The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Celebrity Tributes To Proof

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Celebrity Tributes To Proof

Postby Ivy » May 23rd, '06, 20:30

Shadybase wrote:- Juelz Santana

"Oh man, I feel like that was just one more murder that hip-hop didn't need for real man," Santana told SOHH. "I wanna send my condolences to Em, I know that was his dude and Em just as a rapper, as an artist I really look up to that dude, ya dig."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Salem Wreck

PROOF IS MY BROTHER AND MY BEST FRIEND
I CAN'T EXPLAIN THE FEELING HE GAVE ME WHEN WE WERE TOGETHER, NOR CAN I EXPLAIN HOW I FEEL NOW WITH HIM GONE.
HE TAUGHT ME A LOT ABOUT BEING A MAN AND GROWING UP IN AND OUTSIDE THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. HE SHOWED ME TO LIVE LIFE AND ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT. HE WILL BE IN MY HEART FOREVER...I MISS U DUDEY!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Lit

It was the most unlikely pairing. Eminem on the Warped Tour '99, along side a variety of rock bands. Lit was one of those bands. We never really hung out with Eminem himself but Proof was always around and always very cool to us. When both Lit and Eminem parted from that tour, A.Jay and Proof exchanged cell numbers and kept in touch often. Usually late night drunk calls to see what the other was doing.

The last time we ran into each other was in New York, at Madison Square Garden, when Lit opened for Kid Rock. Proof along with Eminem and the rest of their friends came out that night. Anytime we ran into him it was like time never passed. He always took time to stop and either have a cold one with us or just to say hi and see what we were up to. When I heard the news of the shooting, I couldn't believe it and felt compelled to write something. He'll be missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and fans who will miss him!

God speed friend!
Lit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Gorillaz

We are all deeply saddened and shaken to hear the devastating news regarding the death of Proof. Gorillaz had the great privilege of teaming up with D12 on the track 911 and to hear of his passing in this way is a terrible, unnecessary tragedy. He will be a hugely missed presence, personality and talent in the world of music and beyond. On behalf of Gorillaz at this difficult and sensitive time we send all our thoughts and love out to Proof, his family, his bandmates and his colleagues. He was a father figure to the Detroit Rap scene and a primary motivator in the inception of D12, and people of that stature are few and far between. This shocking incident is an enormous tragedy and once again an incredibly demonstrative indication that the guns need to be put down for good. Proof, rest in peace - Love from Gorillaz."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Mysterious (Making the Band)

Yo this is your girl Mysterious from MTV's �Making The Band. This right here is for Proof, Detroit will never ever forget you. You customized hip-hop, and showed a lot of people that we can make it, even out side our city. We go back on the east side of Detroit, ebony show case, I love that dude and I'll never ever forget him. May he rest in peace, may god take care of him, my homeboy Proof, rest in peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Ali (Raw Collection)

This is Ali, on behalf of Raw Collection, we want to give out love and shout out to Big Proof, we miss you man, rest in peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Pep (Sicknotes)

One love Big Proof, Pep, Sick Notes, we definitely going to miss you man. Appreciate everything you did for this city, for the world, rest in peace hommie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Whit (Sicknotes)

Yo what up doh? This is your boy Whit from the legendary Sicknotes. I want to shout out my man Big Proof, rest in peace, we always going to love you hommie. One Love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Paradime

This is Paradime, Detroit city, Beats at Will Records. Things will never be the same without my man Big Proof. We wouldn't be Detroit if Big Proof wasn't there. My man might be gone physically but spiritually the whole scene is Big P, no question about it. Untill I'm dead, the hottest fucking rapper Big Proof, Iron Fist, all my family, Purple Gang, I F to death, all my family D12, Hex Murder, Hush all the people in Detroit hold it down. Fucking legend, fuck a hype man, hes a fucking legend. That mother fucker is the city of Detroit, no question about it. Big P we fucking miss you dog, we love you. The shit will never be the same without you. We love you Big Proof, Detroit city, 313 for fucking life.

