The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

ShadyXV #3 with 136k (it's flop?)

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

ShadyXV is flop? (talk about sales theme)

yes
39%
no
61%

Total votes : 33

Re: ShadyXV #3 with 136k (it's flop?)

Postby RFC1872 » Dec 3rd, '14, 19:27

killshady wrote:68k, guys!!!! someone on this forum say, it easy can 250k (500k)... this is really bad promotion...

this is reason, when Eminem forget his old fans, who remember 50, D12, Obie and not buy this album. only 1 new song from D12, without Em.

It isn't 68k, it is 136k first week. The double sales thing only works for certifications, for example if Shady XV sells 500,000 copies long term then it'd get a platinum certification (500k x 2).

You seem to be hellbent these past few weeks saying that Em is flopping with his recent releases, whilst conveniently leaving out that MMLP2 did 792,000 copies in its first week and topped the charts in more than 80 countries. There is fuck all money left in the music industry these days, the era of rappers going multi-platinum is over. Royalties are not what they used to be, which is why touring and merchandise sales are more important than ever to financially support musician's.
RFC1872
Soldier
Soldier

Postby The Shady Virus » Dec 3rd, '14, 19:46

Still sold more than most rap albums this year. I wouldn't call it a flop. The Music industry as a whole has become a flop. Too many pieces of shit stealing music with no intention to buy it.
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby DetroitSkills » Dec 3rd, '14, 19:54

The Shady Virus wrote:Still sold more than most rap albums this year. I wouldn't call it a flop. The Music industry as a whole has become a flop. Too many pieces of shit stealing music with no intention to buy it.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby killshady » Dec 3rd, '14, 20:08

The Shady Virus wrote:Still sold more than most rap albums this year. I wouldn't call it a flop. The Music industry as a whole has become a flop. Too many pieces of shit stealing music with no intention to buy it.

this is more talk about music quality. many new music albums is shit, and probably i'm not listen it for 2nd time any new album.

just see how Taylor Swift can sell 1.2 milli 1st week in 2014. Just talk about music quality. People not buy shit albums, and people even not listen it for free, this shit albums and not download this shit albums.

Just see how many times was downloaded Shadyxv probably on torrents, and how many times MMLP2. This is BIG DIFFERENT, if we are lost sales. And see how many times people listen ShadyXV on Spotify (for free).

this is not even about sales. this is about - even for free, many people even not listen this for free. and not interesting this.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Dec 3rd, '14, 20:20

Do you have any idea how many people are involved in making a taylor swift cd? Em does this shit all by himself, it's all him. Everything you hear was in his head and you should consider yourself lucky he's sharing it with you. No one puts out a product of this quality on their own anymore, nobody. I've asked people to name anyone, literally just one artist rhyming on em's level and they can't. jcole can barely string sixteen bars together. Jayz hasn't put out a classic in longer than em. Ye is busy buying kim a new ass. Young money is bankrupt. If you can listen to xv and not think he's improved on literally every weakness he has ever had you shouldn't even be here
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby killshady » Dec 3rd, '14, 20:29

csw621 wrote:Do you have any idea how many people are involved in making a taylor swift cd? Em does this shit all by himself, it's all him. Everything you hear was in his head and you should consider yourself lucky he's sharing it with you. No one puts out a product of this quality on their own anymore, nobody. I've asked people to name anyone, literally just one artist rhyming on em's level and they can't. jcole can barely string sixteen bars together. Jayz hasn't put out a classic in longer than em. Ye is busy buying kim a new ass. Young money is bankrupt. If you can listen to xv and not think he's improved on literally every weakness he has ever had you shouldn't even be here

this is just about...

old Eminem team was like a BIG FAMILY. and every fan feel it and like this team, like this music.

new Eminem team is Various Artists, Different Artists, Random Artists. This is not one team anymore, probably this is reason, why 2.0 is flop. no one support together. on MMLP2 we not listen D12, SH or Yella on feat. after Relapse, we not feel family. This is just alone Eminem and Rihanna or another random artists, this is no family anymore. this is not team anymore. just random people on one label. i never seen SlaughterHouse live performance on SNL or MTV awards, but i see 50 & D12. This is reason, why D12 sell more and perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2004, and 2.0 artist not did it.

without promotion, people not interesting in your album. without promo, people even not dowload or streaming for free your albums. after 2009 only Eminem have promo on TV or internet.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby momentsgolden » Dec 3rd, '14, 20:42

Hood Billionare just sold half that and its only a week old. Shady XV= success.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby csw621 » Dec 3rd, '14, 20:46

Em knows he's not advertising like he used to, he's not aiming for those people.
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hamza1972 » Dec 3rd, '14, 21:47

MMLP2 is the best selling rap album in this year:
MMLP2 - 515,000 (US)

Yes, the music industry is suck
Hamza1972
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Dec 4th, '14, 02:07

B.A.D. wrote:Times have changed
I think thats actually pretti good considering its 2014 and its a compilaiton/label album.... not bad :y:

It's not bad at all for a compilation album in 2014 indeed... Also, Em's in his 40's.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Mr. Porter » Dec 4th, '14, 02:34

tHe mEmO will not flop. Million first week.
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Dec 4th, '14, 03:57

csw621 wrote:Do you have any idea how many people are involved in making a taylor swift cd? Em does this shit all by himself, it's all him. Everything you hear was in his head and you should consider yourself lucky he's sharing it with you. No one puts out a product of this quality on their own anymore, nobody. I've asked people to name anyone, literally just one artist rhyming on em's level and they can't. jcole can barely string sixteen bars together. Jayz hasn't put out a classic in longer than em. Ye is busy buying kim a new ass. Young money is bankrupt. If you can listen to xv and not think he's improved on literally every weakness he has ever had you shouldn't even be here

Lucky the forum is closing then cos ShadyXV is garbage
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Emadyville » Dec 4th, '14, 05:59

B.A.D. wrote:Times have changed

I think thats actually pretti good considering its 2014 and its a compilaiton/label album.... not bad :y:

my thoughts, even tho shady was all over it.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby S.T.A.N. » Dec 4th, '14, 10:14

It's garbage regardless of the sales.
NO.1 Eminem Fan on TR!
S.T.A.N.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AliEFC » Dec 4th, '14, 13:22

"You think you're fucking with me cos you sold like 300 thou'?" ... lol

Really though my opinion is that, the album is not very good, it's the first Eminem album I've never felt like buying. The lead single flopped, and Eminem feeds off them, considering he only released one single the promotion could have been a lot better in hindsight. Hopefully the Shady staff take notice of this and will take their time to release a better, not rushed album in the future. PS. my opinions. don't be mad.
AliEFC
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Eminem