The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kendrick Lamar Calls Jay-Z Collaboration "An Accomplishment"

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Kendrick Lamar Calls Jay-Z Collaboration "An Accomplishment"

Postby SG. » Mar 17th, '13, 21:18

Kendrick Lamar speaks on "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe (Remix)," says South By Southwest is "a beautiful thing."

Attendee’s at South By Southwest, and later anyone with an internet connection, were in for quite the musical surprise when Young Guru previewed a sample of the “Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe (Remix),” which boasts appearances from both Kendrick Lamar and Jay-Z.

While at the coveted music festival, Kendrick chopped it up with MTV News and spoke briefly on how much of an accomplishment his collab with Jay-Z is.

“It’s just one of them things, you know, you live up to. One of those moments to really challenge yourself and say, ‘Okay, that’s how I come in.’ I always looked up to the greats to be a great,” said Kendrick. “So to actually be on a track with him it’s an accomplishment.”

Although the TDE rapper graced many a stage at South By Southwest, he revealed that it’s pretty enjoyable being able to take in various genres of music at one festival.

"South By Southwest, a lot of great shows. A few of my homies performing. That’s the best thing, just getting to see people that I actually like go out here and rock,” Kendrick explained. “I think that’s the beautiful thing about South By you know, music moves people, so there's really no boundaries to what you might run into. You might run into some indie rock, you might run into some rock, you might run into some Hip Hop, some jazz, blues, R&B, whatever."

Kendrick didn’t touch on when the full version of “Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe (Remix)” will be released, but did reveal that his next musical release would be “Kill My Vibe.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... -southwest
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Re: Kendrick Lamar Calls Jay-Z Collaboration "An Accomplishm

Postby viJilance » Apr 21st, '13, 21:13

Man, I respect Jay-Z because he used to roll wih Big L, and is a great business man, but I really hate his music these days. Only Kanye is worse.
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Postby IBasicallyRage » Jun 2nd, '13, 18:51

viJilance wrote:Man, I respect Jay-Z because he used to roll wih Big L, and is a great business man, but I really hate his music these days. Only Kanye is worse.

:y:
Revolutionary wrote:One of the best usernames on TR along with GoodGirlsGetGutted :b:

#Rafael #Snake #SneakerheadShady #BlogsMcGooch #Yoda #DetroitSkills #PKisMyHomie #Painus #mdemaz #NiggaGang
Keep in touch! -
Add Me On Twitter! - @D3uC3ss
Add Me On Skype! - lookinq4emz - Ethaaan
IBasicallyRage
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Squiggles123 » Jun 29th, '13, 09:11

I liked Jay's verse on this, I've been bumping this song since it came out, I love it.
Squiggles123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Jun 29th, '13, 09:16

Squiggles123 wrote:I liked Jay's verse on this, I've been bumping this song since it came out, I love it.

I love it too but Jay's verse is garbage. If I was Kendrick I would be so disappointed if my idol gave me that for a feature. No wonder he renegaded him on that second verse.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Squiggles123 » Jun 29th, '13, 10:38

I don't think it's that bad of a verse, he can definitely do a lot better though. I'd probably be disappointed too. Yeah Kendrick killed it. My favourite lines:

"I know you heard me, nigga, this is a burpee, nigga
Lyrical exercise"

"Told niggas when I was 16 that I'd write a 16
To put a nigga right on the big screen
In the paddy wagon with six teens"
Squiggles123
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shady / Aftermath News