- Paradime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Paul Wall

Ya what it do? This is the Peoples Champ Paul Wall, representing Swisha House live and direct from Houston, Texas. Just wanted to say rest in peace to that boy Proof, definitely going to be missed hommie. Shout and tears out to the family. Always out for the D12 family baby, rest in peace hommie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Kon Artis

"I just don't know how to feel right now," D12's Denaun Porter, known within the group as Kon Artis, told the Detroit Free Press. "It's crazy because we're suffering all these losses. We lost Bugz," an original member of D12 who was shot and killed in 1999 during a picnic at Detroit's Belle Isle Park. "Now we lost Proof. I just don't know, you know what I mean? We're all so messed up. Whatever happened, whoever this dude is, is still around. This is just crazy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Snoop Dogg

Snoop Dogg said Proof's death was a loss to the hip-hop community.

"He was a part of the hip-hop family," said Snoop Dogg at the MTV Australia Music Awards.

"We can't stop it (violence) ... we try to ... we try to be as positive as we can and do good things with our lives."

"I just know that every time somebody gets killed in hip-hop we should look at it as a tragedy.

"There's nothing we can do to stop it as hip-hop artists but be who we are and continue to make our good music."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Lil Jon

WE GOTTA STOP KILLIN EACH OTHER MY NIGGAS!! PROOF WAS A REAL NIGGA. A GOOD NIGGA. NIGGA HAD A WIFE AND KIDS!! HE LOOKED OUT FOR NIGGAS. ALWAYS CRACKIN JOKES AND MAKIN MOTHERFUCKERS LAUGH. WUT DA FUCK!! THIS SHIT WAS PROB OVER SOME BULLSHIT. AINT MANY REAL MOTHERFUCKERS LEF. THIS SHIT GOTTA STOP!! REST IN PEACE MY NIGGA!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- C Ray Walz

HE JUST LOST THE FLESHY SHELL FAMILY
NAH MEAN SOULJAHS!!!????

MY SHIT IS LIKE
HOW REAL DOES SHIT HAVE TO BE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO
KILL
TO FUKIN KILL
ANOTHER BEING
(I DON'T EVEN WANNA FIGHT SOMEONE ELSE)
TALK ABOUT CARRY THE CROSS
THE SPELL OF LEVIATHAN IS DEEP
WE MUST KEEP THE LIGHT CUZ THE DARK IS EVIDENT PEEPS

PROOF
ONE OF THE BEST HYPEMEN EVER
GREAT FREIND...EVEN TO STRANGERS
ILL BATTLE CAT...VERY WITTY
DOWN TO EARTH ALL AROUND LOVER AND LIVER OF LIFE!!

HAHAHAHAHAHHA
LAST TIME I SAW PROOF WE GOT DRUNK IN FRONT OF ST. ANDREWS HALL
(DETROIT CLUB EVERYONE ROCKS AT IF YOU DON'T KNOW)
HIS LITTLE MAN WAS BLAZING THIS OLDER KID IN A STREET BATTLE..
THEN PROOF PULLED HIS ASS OUT AND STARTED RANDOMLY...FARTIN AT CARS.....AS THEY PAST YELLIN

"DON'T GET SHOT NIGGA"

I THINK I'M PRETTY EXTREME..
BUT PROOF IS CRACK....ME AN ODB WATCHED HIM AMAZE A ROOM FOR 5 MIN TALKING BOUT BEER
AHAHAHAHAHAH
I GOT TOO MUCH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
MEMORIES OF PROOF....FEELME.
THAT'S THE PROOF.

