, 18:21

:b:
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BelowZero9 » Dec 3rd, '14, 12:38

they are a damn joke
BelowZero9
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Hamza1972 » Dec 3rd, '14, 15:21

BelowZero9 wrote:they are a damn joke

:y:
Hamza1972
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoda you can call me » Dec 3rd, '14, 19:56

I don't understand how so called fans of Eminem, that have listened to over 90 % of his music still don't get that he religiously switches his flows/styles with each project. Y'all suddenly start crying that he's gonna use a flow that you don't dig for the rest of his career. Em hates the idea of that more than you lot do fam. Just chill the fuck out peeps
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Previous

Return to Eminem