The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Ascap honers 50 cent

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Ascap honers 50 cent

Postby Ivy » Jun 29th, '06, 17:07

Aftermathmusic wrote:50 Cent is named songwriter of the year at the 19th annual ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards on Monday night (June 26) at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.

50 Cent was honored for his contributions to five award-winning songs -- "Candy Shop," "Disco Inferno," Hate It Or Love It," "How We Do" and "Just A Lil Bit", which were saluted in both the Rap and R&B/Hip-Hop categories. "How We Do," co-written with Dr. Dre, The Game and Mike Elizondo, and "Candy Shop," co-written with Scott Storch, also earned 50 Cent this year's Top Rap Song and Ringtone of the Year honors, respectively.

This is the second time that 50 Cent has been named ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Songwriter of the Year, and his second consecutive win for Ringtone of the Year.

"My life your entertainment, you watch it while I live it. I walk they folla (ay), I talk they holla (ay), just here for your amusement. My life your entertainment. you watch it while I live it. You waitin' for me to lose it, I guess I'm just here for your amusement..." ~ T.I. feat. Usher "My Life Your Entertainment"
Ivy
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby katastrophe » Jun 29th, '06, 19:09

congradulations 50 Cent =D> it was a pretty good year for him. a shit load of singles. propz for the news
katastrophe
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to Shady / Aftermath News