PROOF IS
ONE OF THOSE CATS THAT CANT DIE MORE THAN PHYSICALLY CUZ HE HAS CLASSIC MOMENTS LIKE THIS ALL OVER THE GLOBE
HE LIVED LIFE UNTIL THE TRACK ENDED
AND I'M SURE THE DJ BROUGHT IT BACK FOR HIM A FEW TIMES....
AHAHAHAAHAHAH

I REMEMBER WHEN HE LOST AT THE BLAZE BATTLE
(WE WERE BOTH IN THE 2ND BLAZE BATTLE AND WE BOTH LOST IN LIKE THE FIRST ROUND OR SOME SHIT)
HE WAS SO HEATED WHEN HE LOST HIS RHYME
HE MADE ME SLAP HIM TO FEEL BETTER AND DISTRACT HIM AT THE SAME TIME....

ME AND VAST GOT THE NEWS WHILE WE WERE ON A CALL WITH EACH OTHER...
I GOT A TEXT FROM MY HOMEGIRL
WE WERE FUKIN ANGRY AS HELL.....
THAT IS OUR BROTHER.
FUNNY...AND I DO MEAN FUNNY.
RIGHT AFTER WE BOTH TURNED ON MTV FOR THE CONFIRMATION ON THE NEWS...AND OF COURSE IT WAS HEADLINES NEWS TUESDAY MORNING...
RIGHT AFTER THE NEWS WENT OFF

THIS SNAPPING OFF BATTLE COMPETITION CAME ON AND WE BOTH WATCHED IT FOR TWENTY MINUTES

THAT SHIT WAS FUKING FUNNY AS HEEEELLLLLLL

I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THE SHOW
CATS WERE BATTLIN JOKE FOR JOKE........AHAHAHAHAH
WOW
YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I AND HUNDREDS OTHERS HAVE DONE THAT WITH PROOF...

IT REPRESENTED BALANCE IN A VERY EXACT WAY
AS ME AND VAST WERE BUILDING THAT
SOMEONE IS STARVING WHILE WE EAT....
LAUGHING WHEN WE CRY...ETC.

THAT KID PROOF IS A CLOWN
HAPPY WITH LIFE......THE EVENT THAT TOOK HIS LIFE IS NOT FUNNY. HE ALWAYS WILL BE
I THINK WHEN YOU ARE REALLY CLEAR ABOUT LIFE YOU DIE...THAT'S WHY I WANNA KEEP LEARNING.
FEEL ME

AS I SAID IN THE CREDITS IF "RAVIPOPS"
WHEN YOU DIE PEOPLE REMEMBER YOU FOR WHO YOU WERE...NO
WHO YOU REEEAAALLLLYYYYY WERE.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

PROOF IS FUNNY

BESIDES THE THOUGHT OF THE SAD SOUL WHO SHOT MY ***** IN THE HEAD

THERE IS NO WAY TO HAVE A SAD THOUGH ABOUT MY MAN PROOF

I SUGGEST START SNAPPING ON THE NEAREST PERSON YOU SEE LATER OR START THAT SHIT UP IN A CROWDED
ROOM OF DRUNK AND HIGH FREINDS

THAT RIGHT MUTHAFUCKAS...
START JOKES CIPHERS WHILE PROOF IS STILL FRESH IN THE AIR......HE WILL BE THERE FO SURE.
WATCH THE BLUNT LEAVE QUICKER....YOU MAY HEAR HIS BUCK TEETH ASS LAUGH....

OR SPLIT A DUTCH WITH HIS TEETH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PROOF I LOVE YOU
THANK YOU FOR BEING FEARLESS ENOUGH TO BE HAPPY...
EVEN WHEN YOU WAS A BROKE ASS BATTLIN NEXT TO MY BROKE BATTLIN ASS.

REMEMBER YALL

DON'T LET LEGENDS DIE.
THE MIND AINT A GRAVEYARD...BUT HEAVEN INDEED

STRONGHOLD FOREVER
PROOF
L.I.P.

