The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dr. Dre In Trouble With PETA Over Fox Fur-Lined Headphones

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Dr. Dre In Trouble With PETA Over Fox Fur-Lined Headphones

Postby SG. » Jan 13th, '12, 23:45

Eyebrows have been raised at PETA over fashion designer Oscar de la Renta's recent collaboration with Dr. Dre's Beats headphones range, which has produced a $695 pair of maroon fox-fur lined headphones.

Last week a PETA rep fired off a disapproving letter to Dre, warning him to 'keep exotic-animal skins out of your Beats by Dre designs,' report AllHipHop.

In an attempt to convince the rapper/producer, Cho described typical methods for acquiring animal pelts in countries where the practice is unregulated: "Foxes, minks, rabbits, and other animals - including cats and dogs - are bludgeoned, genitally electrocuted, strangled with wire nooses, drowned, and even skinned alive for their pelts."

"You have a tremendous amount of influence on young people," added Cho. "Won’t you please consider using your platform to advocate kindness toward animals by pledging never to design with real fur and exotic skins?"

Do you think Dre's fox fur headphones are a design too far?

http://www.taletela.com/news/12297/dr-d ... headphones
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Re: Dr. Dre In Trouble With PETA Over Fox Fur-Lined Headphon

Postby NicoleEM » Jan 14th, '12, 00:52

LMAO this report was hilarious.I don't even see the point in releasing these ugly headphones:

beats-by-dr-dre-oscar-de-la-renta-fur-headphones.jpg
beats-by-dr-dre-oscar-de-la-renta-fur-headphones.jpg (55.29 KiB) Viewed 4474 times
"You just hurt my god damn feelin' and that was the last one i had"
NicoleEM
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Dr. Dre In Trouble With PETA Over Fox Fur-Lined Headphon

Postby SG. » Jan 14th, '12, 00:53

I know, completely ruins the point of Beats (they look good).
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Return to Shady / Aftermath News