The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dre comments on Busta's Big Bang

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Dre comments on Busta's Big Bang

Postby TRshady » May 15th, '06, 09:11

Yahoo wrote:LOS ANGELES, May 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Multi-platinum recording artist Busta Rhymes will release his Aftermath Entertainment debut, "The Big Bang," on June 13, 2006. The album, his first in three years, showcases a combination of two of the most dynamic, creative forces in hip-hop music as Busta Rhymes teams with super-producer and Aftermath chief, Dr. Dre.

"The Big Bang's" initial offering, the Swizz Beatz produced "Touch It," and its remix, which features Mary J. Blige, Lloyd Banks, DMX, Rah Digga and Papoose, are currently searing airwaves worldwide. ("Touch It (Remix)" has been atop the UK's 1Xtra Official Hip-Hop Chart for 14 consecutive weeks). The second single, the offbeat "I Love My Bitch," which features Kelis and is produced by the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am, has had similar success in the short time since its release.

Throughout "The Big Bang," Busta Rhymes hosts an array of worthy collaborators, most notably Stevie Wonder, who graces "Been Through the Storm." He moves from one funk and soul legend to another; this time, Rick James, who appeared on the song "In the Ghetto" shortly before his death.

Dr. Dre, who signed Busta Rhymes to Aftermath, commented: "All of a sudden I'm hearing people in the streets talking about how Busta's back. In my mind, he never left, and that's why I wanted to f*ck with him in the first place. He's got that drive, and he never stops trying to top himself. Anybody who knows Busta knows that he's always gonna come with heat."

Dre's influence pervades. He provides the musical backdrop for, among others, "This Is How We Do It Over Here," which features Missy Elliott. "The Big Bang" also boasts guest appearances from Raekwon, Marsha Ambrosius of Floetry, and Q-Tip.

An impressive collection of today's finest producers complement Dr. Dre's efforts, including Timbaland, G-Unit's Sha Money XL, Jelly Roll, Green Lantern, and Jay Dilla as well as the aforementioned Swizz Beatz, and will.i.am.

"The Big Bang" is Busta Rhymes' seventh solo album. It follows the platinum-selling "It Ain't Safe No More." Fans will recall that Dr. Dre and Busta Rhymes first linked up for "Break Ya Neck" the wildly popular single from Busta Rhymes's fifth platinum album, Genesis.

The new album can be pre-ordered now from Amazon.com.
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby ines » May 15th, '06, 10:04

thx tr for the news :worship:
ines
Renegade
Renegade

Postby RTReaper » May 15th, '06, 20:02

damn this albums gonna OWN!
RTReaper
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shadyluva » May 15th, '06, 20:43

i cant wait till the album cumz out....its one of the most anticipated albums of the year....busta put out a great single 2.....every1s mad hype....CANT WAIT :happy: :8) :flower:
=]
lifee is GREAT
=]
Shadyluva
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Shady / Aftermath News