LIVE IN PEACE

THIS PHYSICAL DREAM IS THE REAL RESTING STATE NOW CLOSE YA EYES AND SEE THE PROOF!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- B Real

This goes out to my homie Proof,, may god embrace you my friend, your time on this earth with us was short but we'll never forget that lil bit of time we got to know you and spend with you.. whether it was recording in the studio or touring the world.. you were a good friend to me and i'll never foget that.. you'll be missed by those of us that considered you to be family and i can say that i was one of those people..you will never be forgotten... you were a soldier for hip hop and a talented individual the world didn't get to hear enough of .. but us who knew what you were capable of will always know in our hearts what was taken away from us last night... we love you my brother and we will light one up in your name always my friend R.I.P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- The Game

For a person to shoot & kill another person, there had to be a tremendous amount of hate & envy for the victim.Over the years we became real cool & remained homies throughout all the beef shit with G-Unit . I met Proof early 2002 in a studio in Los Angeles & we clicked right off the back. The same night we were in the studio doing some mixtape shit while Em, 50 & Dre were in the back studio workin on Get Rich Or Die Tryin'. Over the years we became real kool & remained homies throughout all the beef shit witt G-Unit so to wake up this mornin' at 10:41am flip open my sidekick & read that the homie was killed due to a bullet in the head just literally fucked my day. I will end this short letter by saying this, Proof will always be remembered & I as well as the Black Wall Street family will keep his memory & his family in our prayers 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- ?uestlove (The Roots)

Proof.cotdamn. to hear about life in the d from the dilla related projects i swore them mofos was super exxxxxagerating. why? everyone in the D was so nice to me.

i guess most of you know that super monster freestyler Proof of D-12 was murdered this morning in the D. i consider Proof to be the thin line between Em's version of the D and Dilla's version of the D. im mean sure i know that Royce the 5"9 did some joints with dilla. but for the life of me i could never fathom why the man considered one of the worlds finest mc's (Em fans please note i said ONE) never linked with the the greatest beatmaker of all time (note i said THE).

however i know that Proof indeed was connected to both worlds.

although i met proof at detroit designer's maurice malone's store when the roots first came out in 1995 (this day would also mark the last full american performance of root malik b)---it wasn't until december of 1998 that i got a taste of the man they called Proof.

December 31st 1998 tariq, elo (the other mc on The Roots THINGS FALL APART's "dynamite") and i just did a long night at studio a (the home to most of the material on fantastic vol 2 (slum), and most of the Ready For The World records (they were from the D too) and i guess this being the eve of 1999 we were looking for some fun.(elo and tariq had other new years eve plans)

dilla being the gracious host he was rang his man up on the phone to set some fuck up and sure enough coming in like a hurricane with this crazy foul mouthed hillllllllarious motherfucker named proof.

i mean he had jokes from the second he stepped in and NEVER stopped. he was far crazier than the character that Proof's life was based on in 8 mile (m phiffer's role).

at first i thought he was a sarcastic fuck because every 2 seconds he was on some rick james "oh my fucking gawd....its quest....motherfucking....love!!!!" shit.

i dunno....call it low self esteem, call it modesty, or whatever...but i pretty much took this regular joe guy stance once i realized after our debut album wasn't gonna get us all the riches and the bictches of the world. i am greatful for it. so whenever anyone makes a big deal of me i just shrug it off simply because i don't see the proof or results of such a clamour. however that dosn't mean that i don't appreciate it. i realized that he was sincere in his words and that he was simply trying to rep his city so that i left with a good impression.

the d has me at "hello".

he had the whole intenerary set up:

strip club
after strip club
bring the strip club home.
repeat
rinse.

so we piled into the caDILLAc: me, dilla, frank of frank n dank, and proof.

being the sheepish fuck i was, i asked whether or not we needed to stop to the ATM to get cash so that we could gain admission.

proof was dying:

"you hear this bitch? he tryna pay and shit. nigga do you know who you is?!?! you are motherfucking brother ?uestion!!!! they should be paying you!!!!!"

poor child i said.

he don't know that i mean as much to the bouncer/cashier person at the door as the man on the moon

"jay lets be safe and lemme get some cash"

proof snickered.

well sure enough strip club number one (and mind you this is riiiiiiiiiiiight before "you got me" hit) proof was like "let me do the talking"

