The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent Explains How the Recording Process Has Changed

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

50 Cent Explains How the Recording Process Has Changed

Postby SG. » Dec 8th, '12, 21:23

In an interview with Complex, 50 Cent spoke on the matter, particularly in reference to earlier song of his, "Wait Until Tonight."

50 explained that often times, the production is completed prior to him laying a verse. "You got a lot of guys that make records and everything’s done for you before you get there. The producer actually made the record. It has a sample playing and a chorus, you did your verse, you have three other rappers that generate interest from different demographics rap behind you and it’s done."

Fif added a caveat, stating that there was some utility in that type of recording process. "Those records, they’re good too because sometimes those are the things that you don’t have to think about. You hear it, you go, 'Okay, I know what it is,' and you just party to it. There’s no substance to it that makes you stop and think."

The Queens emcee explained how "Wait Until Tonight" brought him back to earlier times insofar as the recording process. "'Wait Until Tonight,' for me that’s a representation of what I fell in love with in the beginning of me enjoying Hip Hop culture. With the actual writers, it’s [from] when we watch each other and see what we offer and try and top it. It was about being competitive, not just going back and forth arguing with each other. Now they think being competitive is beefing. But they didn’t use that terminology until after the Biggie and 2Pac situation went bad. They would have called it battling prior to that. They think that’s being competitive, saying something about someone else, not actually making a record that impacts."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... s-changed/
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Return to Shady / Aftermath News