The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Proof's Shooter Cleared On Murder Charges

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Proof's Shooter Cleared On Murder Charges

Postby Ivy » Jun 4th, '06, 02:46

Shadybase wrote:A Detroit prosecutor has ruled that Mario Etheridge, the man being held in connection with the killing of D12 member Proof, acted lawfully when he shot and killed the rapper at the CCC nightclub in April. According to the Associated Press, prosecutor Kym Worthy announced at a press conference yesterday that evidence collected in the case clearly proves that Etheridge was acting in defense of another person. The incident is said to have begun with a disagreement over a game of pool that quickly escalated when Proof began arguing with Etheridges cousin, Keith Bender. Proof then allegedly pulled out a gun, pistol whipped the man and shot him in the face. Etheridge is said to have fired two warning shots into the ceiling before firing on Proof himself in an attempt to defend his cousin. The rappers blood alcohol level law at the time of his death was reported as being four times the legal level in Michigan. Etheridge will remain incarcerated and will face charges for carrying a concealed weapon, possession and discharging a firearm in a building. If convicted, he faces up to nine years in prison.

"My life your entertainment, you watch it while I live it. I walk they folla (ay), I talk they holla (ay), just here for your amusement. My life your entertainment. you watch it while I live it. You waitin' for me to lose it, I guess I'm just here for your amusement..." ~ T.I. feat. Usher "My Life Your Entertainment"
Ivy
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby katastrophe » Jun 4th, '06, 03:45

this shit is crazy...way too much confusion and sad to handle. im in a loss of words right now
katastrophe
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby X-Ray » Jun 4th, '06, 21:29

Idc I wanna see that bog in prison :angry: :sweating:
X-Ray
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gunslinger101 » Jun 5th, '06, 14:47

yh same bt too b honest if sum1 shot UR cousin in da face u wud shoot them. nd hes obviously nt lying because the shady camp wud get the best lawyers around, nd they still find the dude inocent so it cnt b too far from the truth
gunslinger101
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby X-Ray » Jun 5th, '06, 15:32

hlo how do you think bush got into office
X-Ray
Soldier
Soldier

Postby stevethetruth » Jun 6th, '06, 19:39

that's just wrong he should be charged with murder
stevethetruth
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby matz » Jun 6th, '06, 22:35

steverocks88 wrote:that's just wrong he should be charged with murder

how can u say that??? when no1 knows what happened?
matz
Role Model
Role Model

Postby 5lim5hady » Jun 7th, '06, 01:51

RIP proof, but who gives a fuck who u are, if anyone shot near my cousin i would fucking blast their brains out. and i would be id take it to prison with me with no regrets. im glad theyre not favoring the dead rapper, again RIP. but thats why u dont get fuckin drunk when u have a gun on you. poor proof didnt know what he was throwing away.
5lim5hady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby ines » Jun 7th, '06, 08:30

oh boy oh boy.and that's alll that he can get, 9 years of jail for killing somebody.why can't they charged him for murder, he has done a murder, at least you gonna think, that he was the victim and not proof.and when does they let proof family alone, never.they must put him into jail for the rest of his life, or otherwise give him the death row.there are more people that get death row in the states, and they have done not yet so much like he has done.but that's my opinion of this
ines
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Shady / Aftermath News