(walks to guard)
(whispers)
(guard ganders at us..)
(ponders...)
(pauses...)
(gets another guard)
(points me out)
(i know what they thinking....why the fuck did i let proof talk me into this)
(guard walks to proof in 5...4..3...i can feel it coming)

"he said its $30 each"

damnit proof!!!!!!!!!

i mean proof was mad FOR me. he was on some "yall dont know who the fuck this is?!?!? this man is a legend!!! this man is god's gift to drumming! yall better recognize!!!!!!!!" shit.

poor child.

just as i was suggesting maybe we should go to the bank to get some cash, proof was screaming "FUCK THAT! we going to get some love elsewhere!"

it was 10:30pm december 31st 1998.

we drove and drove to no avail. not that we got fronted on....but somehow the business owners of the east side of detroit knew what time it was come midnight, so most kept their doors shut and locked until waaaaaaay after midnight.

now dilla was worried because we really needed to find shelter before the bullets were going to rain out the sky. we been riding for an hour in traffic and closed doors to any party worth going to. proof was sensing my patience wearing thin, so he blurted out

"Fuck it! we rolling to retha's house."

dilla and dank started ROLLING. they KNEW this bitch was frontin' aint no way he can make this happen if he couldnt make 3 clubs let us in for free (again i was willing to pay, but proof was on some "Fuck that i run the d and these bitches better show some love or else!"

the "re" he was referring to was the mother of a friend of his. you know her by her full name: aretha franklin.

you had to admire this mofos balls: he "failed" at 4 attempts to have the scrippers hanging off the rafters into my lap and now im just suppose to think that i can crash areatha franklin's livingroom to avoid a hail of bullets courtesy of the midnight uzi patrol?

i told frank (driving now) "yo, i really dont think we should be in the east side of detroit when the clock strikes 12...why dont we try to get to (the much safer) westside.

proof could sell water to a drowner.

"Fuck that! we getting in!!!!"

(we pull up to aretha's house)
(sit in the car.)
("you getting out"?)
("well you get out first")
(i don't know her you should go!")
(well you have the house number at least? i dont wanna crash this bitch)

at 11:56 we decided to haul ass and run for cover. we was too scared to press the doorbell and we did NOT want to be outdoors when they yelled HAPPY NEW YEARS. talk about bullet the blue sky....shesh!

new years eve searching for something and all i got was a rock.

well not really:

we got out of the eastside of detroit just in the nick of time. (we heard bullets ringing out everywhere) we settled on greektown around the corner from my hotel for grub and that was where proof saw his boy who told us about a party to go to.

we went and you know what?

shit was hillllarious. he was ranking and playing the dozens on everybody and clowning all his female friends like "eat a dick im with questlove!!!!!"

"who?!?!?"

sigh. poor child.

we took those ghetto ass polaroid flicks where there is a air brush painting of a bmw and you front like you living the good life.

when the night wound down (5am ish) in all seriousness he apoligized for "a failed mission of hoes hoes hoes" that he promised the beginning of the night.

but the whole night within itself was the bigger experience. that shit was just like all of em cramped in that car in the 8mile movie. for 4 hours we peeped all these slum joints, proof had a demo of "its my fault" from the slim shady lp (this is the first time i ever heard about em) we argued up and down about hip hop and all the opinions along with it.

a failed night?

once again proof was wrong.

poor child.

rest in peace my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Insane Clown Posse

The Insane Clown Posse, along with the entire Hatchet Family, would like to extend our condolences to the family and friends of DeShaun Holton, a.k.a. Proof of D12. It was only in the last few months that we actually got to know Proof, and in the short time we knew him, we learned that he really was a good guy. We know that he will be greatly missed by his friends and family. God bless. Peace, y'all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- DJ Butter

We made alot of history together. I understood our ups and downs. I hope your business partners really help your legacy live on. I'm glad your were album to release your solo album and get your label poppin'. You always told me, you wasn't getting the respect and pay you deserve from your own people. I hope these muthafuckaz finally appreciate you. You told me, Business is Business and Personal is Personal. I always tried to not mix it up, but I considered you legendary before the deal (Day 1). Thanks for the fistfights that we survived and even the diss tracks (lol)--you even help promote me thru our little beefs. You helped make my mixtapes important when others wanted to take from me and discredit my history. One thing I loved about you is that you didn't back down from shit. Tell Bugz I said let's "Act A Fool". R.I.P. to you both.

