The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Fokis mixtape feat. aftermath producer focus

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Fokis mixtape feat. aftermath producer focus

Postby Ivy » Jul 10th, '06, 16:57

Aftermathmusic wrote:The independent music movement is usually glamorized as an alternative to "the Majors." The true story is that taking the independent route is not a simple road. It takes dedication, foresight, a knack for taking on risks and challenges, and, as his stage name suggests, having the focus to succeed.

When asked by a writer "How would you describe your sound?" Fokis naturally replied, "I can't do that." "I can't describe the sound, the sound describes me. The music determines my voice at any given moment." It is a rarity for an artist to give more credit to the music than to himself. But then again, Fokis is that rare artist. With every passing moment he is adding another chapter in his quest to bring focus back to music, his focus.

For an artist who is new, his affiliations, contributions and support reads like a "Who's Who of Hip Hop." Receiving both national college and commercial spins (Hot 97), he has collaborated with the likes of Kool G. Rap, Tru-Life, Rahsaan Patterson, Killah Priest, Hell Razah and more, selling over 7,000 CDs and digital downloads. He has opened for Common, Beatnuts Cormega and Killah Priest among others.

Fokis has worked with notable producers such as Charlemagne ("Blueprint 2" by Jay Z), Dahoud ("Can't Knock the Hustle" by Jay Z, "Still not a Player" by Big Pun), and more. While interning at Violator Management, James Cruz put it best when he said to Fokis, "I love your persistence and determination."

Recently Aftermath producer Focus... hooked up with Fokis to work on the mixtape "Fully focused", which is hosted and produced by Focus... It`s an aFam Records release (label of Focus...) and it will drop July 28th. The mixtape features Focus..., True Life, Kool G Rap and more.

"My life your entertainment, you watch it while I live it. I walk they folla (ay), I talk they holla (ay), just here for your amusement. My life your entertainment. you watch it while I live it. You waitin' for me to lose it, I guess I'm just here for your amusement..." ~ T.I. feat. Usher "My Life Your Entertainment"
Ivy
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Shady / Aftermath News