The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Benzino's Former White Protege Speaks on Eminem Racism

All questions and discussions on Eminem to be found here.

Benzino's Former White Protege Speaks on Eminem Racism

Postby eminemcaparica » Aug 20th, '05, 00:44

news blogs features community ringtones alerts

Daily Hip-Hop News:
Benzino's Former White Protege Speaks on Eminem Racism Accusations
Tuesday - November 25, 2003
by Carl Chery

While Ray Benzino has called Eminem rap's Hitler, Elvis and a "culture stealer," the Boston veteran and Source co-founder had ironically signed a white emcee to his Surrender label in the late 90s called The Bawston Strangla. After being mysteriously dropped in 1999, The Strangla re-emerges to speak on the recent Eminem controversy and Benzino's hypocrisy.

"I think he made a mistake, I think he was young. To me that's what it sounded like. It sounded like he was probably 16 or 17 years old his girlfriend broke up with him and he was heated. But at the same time, you don`t go putting stuff down if you don`t mean it like that," The Strangla told SOHH.com via phone regarding the Eminem audiotape at the center of racial controversy.
eminemcaparica
Role Model
Role Model

geez

Postby braindamag00 » Aug 20th, '05, 03:22

they need to give em a break. everyone makes mistakes. everyone duz crazy shit when they mad. hez made up for it n obviously is against racism so y cant people leave it be?
these shouldaz hold up so much they wont budge, i'll neva fall or fold up. evn if my colla bonez crush n crumble, i will neva slip or stumble
braindamag00
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby j_shady » Aug 20th, '05, 04:50

if you listen to the track he(Em) doesnt say anything racist of any kind, he juss says stuff like "dont go out w/ a black chick cuz she'll break your heart" type stuff...if other rappers did a song juss like that but instead say "dont date a white girl cuz she'll hurt you", then it wouldnt be a big deal...people wil juss think of it as another crack at white folks....its big of Em to apologize juss for what he did but to me he did nothing wrong, alot of people make fun of asians, blacks, hispanics and etc...but no one cares but when its Eminem who is white makes a song about a black girl, then people like benzino put him out there and make him(Em) look like a KKK member. seriously the shit is over Ben juss wallow in your own filth and stay away from labeling people that theyre not.
j_shady
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby eminemcaparica » Aug 22nd, '05, 00:23

i agree with you j_shady, i already listen alot of black rappers sayng shit about the with womens
eminemcaparica
Role Model
Role Model

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 22nd, '05, 02:28

j_shady wrote:if you listen to the track he(Em) doesnt say anything racist of any kind, he juss says stuff like "dont go out w/ a black chick cuz she'll break your heart" type stuff...if other rappers did a song juss like that but instead say "dont date a white girl cuz she'll hurt you", then it wouldnt be a big deal...people wil juss think of it as another crack at white folks....its big of Em to apologize juss for what he did but to me he did nothing wrong, alot of people make fun of asians, blacks, hispanics and etc...but no one cares but when its Eminem who is white makes a song about a black girl, then people like benzino put him out there and make him(Em) look like a KKK member. seriously the shit is over Ben juss wallow in your own filth and stay away from labeling people that theyre not.

^^^^^
I got ya

and all has two answers

1.Jealousy
2.Business

that's why they care
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

4real

Postby braindamag00 » Aug 22nd, '05, 22:53

j_shady u r 4real then cuz i have never heard tha tapes but if thats wat he sayn than ur true. rappers always comment on otha races so jus cuz emz white dont mean he should get put out like dat....FUCK BENZINO
these shouldaz hold up so much they wont budge, i'll neva fall or fold up. evn if my colla bonez crush n crumble, i will neva slip or stumble
braindamag00
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby j_shady » Aug 23rd, '05, 06:22

yeah right on you guys...i juss sick of people putting labels on people when its not true
j_shady
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to Eminem