Detroit's Mixtape King,

DJ Butter (a.k.a Wack DJ lol)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Royce Da 5'9"

I am deeply saddened by the murder of someone I called a good friend. I've known Proof for over nine years and will always remember him for the joy and life that he brought into every room he entered. We first met at Detroit's Hip Hop Shop where Proof was hosting open mics and was considered by most to be Detroit's freestyle king. Even then you could tell there was something special about him. Some people might be familiar with a well-publicized beef that Proof and I had a couple of years ago. Thankfully though, we had not only resolved our conflict, but we also restored our friendship. Back in December, we went overseas together for a few spot dates in Europe where we had a chance to catch up on "the good ole days". We both laughed at how we sometimes forget how far we've come, until you look out of your hotel window and see London's Big Ben or Paris's Eiffel Tower. On that tour we had a chance to visit cities we never even knew existed. Not bad for two kids from Detroit Huh. His death is such a loss for the hip hop community, and especially for the city of Detroit. I hope that he will be remembered for the talented artist and great person that he was, and not the tragedy that he fell victim to. My thoughts and prayers go out to his entire family, friends, and anyone that was ever touched by him.

You will forever be loved and remembered.....
Royce Da 5'9"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Eminem

You don't know where to begin when you lose somebody who's such a big part life for of your so long. Proof and I were brothers. He pushed me to become who I am. Without Proof's guidance and encouragement there would have been a Marshall Mathers, but probably not an Eminem and certainly never a Slim Shady. Not a day will go by without his spirit and influence around us all. He will be missed as a friend, father and both the heart and ambassador of Detroit hip-hop.

Right now, there's a lot of people focusing on the way he died. I want to remember the way he lived. Proof was funny, he was smart, he was charming. He inspired everyone around him. He can never, ever be replaced. He was, and always will be, my best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Rhymefest

I have just learned that Proof from D12 was killed in Detroit this morning. Why is it that the truly-talented have to leave us so soon? What can we learn from this? Violence, once again, has struck the Hip-Hop community. Before you become numb to the thought of violence in Hip-Hop, please remember that the impact is, nevertheless, tragic and saddening. This has to stop. What do we do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Dj Exclusive

Proof was Detroit HipHop. He has been labeled "The Hip Hop Mayor of Detroit". He was the cornerstone. This is a major loss for the whole hiphop community. Another life gone due to bullshit violence. The last time i spoke w/ him was last week & he wanted me to do a couple new mixtapes for him & his label Iron Fist, Im gonna make sure that those releases still come out for his fans & proceeds goto his family. Proof will always be remembered & loved very much. We need to STOP THE VIOLENCE THO FA REAL! -DJ Exclusive aka Mr No Days Off

Proof & Chino XL
DJ Exclusive @ Shade45
Exclusive Proof Video

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- PHAT KAT

He was one of the forefathers of Detroit hip-hop, said 34-year-old rapper Phat Kat, who recently hung out with Proof at Detroit's Northern Lights Lounge, a bar that attracts Detroit's hip-hop heavyweights every Tuesday night. That's a real blow to the hip-hop community. ... He was one of the persons that was responsible for Detroit hip-hop as a whole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Jared Gosselin (Iron Fist Records)

Proof use to tell me he knew me better than I knew myself, but what he knew was what I was striving to become and who I am and will always be. We had many great experiences , you will never be gone. Once P told me he was going to chase me through the afterlife and ever since you departed from this earth I have seen you in many forms .
I love you P

IF to Death

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Darcalino (Iron Fist Records)

This is 1 of the hardest things I've ever had 2 go threw. First an foremost I wanna express our deepest thanks to every1 for their cards, flowers, words of wisdom, an those who didn't know what 2 say so they just came an just sat with us.

Proof was more than just a guy that knew how 2 work the stage. He was a workaholic who led by example. A guy who would treat a guy he just met on the street with the same respect as he would as if he was talking 2 a guy in the boardroom. A guy who would always tell ya 2 live your life for every moment . " be ya own man Darcey, when ya wait that's when doubt has tyme 2 move in "

3 moves ahead of the game is how chess players think. An if you've ever been 2 the IronFist office you will see chessboards all over the office. Ya see any1 can play checkers . It takes a real person with wit an skill 2 master the game . I think nah scratch that P was way ahead of his tyme . It sucks that it took for something like this 2 happen before people understand the man behind the music . Been around the world an you can still find him at a coney talking politics with the owner. Or ya might find him catching some1 slipping with the "azz reaper " for falling asleep in the lab or anywhere else for that matter.

Its taken me awhile to put something 2gether . Not cuz I don't know what 2 say its quite the reverse . I just want p 2 know that I have learned so much from him an most of it had NOTHING to do with music. He pushed us 2 be the best at whatever you did if ya clean windows be the best if ya work at a fast food joint be the best cuz 1 day they ( the powers that be ) will say damn dude is really kickin azz we need him on the team ..

It worked for me an I'm sure it can for you ....

Thank you P, dirty harry, oilkan, more importantly thank you Deshaun Holton for having faith in me ( when most didn't) I will not an can not every forget you ...

You will forever be Detroit Hip hop

Watch in Peace
Darcalino
IronFist records
I F 2 DEATH

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

"My life your entertainment, you watch it while I live it. I walk they folla (ay), I talk they holla (ay), just here for your amusement. My life your entertainment. you watch it while I live it. You waitin' for me to lose it, I guess I'm just here for your amusement..." ~ T.I. feat. Usher "My Life Your Entertainment"
Ivy
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Nick419 » May 23rd, '06, 20:51

this shit was posted like the first week proof died
RIP Big proof~Broken hearted, my soul's like a open target
And I'm ready to leave Earth
You step to my death next year on my T-shirt
Nick419
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Ivy » May 23rd, '06, 20:57

g_killa wrote:not all at once in 1 thread ...nice post taylor

Thanks Killa, and you're welcome...

"My life your entertainment, you watch it while I live it. I walk they folla (ay), I talk they holla (ay), just here for your amusement. My life your entertainment. you watch it while I live it. You waitin' for me to lose it, I guess I'm just here for your amusement..." ~ T.I. feat. Usher "My Life Your Entertainment"
Ivy
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Nick419 » May 23rd, '06, 21:07

:unsure: ok sure cause i've seen more then 90% of them if not more
RIP Big proof~Broken hearted, my soul's like a open target
And I'm ready to leave Earth
You step to my death next year on my T-shirt
Nick419
Role Model
Role Model

Postby ines » May 24th, '06, 09:57

thx for the news
ines
Renegade
Renegade

Postby RTReaper » May 24th, '06, 23:04

RIP BIG PROOF, and thanks for the posts, i didnt read any of these before since i joined the site after Proof died....

actually the reason i joined was cause i heard he died and went lookin and found this site, so thanks for the news.....even if its bad news.
RTReaper
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby kait » May 25th, '06, 00:38

RIP Proof. Thanks for the post. it was good to read that so many people made a comment in tribute to Proof.
kait
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby dgentz » May 25th, '06, 07:54

thanks taylor

by the way: when questlove is talkin about being in detroit with proof on new year's eve... what's he talkin about when he's like "we got out of the eastside of detroit just in the nick of time. (we heard bullets ringing out everywhere)" and the "midnight uzi patrol" ... whats that all about? someone fill me in :)
dgentz
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shady / Aftermath News